Corner Carver Made Me Do It

timmythecop

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Those twin clicker's are easily rebuildable, Ive done mine a few times. Lucky for me, I have a place near me that can recharge the nitrogen.

I also blasted the spring and powdercoated it in my garage.

Bare metal waiting for the powder.

DSC03537.JPG?psid=1

Fresh from the oven. Bright and shiny and tough as nails.

Spring%20final.jpg?psid=1

BEFORE...

before.JPG?psid=1

AFTER...

After.jpg?psid=1

This particular twin clicker was rebuilt by Jamie Daugerty about 8 months ago. The spring in poweder look nifty, but I am in a time crunch to put as many miles on this thing before TMac as I can. Later, if love blooms, I'll look after the shiny bits. (I have access to a powdercoat set up that can fit an entire frame with no problem)

What is the fastest colour spring?

• Member Contributer

Those twin clicker's are easily rebuildable, Ive done mine a few times. Lucky for me, I have a place near me that can recharge the nitrogen.

I also blasted the spring and powdercoated it in my garage.

After.jpg?psid=1

Beautiful work as always Kel!

Clicker installed. I am at sea as far as ettings go, I guess I need to ride it a bit. The hub is in the hands of the machinist. Running out of major hurdles. Still have to come up with a brake torque arm, hang the Fox reservoir, and see what tank/petcock combo is going to work. Tyres need to be bought as well. Does anybody know if Michelin 160s jibe with this set up? I cannot remember what types are too big.

• Member Contributer

Should have had one of those when I owned that LeMans........................... :wacko:

• Member Contributer

Are those metric threads AND metric heads? The local hardware store sells 8 or 10mm bolts with...1/2" heads. It is very annoying.

• Member Contributer

U get one from me then.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!

trying to turn this

IMG_32211_zps272d51b5.jpg

into this

164281_10200991816497351_228421479_n.jpg

100_8858_zpsd9f0ab03.jpg

I am sooo tired. I have given up sleeping for this here turd. looks like all the machined pieces fit with a reasonable amount of grooviness. here is where she sits as I go for my first drink of the week.

100_8861_zpsc2724caa.jpg

• Member Contributer

I stray away from VFRd for a couple of months (work, masters degree classes, kids, life, etc) and come back to find Timmy is actually building something, not just collecting piles of motorcycles.

This is truly the end of days.

I'll give you a w00t Timmy: w00t.

BUGGER.

Well I answered one of my own questions. A Dunlop Q2 160 is too wide. This is heartbreaking, because it is brand new, and it was free. It is also odd because it seems wider than the old 170 Metzeler I took off!!! Are the actual widths of tyres posted somewhere?

Hey Perham, you wanna free rear tyre for your 1300?

• Member Contributer

BUGGER.

Well I answered one of my own questions. A Dunlop Q2 160 is too wide. This is heartbreaking, because it is brand new, and it was free. It is also odd because it seems wider than the old 170 Metzeler I took off!!! Are the actual widths of tyres posted somewhere?

Hey Perham, you wanna free rear tyre for your 1300?

I do, but it takes a 170/60...

If you want to bring it to TMac, I'll give it a shot. I mean I'm already running a 170/60 I took off the ST on the VFR, and a 180/55 off the VFR on the RC51.

• Member Contributer

Impressive work you are doing Tim. You're a giant among us mear mortals. Keep up the good work sleep is way over rated.

Archived