Corner Carver Made Me Do It

timmythecop

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

You gotta ditch that eyesore of a fender.

Does the original one fit? It looks 100 times better.

Even in flat black. :wink:

• Member Contributer

Original fender is too narrow to fit over the new tire.

A VF750F fender would fit though. :wink:

wait...the original VF's were 16"... timmy's up to a 17" up front now..

found a sportech 160/60 in my mountain of junk. zero miles on it. will swap that tomorrow for a test fit. I have more pressing issues other than that ugly fender. It isnt as bad as it looks in profile (but it is kinda goofy)

Just as my "new" petcock nears my mailbox, I got the old one to stop leaking. Go fig. Tyre width, fuse box placement, centre stand removal, a once over and then re-safety wiring everything is all that stands between me and the corners.

Does the chain rub on top of the swingarm?

It isnt alligned close enough to investigate yet. Looks like a new chain will need to be hung back there as well.

Does the chain rub on top of the swingarm?

It isnt alligned close enough to investigate yet. Looks like a new chain will need to be hung back there as well.

Just guessing from one of the pics of the swingarm angle. I ran into that issue with my CB. In the end I had to compromise and get a bigger rear sprocket, as I couldn't afford to lose any ground clearance by lowering the swingarm angle. Something to keep in mind before you buy that chain.

Fuse box is as easy as lengthening the wires and tucking it somewhere else. Cut up an old harness for the splices or grab a roll of fresh wire at the 'Shack. I put my CB fuse box under my seat like that (was also a top triple mount). I gained a little extra room by switching the box out for one from a newer bike that uses mini fuses.

thankfully, Honda put that fuse box on a very long pigtail. I just wanna attempt some waterproffness. It will prolly end up inside the right side of the fairing.

• Member Contributer

Timmy, I've never met you, but you have all of my respect. Awesome job. Not sure on the flat black though,,, but all else is ace. Okay, the flat black is okay too. My hats off to you. :biggrin:

Btw, what the heck is a "woot"? :fing02:

Hey dgordon, that is nice to hear, but remember that I havent broken any new ground here and I leaned on the folks here a ton. I think Invisable Cities now has me blocked :491: I have been an "assembler" at best, but the process has given me a newfound respect for real builders who can clean-sheet it and come up with nifty stuff. The Tmac deadline was kinda fortunate in that it has motivated me to finish this one in time. In the end, I hope it lives up to my hopes and justifies all the effort.

• Member Contributer

This thread is becoming outright dangerous for the compulsive chain cleaners.

Heck, I don't clean my chain and even I am offended.

P.S.

Good job timmy :beer:

head bearings feel like crap, and now it wont start. To tell you the truth, I am sick of this thing right now. I have to walk away from it for a while.

• Member Contributer

maybe it has seen video of the numerous "Hi, I'm Timmy the Cop" imposters and doesn't want to be subjected to a week as a carnival sideshow in Appalachia.

Or it could simply be jealous of the Seca...either way it is good when couples spend so much time together that they take a short break every now and then.

maybe it has seen video of the numerous "Hi, I'm Timmy the Cop" imposters and doesn't want to be subjected to a week as a carnival sideshow in Appalachia.

Or it could simply be jealous of the Seca...either way it is good when couples spend so much time together that they take a short break every now and then.

or...I ordered some all balls and the carbs picked up some junk from the gas tank.............................

Archived