412 Mile, 70 Deg., 55k Mid Tn The Pictorial

3-2-08cliftonride002.jpg

Well the first 70 deg. weekend brought out all the bikes here in Mid TN and I too took advantage of it myself getting in 412 miles of mostly Solo ride. I took the time to stop and take pictures of some of my favorite spots along my favorite Mid TN route.

I have never taken the time to stop and take pics of this route as I'm always riding with others, but this Solo trip gave me the chance to do so! Here is my day as a pictorial. :thumbsup:

BTW I just installed a set of Pilot Race tires, new chain and sprockets and fresh oil & filter, I had to wear it out today!

3-2-08cliftonride003.jpg

Heading into Clifton

3-2-08cliftonride004.jpg

3-2-08cliftonride005.jpg

Had lunch in Clifton!

3-2-08cliftonride006.jpg

3-2-08cliftonride008.jpg

Turned 55,000 fantastic miles on my awesome VFR!

3-2-08cliftonride009.jpg

3-2-08cliftonride010.jpg

3-2-08cliftonride011.jpg

Pet Elk!

3-2-08cliftonride012.jpg

3-2-08cliftonride014.jpg

3-2-08cliftonride015.jpg

3-2-08cliftonride016.jpg

3-2-08cliftonride017.jpg

3-2-08cliftonride020.jpg

3-2-08cliftonride023.jpg

3-2-08cliftonride027.jpg

3-2-08cliftonride031.jpg

3-2-08cliftonride032.jpg

3-2-08cliftonride034.jpg

3-2-08cliftonride035.jpg

3-2-08cliftonride036.jpg

3-2-08cliftonride039.jpg

3-2-08cliftonride041.jpg

3-2-08cliftonride045.jpg

3-2-08cliftonride047.jpg

3-2-08cliftonride050.jpg

These two black 1098s's and a F4 Agusta pulled into Pucketts net to my bike at the end of the day!

3-2-08cliftonride052.jpg

There you have a picture of my fantastic day here in Mid TN! :thumbsup:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Great pics Kevin, glad you guys are getting good weather. Too bad your VTEC's not in the pic with the Ducs and MV, would've made the pic look outstanding!!

55,000.......nice :thumbsup:

Damn, sounds like a great day. I would have much rather been riding then laid up with this bum knee.

Looks like it is time to change your mileage in your sig too. :idea3:

I'm sure the Pilot Race tires feel incredible, seems like a pretty extreme choice for the street though. What made you decide to go that route?

Great pics Kevin, glad you guys are getting good weather. Too bad your VTEC's not in the pic with the Ducs and MV, would've made the pic look outstanding!!

Thanks and here ya go!

3-2-08cliftonride.jpg

I'm sure the Pilot Race tires feel incredible, seems like a pretty extreme choice for the street though. What made you decide to go that route?

Lack of funds and 6-7 sets of Race Take Offs sitting around! :idea3:

The way you wear out tires I think I'd rather buy your gas than your tires. :huh:

And no thats not an offer!

• Member Contributer

Thanks and here ya go!

3-2-08cliftonride.jpg

Bitchen!!! :idea3: :beer: :lol:

Now send that to the Ducati forums and tell em to use it in next years calander :huh:

That's some beautiful country there. :thumbsup:

Almost as pretty as Californy. :huh:

Seriously, I think a riding visit through your turf needs to get on my bucket list. :idea3:

• Member Contributer

Great pics Kevin........ :thumbsup: I got home and was off-line...no reports or pics up yet.............. :wheel:

• Member Contributer

Oh man you're gonna pass my mileage any day now. Guess I should start riding my VFR again. Thought I was set to pass 60k by the end of '07 but then I got the Ninja rebuild finished. (Well, finished enough to ride legally)

Hey! I know those roads!! Would love to have joined you yesterday, but had a friend in town who needed more of a Skuuter Crawl pace :wheel:

It was a lovely day all the way around though ... and kind of interesting riding the 200 mile loop at about 1/2 speed ... there's some really pretty stuff along that route ... why didn't you tell me??? :P

Glad you got the full ride in and got to take those pics! Very nice!

glad you got out....70+ degrees and except for a short ride to the gym, mine sat indoors all day sad.gif

everywhere i went with my kids yesterday, motorcycles kept going by....rubbing it in....

spring is comin!! :thumbsup:

Hey Kev:

I guess your 'BirthdayNINJA' didn't get to ya yet, huh? sad.gif

Next time, you could ride her it and post some more 'scenery' shots..... :wheel: :goofy:

Looks like a nice Fall ride before all the salt/frost/snow/crap/etc. up here..... B)

Someday..................... :squid: :goofy:

Nice pics Kevin. BTW it is perfectly acceptabe to make a stop or two on a group ride.

Stephen

I did some solo ridin myself this past weekend, its definatly a different ride.

Geat pictures Kevin,I live there and your pictures do it justice.I rode the school bus on that road we use to stick our arms out the window and try to touch the bluff.I'm a little smarter now (maybe).Its a wonder I didn't see you my son and I rode to Linden and back mid-afternoon. I would love to ride that loop with you some time I know I'd be playing catch up but would like to see you in action.If anybody wants to float that river(Duck) let me know I've got 4 kayaks and a take out place on the farm.Glad you shared the ride.

• Member Contributer

It was indeed a beautiful day. Skuuter, Mitzie, Honley, and I were in Leiper's Fork and area yesterday. We rode E. Tenn and Mid-Tenn. We kept looking for you but not too hard because we figured you would just be a blur.... :lol:

Lot's of interesting people watching at Puckets yesterday in the afternoon. It was kinda like a small circus there. Between Sat. and Sunday, it was over a 600 mile weekend for me in perfect weather.

Nice pics, Kevin!! :thumbsup:

3-2-08cliftonride050.jpg

Some of these places I know where they are.......where is this.....road name, and outside of where please............... :thumbsup:

Amazingly enough this is Hwy 46 coming in to Leipers Fork from the south end about 1/4-1/2 mile from Pucketts! I never realized how cool those trees where coming in that way! :blink:

I really feel stupid now....as many times as I've came through there. As a matter-of-fact, Me, Mitzie, Honley, and Bent were through there yesterday............. <_< :blink:

dont feel bad...i go there weekly and i still dont recognice that photo... :idea3:

The way you wear out tires I think I'd rather buy your gas than your tires. :goofy:

Oh come on, it wouldn't be that much! :blink:

Your right BTW as A rear tire won't last me 6 of these rides and that gets real expensive! :blink:

I've gone through between 25-30 rears on this bike alone!!! :huh:

Lack of funds and 6-7 sets of Race Take Offs sitting around! +1.gif

The way you wear out tires I think I'd rather buy your gas than your tires. :goofy:

Oh come on, it wouldn't be that much! :goofy:

Your right BTW as A rear tire won't last me 6 of these rides and that gets real expensive! :blink:

I've gone through between 25-30 rears on this bike alone!!! :huh:

Well, fun = expensive, And I guess your just having alot of it. :thumbsup:

thats alot of tires.

Hey! had a friend in town who needed more of a Skuuter Crawl pace +1.gif

and kind of interesting riding the 200 mile loop at about 1/2 speed

Hey, I resenble those remarks a few years back! :goofy:

:beer:

I know exactly what you mean!! :blink:

It's payback time ... the good motorcycle karma account demands that I make some deposits to make up for all the withdrawls a few years back, and I'm happy to do so. smile.gif

:goofy: :huh:

Archived