412 Mile, 70 Deg., 55k Mid Tn The Pictorial

Beautiful pics Baileyrock. These off & on camber sweepers look like a lot of fun :thumbsup:

3-2-08cliftonride003.jpg

Thanks, there are sweet! We just get into this section for a mile or two before we turn off, I should see if they keep going one day! :thumbsup:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Hard to beat Tennessee for scenic motorcycle riding................ :thumbsup:

I envy you your weather. We just had another ****ing storm last night that dropped another 15cms of snow on top of the bajillion cms we have already had this winter. :pissed: :blink: :goofy: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Were suppose to get snow flurries here tomorrow night! :blink:

That and it's suppose to be freaken cold this weekend too, If that makes you feel any better? :pissed:

• Member Contributer

Great pics and roads!

A kind of torture to me - we still have snow and around 0C here. smile.gif

One more month of waiting.

• Member Contributer
Were suppose to get snow flurries her tomorrow night! :unsure:

That and it's suppose to be freaken cold this weekend too, If that makes you feel any better? :beer:

Not too cold to ride Sunday though.... :goofy:

You won't catch me out Sat. or Sunday morning running 80 mph for 1.3 hrs in 17 deg. temps to make a Crawl ! :blink: NO thanks! :unsure:

Sat. high 35/low 17, Sunday high 48.

Heat or no heat, to your body, your tires will be worthless, no matter how sticky.

I like you guy's too much. The ride is not worth your health. AND I'M FRICK'N JONESING TO RIDE! LOL.

You guy's get more ride time than any of us northern clowns. Take it for what it is.

Tires stick just fine, it's all the crap they put on the roads up here makes finding traction tough...

%201.gif

I've Never had a Cold tire traction issue running Pilot Powers, ever and that's riding quick down into the 20's! :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

Yeah, I haven't had tire stick issues, but I've had a coupla' "salt-drifting" experiences lately, with the Triumph and even with the Ruckus......... :unsure:

Thanks .................Great! :thumbsup:

Weather not bad here also!

So many places and so little time. :goofy:

Got that right, I'll hopefully be doing it again this Sunday! :thumbsup:

So many places and so little time. :pissed:

Hey ... does that mean Puckett's for a breakfast run??? :idea3:

• Member Contributer

So many places and so little time. :idea3:

I'll bet it does.................. :pissed:....some of us will be "Crawlin' while Ya'll are Blitzin"................. :salesman:

So many places and so little time. :pissed:

Yep, lets ride!!! :idea3:

Snow ??????? is that the white stuff?

I live at the bottom end of UK and haven't seen any good snow for years.

Its just always windy and raining.

Them roads look great ,the weather looks great, the bike looks great...................Dam my life sucks

• Member Contributer
Why all eastern? Just head straight to Tennessee! :warranty:

Y'all got me thinkin 'bout breakfast now, is it July yet?? Coffee's on me!

I'm in............ :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

I noticed you took a pic of the trestle at Grinder's Switch (Minnie Pearl) outside of Centerville. That field in front of it will be solid yellow with wildflowers in a few weeks if it hasn't already started blooming. Clifton always looks clean, one of the few river towns that does. I can't believe we never met on any of those roads, because I've been all over them. I think you ride more on Saturday where I've been out that way more on Sunday. Nice writeup to make them all jealous of our stomping grounds. :thumbsup:

I noticed you took a pic of the trestle at Grinder's Switch (Minnie Pearl) outside of Centerville. That field in front of it will be solid yellow with wildflowers in a few weeks if it hasn't already started blooming. Clifton always looks clean, one of the few river towns that does. I can't believe we never met on any of those roads, because I've been all over them. I think you ride more on Saturday where I've been out that way more on Sunday. Nice writeup to make them all jealous of our stomping grounds. :thumbsup:

was anyone at leipers fork this last sunday, i met some vfr riders out and about and am looking to go riding this easter sunday

Them roads look great ,the weather looks great, the bike looks great...................Dam my life sucks

It's bound to get better, you just joined VFRD!!! :thumbsup:

:goofy:

• Member Contributer

My pics are still in the gallery from an old ride report. I'll add a couple with more green in them to make you folks even more jealous of TN in the spring. :goofy:

Judging by the bike still having OEM exhaust cans, these were likely taken in the spring of 2005.

The trestle with wildflowers

gallery_382_24_33763.jpg

P1010016.jpg

Town of Clifton

gallery_382_24_209821.jpg

P1010011.JPG

Tennessee River at Clifton with my son in foreground

gallery_382_24_317125.jpg

P1010005.JPG

More of Clifton

gallery_382_24_383388.jpg

P1010004.JPG

the last two years i've done tours of the west coast and western states. wanna see some of the other half.

next year i'll be a full-time teacher with summers off - guess what i'll be doing?

Why all eastern? Just head straight to Tennessee! :goofy:

Y'all got me thinkin 'bout breakfast now, is it July yet?? Coffee's on me!

very scenic and lush background. looks like a great place to go for a spin.

great pics! maybe i'll have to do an all eastern US trip in the next couple of years.

I usually have an empty bedroom or two if you need a place to stay! :thumbsup:

I can't believe we never met on any of those roads, because I've been all over them. I think you ride more on Saturday where I've been out that way more on Sunday. Nice writeup to make them all jealous of our stomping grounds. :thumbsup:

Hey zep,

I can't believe it either as I've been riding that route/area almost every other Sunday for that last 4-5 years! :offtopic:

I bet over 25,000 of the miles on my Vtec are on those roads! That is because after years of fine tunning of the route and finding better connectors, this is the Best and most continuous nice twisty route in Middle TN. :thumbsup:

Maybe this year my friend! :beer:

Archived