Wrecked

lshark

took a nice 170 mile ride today.....70F beautiful day....stayed out till just after sunset to try out the new headlamps......a deer jumped the guard rail and tackled me ....VFR looks totaled, need to get a good look at it in the daylight

post-23916-0-13069700-1446640063.jpg

post-23916-0-90967500-1446640123.jpg

post-23916-0-69756700-1446640178.jpg

helmet laws DON'T suck

the tow truck prob did as much damage as the accident

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just a bit sore

Bummer Ishark. Glad you seem to be ok. Deer and bike don't appear to be so lucky. Let us know what you need.

i think i need a Blue 2013 non DCT....i hope i can salvage the Ohlins shock

the bike went over or through the fence...i never saw the deer, first thing i knew i was on my way down....don't remember all of it....i was off of the bike before it hit the fence..

• Member Contributer

the bike went over or through the fence...i never saw the deer, first thing i knew i was on my way down....don't remember all of it....i was off of the bike before it hit the fence..

Glad you miss the fence, had a friend hit one the soft tissue damage to his legs and arms was horrific .

• Member Contributer

the tow truck prob did as much damage as the accident

Glad to hear you are a survivor!

When my first bike was wrecked, the tow truck driver hung it from the sling and put a nice dent and paint scratches on what was a pristine tank. I rebuilt the bike and had to live with the damage inflicted to the tank.

I've crashed before in the middle of nowhere, and had time to sit and think (and rebuild, in my mind) while waiting on a tow truck. When one showed up, and the guy said he'd never picked up a bike before, I sent him away, rather than have him f it up more. Hell, the day was alredy shot...what's a couple more hours? I finally got a flatbed with some good tie down hooks and a winch and we were good to go.

• Member Contributer

Glad you're OK.

And yeah - you will be able to salvage the shock or get paid for the new one.

• Member Contributer

THE most important thing is that you seemed to get away unscathed....it could have been so much worse.

The bike can always be rebuilt/repaired or get a new one. You can't.

Best of luck and hopefully a speedy settlement from the insurance.

• Member Contributer

When I started reading this my first thought was "I hope he's ok". Glad that turned out well. It must have been one hell of an impact to destroy nearly all the bodywork. Hope you find a new ride soon!

• Member Contributer

I'll join in 'glad you're okay' chorus. If you haven't already done so, you should get yourself checked out by a doc nonetheless. Your accident is more support for my 'don't ride between dusk and dawn' philosophy. What were you wearing? I suspect ATG since you're typing and planning to buy a replacement. :fing02:

i was wearing my Joe Rocket Phoenix Jacket and pants and Merrill hikers.....some mud and road rash on the clothes and the toe of the boot is half way worn through...my brand new Sheoi Neotec died a hero......

further investigation today in the daylight reveal that the bike took out a 4"x4" concrete post as it went through the fence, without me aboard.....the post was smashed to bits, just rebar and the stump remaining...that is what prob took out the headlight and gauges

post-23916-0-39963700-1446687361.jpg

post-23916-0-10759100-1446687529.jpg

thanks for all of the good words my friends, feeling ok today just a bit bruised and sore, but really not to bad

Archived