Wrecked

lshark

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

speed limit is 50 mph there....i was moving along with moderate traffic....i honestly don't recall because i didn't see it coming, i got blindsided by the deer...so i didn't really make note of my speed....but there were cars in front and behind....i def wasn't playing around, just rolling along.....so prob between 45 and 60

Yup - she's a goner. Better the bike taking out the post than the rider.

No doubt. Could have hurt worse. :ohmy:

• Member Contributer

Are any bits worth salvaging? The end can? Rear wheel? Any other extras you fitted? I assume you can buy it back from the insurers for a modest sum.

• Member Contributer

So the morning after the night before,

how is your body holding up?

• Member Contributer

NJ and Wisconsin have to be the top deer strike states. I've spent a lot of time in both and deer just give me the willies there. Thanks for bein' an ATGATT guy! That helmet damage would'a hurt like hell on a bare head.

hey guys....feeling ok, just a little sore....really bummed out though thanks for all of the well wishes

NJ and Wisconsin have to be the top deer strike states. I've spent a lot of time in both and deer just give me the willies there. Thanks for bein' an ATGATT guy! That helmet damage would'a hurt like hell on a bare head.

ATGATT ?????

• Member Contributer

must be a left coast thing

What matters more than whether you know the acronym is whether you live its credo -- which you clearly do! I'm glad your gear served you so well. Sorry about the bike.

i want another VFR1200F....blue ??....but i am going to test ride the KTM Super Duke and Aprilla Tuono next week

Any deer summer sausage for sale ? I'll take a pound or two. :goofy:

if i was hungry i would have hit a cow !!!!

;-)

• Member Contributer

Ishark, I'm very glad you are still walking around. Those bastage hoofed forest rats are a real menace.

Olive has coined a alternate credo:

All The Gear When You Hit A Deer.

Welcome to the survivors club deer slayer.

• Member Contributer

Glad you were able to walk away from that. I won't even ride at dusk,early evening here in WI,because of the deer. Glad to see the neotech did its job....I have the same helmet.

Glad you are okay. Post up more pictures of the bike if/when you get a chance.

see my other post "She's a Goner" for junkyard pics

further investigation today in the daylight reveal that the bike took out a 4"x4" concrete post as it went through the fence, without me aboard.....the post was smashed to bits, just rebar and the stump remaining...that is what prob took out the headlight and gauges

attachicon.gifIMG_20151104_0921171051.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20151104_0920110341.jpg

thanks for all of the good words my friends, feeling ok today just a bit bruised and sore, but really not to bad

holy crap, looks like the vfr is the real mvp here that took that concrete post instead of you, glad to hear you're ok.

Archived