Looks Like Bein For Tv

interceptorrider

• Forum CEO

I saw that, Motogp, world SBK, and Motoamerica. I DONT have it on my cable line up - 10 bucks more a month or 120 buck a year I am no sure thats worth it. I may just drop cable all together and just get it on demand. Cable TV sucks anymore.

• Member Contributer

I saw that, Motogp, world SBK, and Motoamerica. I DONT have it on my cable line up - 10 bucks more a month or 120 buck a year I am no sure thats worth it. I may just drop cable all together and just get it on demand. Cable TV sucks anymore.

I googled "how to get bein tv" and they list providers. Without cable tv (that's me) it looks unavailable.

Miguel, what is the on-demand of which you speak? I could waste a lot of time watching mc racing. And I've got it to waste. But I have no dough to waste. :(

beIN coverage is European style in that it is flag to flag. No commercials. It's pretty good actually. I think it was the UK commentators last year here in the US broadcast for WSBK. I liked it a lot. Not sure what it would cost to get all three series on demand or over the internet. Might be cheaper to get beIN on cable. I DVR it anyway and watch it at my leisure. I hope MotoA can keep building on their good start last year.

• Member Contributer

I'm in the same boat... have to sign up for a higher package with Uverse to get BeIN HD SPorts

I have been looking at dropping satellite and start streaming. I already have Amazon Prime and Netflix, so why not?

I also found Sling TV which seems pretty decent. $20 a month and I think for $5 more I can get Bein. The only channel I don't think I could watch anymore that I like is Velocity.

• Member Contributer

Better hurry up, first race WSB is Friday

Well, this Saturday (at least it is Saturday in Oz!)

SuperPole: 12:30pm local time on Saturday; Race1: 3pm local time on Saturday; Race2: 3pm local time on Sunday. I suppose I'll get used to the new format, but right now I think it's...not so good. :unsure:

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Just signed up....a bargain at about $5.00 a race :wheel::beer: I enjoy the Motogp online, much better then the coverage we get here, when its on tv......

• Member Contributer

I have been looking at dropping satellite and start streaming. I already have Amazon Prime and Netflix, so why not?

I also found Sling TV which seems pretty decent. $20 a month and I think for $5 more I can get Bein. The only channel I don't think I could watch anymore that I like is Velocity.

There is a program for your computer called 'KODI' that lets you watch Almost ANY TV show or movie live sports etc.. But you have to download "addons" There is also a box you can get off of EBAY That is like Apple tv or rouku That is preloaded with all the programs you need and works with a remote. If you Google KODI box or XBMC box you will see alot of choices and a better explanation than I can give. There are also Youtube videos that show how it works. I have not had cable for 2 years just use the 'Box' and antenna tv. This shows world wide TV from any country. Best thing I ever bought except for the VFR of course!!

There is a program for your computer called 'KODI' that lets you watch Almost ANY TV show or movie live sports etc.. But you have to download "addons" There is also a box you can get off of EBAY That is like Apple tv or rouku That is preloaded with all the programs you need and works with a remote. If you Google KODI box or XBMC box you will see alot of choices and a better explanation than I can give. There are also Youtube videos that show how it works. I have not had cable for 2 years just use the 'Box' and antenna tv. This shows world wide TV from any country. Best thing I ever bought except for the VFR of course!!

Oh yea the 'box' cost between $40-$65 USD and that is it no other costs or subscription fees. I like FREE!!

• Member Contributer

I use Kodi/Openelec on a Raspberry Pi 2. It's pretty awesome enough power to play blu-ray with all the goodies. Add-ons are spotty, but I would assume running Kodi on a windows platform, you would have more options for add-ons.

Also, current exchange rate from USD to euro is pretty good. 70Euro was $77 for WSBK Videopass.

• Member Contributer

I use Kodi/Openelec on a Raspberry Pi 2. It's pretty awesome enough power to play blu-ray with all the goodies. Add-ons are spotty, but I would assume running Kodi on a windows platform, you would have more options for add-ons.

Also, current exchange rate from USD to euro is pretty good. 70Euro was $77 for WSBK Videopass.

My Box runs Android and has an add-on app. It came preloded with all the programs [stations] that I've needed to watch what i wanted. Has music function also and other stuff I don't understand or use.

• Member Contributer

Miguel if you only have to add a $10 sports package to get beIN it is worth it now that WSBK and MotoGP are on that channel.

Just the fact that they broadcast without commercials and do the post race interviews is worth not having to be interrupted by commercials. If I had known that GP was moving to beIN I would have cancelled my GP subscription as it costs much more than the $10/month upcharge for beIN.

• Member Contributer

beIN is only showing the 2nd race in my area. However, spanish beIN in my area is showing both races :mad:.

I just watched their "preseason" show and the first race is being broadcast tonight at 1030 pm Eastern.

The guide only shows the broadcast "To Be Announced" so your dvr wont record it as the first race. Manually record it so you don't miss it!

The guide only shows the broadcast "To Be Announced" so your dvr wont record it as the first race. Manually record it so you don't miss it!

Thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...

I have Fox Sports 1 which evidently doesn't carry MotoGP in 2016. I don't have beIN Sports via my cable company. Anybody have a way to game this?

• Member Contributer

I have Fox Sports 1 which evidently doesn't carry MotoGP in 2016. I don't have beIN Sports via my cable company. Anybody have a way to game this?

You just need to add the whatever sports package provides beIN.

Flag to Flag coverage of WSBK and MotoGP live.

I can not say enough good about their coverage compared to Fox, Speed or whomever has had it in the past in the US.

• Member Contributer

My crappy cable company does not offer beIN Sports. I found a free stream on the net and am watching qualifying now. It is low def, however.

http://www:totalsportek.com/motogp-live-stream

Thanks for the link.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys. I have a Windows desktop in the living room for streaming, but also have an Amazon Fire TV box, so did some searching and found I was able to install Kodi on that which makes things a little easier for me. Sometimes the computer just seems cumbersome to use with the keyboard, mouse, etc.

So what add-on do you use? I found SALTS seems to have everything I am looking for so far. Have you had any issues using Kodi or the add-ons? I read someone suggested using a VPN. Do you guys? Any warning about certain apps to not use?

I am no computer expert. Just know enough to be dangerous.

• Member Contributer

Just a heads up for those that have playstation but no cable, playstation vue carries beIN in my area (SE Wi) and may carry it in your area. The "Core Slim" package costs $35/month for about 70 channels, for me it comes out drastically cheaper than a cable+internet package with comparable programming. I also like the cloud dvr system better than my previous dvr solution as well.

After further research, you don't even need an actual playstation. PS vue works on PS4, PS3, Amazon Fire TV, and iOS devices.

Archived