tyga@tyga-performance.com
5:41 AM (48 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to matt, me
cleardot.gif

Hi Michael

Many thanks for your details and interesting email regarding exhausts for the VFR800. This is something we would be interested in. My business partner will be away on business until later next week so allow us some time to look into further.

I will be in touch to see how we can move this forward.

Best regards

Paul"

f!@# yes, this is the company that we need! not some ebay wannabees!!!

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tyga's exhaustwork is art, and state of the art to boot. did you see the gains on their ninja250 setup?

it makes a 1000 dollar 08 salvage title 250, with a rapidbike race, the snorkel out, and a 300 dollar full exhaust from them look like a cheapo trackbike setup for the most part...

• Member Contributer

stonerleftrear.jpg

Do you have a link to the specs/write up on that bike?

That looks like a Tyga catalog special... RC30 VFR400 with their race exhaust & RC211V body work kit with custom paint job ...

I think that tail is going on my track bike :D

So if we went with Tyga, those of us with 6th gens, would we have to replace our existing exhaust? Any ideas on what that would look like?

Our goal to this point has been to get a manufacturer to make us headers that will meet our specs... one of those requests is a stock discharge location for the headers so existing slip-ons would work... hopefully, Tyga will accept our dimensions and specs and we will all be happy campers :beer:

@Voided... that would be a good point to reiterate in a follow-up conversation with Tyga so they are aware up front that we want these headers to function for as many members VFR800 owners as possible...

Our goal to this point has been to get a manufacturer to make us headers that will meet our specs... one of those requests is a stock discharge location for the headers so existing slip-ons would work... hopefully, Tyga will accept our dimensions and specs and we will all be happy campers :beer:

@Voided... that would be a good point to reiterate in a follow-up conversation with Tyga so they are aware up front that we want these headers to function for as many members VFR800 owners as possible...

If they still have exhaust cans for our bikes some of us might not be opposed to getting a new can as well, if the price was right of course.

If Tyga comes through and makes a full race, left exit system like that for our bikes, you will see my two brothers full system in the classifieds and my name on your list....

• Member Contributer

If they still have exhaust cans for our bikes some of us might not be opposed to getting a new can as well, if the price was right of course.

Of course having that option is great... what we don't want is people having to buy a full system if they are already happy with their existing slip-ons and they just want the headers. Using the stock header discharge location gives the best of both worlds and allows for use on the most bikes.

Do you have a link to the specs/write up on that bike?

Old For Sale Ad

TYGA's Project Details

The sale ad is a different bike. It has the RC211V street body work kit with lights... the Tyga project has race GRP body work.

Both are AWESOME!!!

Of course having that option is great... what we don't want is people having to buy a full system if they are already happy with their existing slip-ons and they just want the headers. Using the stock header discharge location gives the best of both worlds and allows for use on the most bikes.

No I agree with this. I am just thinking outside the box. Granted I would be more interested in hearing what the Tyga system sounds like.

If Tyga comes through and makes a full race, left exit system like that for our bikes, you will see my two brothers full system in the classifieds and my name on your list....

How would a left exit work on the 6th gens with it going under the tail, still under the tail just on the left side?

• Member Contributer

And yours will be the second ad posted for a TBros full system.... :wink:

• Member Contributer

I would rock a pair of those GP series "maggot" mufflers under the tail of my vfr, with the race header right exit. lol

I'm really diggin' Tyga's stuff... how long do we have to wait before Matt is back?

• Member Contributer

Tyga is very well known in the 400cc "Grey Bike" world. They do good work. I think it was set up by a couple of UK expats, so communication should not be an issue.

(And that bike is an RVF400R, btw.)

Ciao,

Archived