Potential Re-Release Of Two Brothers Racing Vfr800 Headers

Rush2112

I finally got around to bumping their email about the header deal.

lets hope they pick up the ball and run with it Monday. I promised pictures of the Two bro's, Erion, 98 headers, etc, so pretty please guys , some pics and links to your choice shots? I don't wanna have to do 2 hours of legwork if 5 different people can do 10 mins worth and achieve the result, lol.

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so Paul, told me to email bomb him specs and pictures... and I damn sure did.

I made sure to include Delkevic's findings, with their +3-4 hp garbage bin header, because, if that 4-1 was done right? it could be on par with the two bro's. we don't know. big dia. primaries, and a nice tapered discharge to midpipe, and 15* knifed elongated 4 way collector could be just as potent. and it'd be cheaper. and easier to fit, no doubt.

1 collector vs 3, after all.

• Member Contributer

so Paul, told me to email bomb him specs and pictures... and I damn sure did.

I made sure to include Delkevic's findings, with their +3-4 hp garbage bin header, because, if that 4-1 was done right? it could be on par with the two bro's. we don't know. big dia. primaries, and a nice tapered discharge to midpipe, and 15* knifed elongated 4 way collector could be just as potent. and it'd be cheaper. and easier to fit, no doubt.

1 collector vs 3, after all.

None of the HRC or previously made race headers for Honda V4s used 4 into 1 primary merge... even stock headers don't use it. If was equivalent or better Honda would have used it to reduce production costs. Please stick with the previously agreed to specs to avoid over complicating the discussion with Tyga.

• Member Contributer

I brought it up to them in case they wanted to test the two different layouts.

the specs I layed out are the two bro's style.

I understand... personally, I don't have time for anymore R&D. The info on what works is available now. I'm about to have a one off set fabricated if this goes on much longer...

• Member Contributer

I'm about to have a one off set fabricated if this goes on much longer...

If you can find someone to make the goddamn things?

I have a tubing bender, a notcher, and can easily find someone with a TIG welder. No need to reinvent the wheel here just make a quality header that's lighter, and better flowing than the stock unit. I don't have the time to make 'em for 20 people though, and I'd prefer to not have to make 'em myself.

• Member Contributer

I'll tag em again today, and see where they're at, as far as the header.

You know... MBrane. could be money in it if you did!

Not enough to break even let alone make a profit when I consider what my time is worth. This is the main problem we face here. There simply isn't enough demand to make it worthwhile hence 2 Bro's demand of 100 sets to produce.

• Member Contributer

It's not a demand issue, it's a catch 22 issue. Probably more VFR800 engines out there than most other bikes, with an exhaust header config covering 16 years. But as no one makes a performance header no one can buy one. The demand exists, based on Motad, Delkevic & Sandy Bike Spares, all making replacement headers. They have been making & selling these for 15 years. They are complex & time consuming to make, but if they can bring these in for £350/$550 then a performance version could be made for the same price & if you want to clean up the market that would be your target price.

My father lives near Bangkok currently. I could possibly see if he might be able to source a vfr. Highly doubtful though, only big bikes out there are harleys, and if it's not a harley, it's likely no more than 250cc.

well... upon some more research... lol... I have relaized TYGA motorsports is in BANGKOK, THAILAND.

*facepalm*

I wonder if they could find a VFR800 out there to work on.

• Member Contributer

That's... kinda what I thought

Maybe a team member is ready to ship his two bro's to thailand to be measured, copied, ect? lol

Better to send an early 5th gen... need the mounting and discharge locations and shape for clearances to make a jig. TBR won't have a stock discharge location as most have requested... I've got one or two if Tyga feels it would be helpful...

• Member Contributer

I'm going to say that Rod has bowed out of contention, I have sent several emails and left a voice mail and have not heard back from him. Not sure why but I hope everything is OK on his side.

• Member Contributer

I'm going to say that Rod has bowed out of contention, I have sent several emails and left a voice mail and have not heard back from him. Not sure why but I hope everything is OK on his side.

Well you tried and we all thank you for that .

Keep bumping em. ;)

I had a big day.

Paul from Delkevic says:

"Hi Michael,

Yes, its been discussed and I am scheduled to look at the feasibility on my next visit to the factory which is late November/early December of this year. Should know more then.

Thanks

Paul"

So a 36 - 41 - 48 is in the nearly prototype works from Delkevic I think?

I bumped Tyga as well:

"Hi Michael

I am sorry for the lack of response. However, we have had a busy week with many projects, new product launches etc and testing (my business partner is a test rider for Ohlins) etc. We will give you a full and comprehensive reply as soon as we have cleared these urgent tasks.

Best regards

Paul"

One seems a lil more likely than the other... but I am holding out for 'ol Tyga. I get the feeling their shit would be perfect. still it would be nice to have a (cheap) 36mm primary option from the Delkevic boys.

Keep those fingers crossed.

• Member Contributer

I'm assuming those numbers are ID... Why did you change the dimensions and go larger on the primary and secondaries and smaller on the collector? The smaller collector will have play in the fitment with peoples current slip-on mid-pipes and may require a thin gasket... the larger dimensions of the primary & secondary tubes do not mean increased performance for most of the applications of this exhaust.

We based the dimensions on RC45 & TBR dimensions and had agreed to:

18 gauge 304 stainless steel with 1.5" tubing primaries, 1.63" tubing secondaries, 2.0" header collector discharge results in:

~35.6 mm ID primaries

~39 mm ID secondaries

~49mm ID header collector discharge

... basically, the same dimensions as the RC45 & TBR except that the primaries would be 35.6mm instead of 35mm.

Going from 35mm to 36mm results in a 5.8% increase in cross sectional area; while increasing the secondaries from 39mm to 41mm results in a 10.5% increase... then the collector clamps down and gets smaller by -4%

Can you help us understand the reason for this?

• Member Contributer

I'm assuming those numbers are ID... Why did you change the dimensions and go larger on the primary and secondaries and smaller on the collector? The smaller collector will have play in the fitment with peoples current slip-on mid-pipes and may require a thin gasket... the larger dimensions of the primary & secondary tubes do not mean increased performance for most of the applications of this exhaust.

We based the dimensions on RC45 & TBR dimensions and had agreed to:

18 gauge 304 stainless steel with 1.5" tubing primaries, 1.63" tubing secondaries, 2.0" header collector discharge results in:

~35.6 mm ID primaries

~39 mm ID secondaries

~49mm ID header collector discharge

... basically, the same dimensions as the RC45 & TBR except that the primaries would be 35.6mm instead of 35mm.

Going from 35mm to 36mm results in a 5.8% increase in cross sectional area; while increasing the secondaries from 39mm to 41mm results in a 10.5% increase... then the collector clamps down and gets smaller by -4%

Can you help us understand the reason for this?

@Voided... please confirm the dimensions and configuration you have submitted to Delkevic & Tyga on behalf of the forum

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

check and fixed as of 6am this morning.

35.6 - 39-49.

;P

It might wind up being delkevic that takes the big bore initiative. we'll see. I think they will.

Bumping to see if there is any update from Tyga...

... or Delkevic

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease! We're asking nicely...

So yesterday at the aim expo I spoke with like four different exhaust companies. I spoke with Arrow and they wanted nothing to do with it. I spoke with Yoshimira and supposedly Yoshimira and Yoshimira Japan are two separate companies and if you go on yoshimira Japans parts catalogue they actually make an exhaust for the fifth gen. This is directly from the head of yoshimira US R and D, "Tim". Next I spoke with Delkivic and that didn't really get any where as Paul was mia, but maybe it helped I don't know.... Finally I spoke with Michael from Barkers Exhaust and he seemed really interested and actually came out to look at my bike. By the way, Barkers Exhaust looked to be of very, very high quality and is definitely worth Pursuing....

I just beat the crap out of the Yosh JP website, absolutely nothing listed.

My Google-Fu is strong, so I'm saying it isn't there.

Besides, SOMEONE in the worldwide VFR community would know about this by now, if it existed.

We've got VFR riding expats in japan and other parts of Asia, and some english speaking japanese vfr owners, how would something like that remain a secret?

I looked all over their website, not just the page pictured below.

xNHTnIX.jpg

Archived