Potential Re-Release Of Two Brothers Racing Vfr800 Headers

Rush2112

• Member Contributer

Any updates?

Yes... drum roll please...

The Ides of March are 2 months and 1 week away...

As posted earlier (post #626) due to project demands Tyga needs time to clear existing projects... I will be contacting them in March to continue the conversation on having these parts made for our bikes...

:warranty:

I'm glad you are interested and hopefully we will have good news in the Spring! This thread is for the headers and there is another thread relating to 6th gen rear sets.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/79616-tyga-racing-vfr800-rear-sets-anyone-interested/

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Just re-read the entire thread, put me down for a set of headers if they do get made.

Dude!!!

The entire thread?!?!?

That's dedication... You're on the list!!!

• Member Contributer

Depending on price put me down for a set of headers for a 5 gen

Did you read the thread?

... or at least the part about members putting conditions on their participation (post #227)?

• Member Contributer

Don't have money to just throw away if it's too much it'll have to wait. I have to do my stator first. I'm just showing some interest if you need a 100 potential buyers

We certainly appreciate and understand your interest... hopefully, the Tyga headers will be in the same range as the quoted TBR headers

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I did indeed just read the entire thread. As stated a few pages back, TYGA is a solid company run by a couple ex-pat Brits. I have bought parts (mainly two stroke exhaust goodies) from them for several years. Have always had a good experience, good communication and never an issue. Their welders do fantastic work. Put me down for a set of headers at least and a whole exhaust possibly depending on options and price. Kudo's to all who have fought the good fight here.

• Member Contributer

Done & done...

... and welcome flexiflyer!!! Post up in the new member and be sure to include pics of your bike :woohoo:

• Member Contributer

Someone please take this thread out back and shoot it with a shot gun.

Page 67 and still going, and someone has actually come in late and read the whole thing.

Don't they have a job or a family?

Talk about dreaming, is it realy going anywhere?

However, if it does for a good price, put me down for one.

• Member Contributer

Page 67 and still going, and someone has actually come in late and read the whole thing.

Funny very funny ..

• Member Contributer

If you had only read page 66 you would have answers to all your questions... :goofy:

• Member Contributer

One more month...

:wacko:

Honoring their request for time to finish other projects...

• Member Contributer

Hey Paul... question, how long and much does it cost to ship an exhaust system from Thailand to the U.S.?

• Member Contributer

Hey Paul... question, how long and much does it cost to ship an exhaust system from Thailand to the U.S.?

You mean a container loaded with VFR exhaust systems dont you ?

:491:

• Member Contributer

You mean a container loaded with VFR exhaust systems dont you ?

:491:

Yes... I guess that would be the most cost effective way.

I was looking at some of their body kits on the website and the shipping does get pricey

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

You don't realize how tempted I am to map out my bends and hand the pieces to a damn good TIG welder here on base.

This is intriguing. I wanna custom custom header.

after a while, it's all custom, isn't it?

If you go this route make sure you grind all the internal weld surfaces before welding on the next piece or you won't have smooth flow...

Also, going back a bit... you had mentioned wanting 38 mm - 39 mm exhaust header primaries inner diameter (ID). I found more info on this subject... Based on Summit Racing exhaust diameter peak target engine torque formula a 38mm ID primary on a 4 cylinder 781 cc engine would place peak target torque at 13,015 rpms. Hmmmm... starting to make sense why the HRC and Erion race header primaries were 38mm & 39mm respectively for the RC45 kitted race bikes pulling 14k rpms!

I recommend sticking close to the RC45 (TBR) 35mm primary ID, or more readily available 1.5" 18 gauge tubing at 35.6 mm ID, would place calculated peak target torque at 11,420 rpms and provide max horsepower. My document research indicates that longer primaries will help flatten the torque curve ramp approaching the peak torque but will drop off quicker once past peak torque; shorter exhaust primaries will result in a steeper torque curve ascending to the peak torque with a slower more gradual drop off once past peak torque...

As always... YMMV

• Member Contributer

Just in the process of fitting a TBR to my 5th Gen & comparing it to the Motad headers I have been running.

The exhaust ports in the head average 32.5mm the standard exhaust gaskets intrude reducing to an average 30.5mm, the weld in the header reduces this again to an average 29mm.

So full port @32.5mm = 829mm2 = 100%

Reduced port @ 30.5 = 730mm2 = 88%

Reduced header @ 29mm = 660mm2 = 80% !!!! Blimey a 20% reduction in flow area !

So the Motad headers average 35mm OD, with 1.5mm wall, so 32mm ID, which is close to the exhaust port, but flow is disrupted by the gasket intrusion & the weld in the headers, so two trip steps to disrupt flow & produce odd harmonics with the wave pulses.

TBR has a 38mm OD, 1.0mm wall, so 36mm ID, with the larger gaskets I have fitted (41mm OD), there will be no gasket intrusion & the step out acts like an anti inversion step which is supposed to be good.

So the TBR headers @ 36mm = 1017mm2 which is a 22% increase in area, or approx 40% increase compared to Motad header ! Also the 2-1 & 2-2-1 stages are bigger & a better shape. The outlet from the combined headers is 50mm, where the Motad is 44mm just before the oultlet, so a 35% increase. They both finish in a 50mm bore silencer.

Old dyno charts show a stock 5th gen making 95hp, when fitted with a K&N + TBR + PC2 or 3 jumps to 106-108hp or approx 11hp more which is 11.58% increase :) And that was with stock cams.

I'm up to 112hp with my modified cams & intakes with a Motad exhaust, so expect over 120hp when this baby is custom fuel mapped :cool:

Archived