Potential Re-Release Of Two Brothers Racing Vfr800 Headers

Rush2112

• Member Contributer

Thanks... I contacted them to see what the tubing ID dimensions were and if we can get them made to match the RC45 specs. Most likely they are stock early 5th gen dimensions since there is no fueling changes needed.... I will post the response.

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Sorry but that looks like a Motad system.

No performance pipes there.

So can we still jump in on this? I would def like a full system. Been out of the community since I wrecked my anniversary 4 years ago but about to get back in the saddle. New bike is bone stock.

• Member Contributer

Lol read the thread before you post bud

I'm 52, I don't think Ill be alive long enough.

• Member Contributer

I ha

Lol read the thread before you post bud

I'm 52, I don't think Ill be alive long enough.

We have been working on this one for awhile .

Roll On ..

• Member Contributer

I've been talking with an exhaust fabricator... actually hammering out real details. If we go with the 49 mm ID final collector discharge like the RC45 we will have a 2" 18 gauge 304 stainless steel tube as the final collector... naturally, this is bigger than what is stock so a new thin gasket would be needed to span the gap between the new 2" collector OD and the 2.125" ID of the stock pipe or aftermarket slip-ons which I assume mimic the stock muffler pipe dimensions. The only slip-on mid-pipe I have is a DanMoto, can someone confirm the ID of another VFR800 slip-on mid-pipe where it mounts to the header discharge?

An option would be to go with a larger final collector like the HRC or Erion system and not use a gasket... a 2.125 OD collector would give us a final ID in the collector of 51.49 mm which is larger than the Erion but smaller than the HRC (by 0.5mm... not much).

Any input or data would be much appreciated as soon as possible. Thanks...

I vote no gaskets and all spring loaded slip joints. That's what I'm running and its perfect.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

I vote no gaskets and all spring loaded slip joints. That's what I'm running and its perfect.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Already there my friend! Looking at how we will all hook-up to the headers... slip fitting at the final collector will be a significant change in cross sectional area unless we use thicker steel which doesn't make sense... I'm sure the larger ID will help the top end but not sure on the low to mid-range effect

• Member Contributer

Rush, you only need the actual connector section at slip on id then any slip on will work. As you want performance then making the whole secondary that diameter is the way to go, which is how the TBR is, in fact it's the same diameter as standard slip on !

I was unable to use my custom high mount pipe, as it was the same diameter id/od as the TBR discharge, so I used the TBR high mount pipe, which is expanded to fit over the discharge pipe, but standard 2" at the silencer end.

• Member Contributer

Rush, you only need the actual connector section at slip on id then any slip on will work. As you want performance then making the whole secondary that diameter is the way to go, which is how the TBR is, in fact it's the same diameter as standard slip on !

I was unable to use my custom high mount pipe, as it was the same diameter id/od as the TBR discharge, so I used the TBR high mount pipe, which is expanded to fit over the discharge pipe, but standard 2" at the silencer end.

That is what I am trying to verify, are all after market slip-ons for the VFR800 2.125" ID (2 1/8") at the connector to the header? If so, we can have the final collector fabricated from 2.125" OD tubing and have a slip joint connection.

​Is the TBR header 16 gauge thickness at the final collector? Otherwise, the ID would be larger than reported. The DanMoto mid-pipe I have is 2.25" OD/ 2.125" ID at the connection to the header and 2" OD/ 1.9" ID at the silencer,,, the pipe is slightly out of round so I'm estimating these are the original dimensions.

@ Switchblade - Picking the final collector size now will only change the raw material cost... a couple of bucks difference.

• Member Contributer

Staintune 5th Gen slip on mounts without gaskets or springs. The mid connection is slotted in 4 places and a clamp surrounds it. 49mm id.

• Member Contributer

Staintune 5th Gen slip on mounts without gaskets or springs. The mid connection is slotted in 4 places and a clamp surrounds it. 49mm id.

Thanks Kev. That was my concern... it appears some of the slip-on manufacturers deigned the mid-pipes to clamp directly onto the factory header (Staintune) and others designed it to fit around the factory header with gasket (or without a gasket onto a performance header).

One size is not going to fit all...

• Member Contributer

Method is fine the size is too small...

I also vote for no gasket slip joint fit, that is the direction we are going... we need to decide on the header discharge size.

• Member Contributer

I like the Staintune method .

Roll On ..

Shall I add your name to the list on Post #1?

• Member Contributer

OK, I measured a new Honda exhaust collector gasket at 2.15" to confirm this is the stock size and what many existing slip-ons will fit. A 2.125" ( 2 1/8) final collector tube should allow four slits and a clamp on the mid-pipe to slip fit onto the performance headers without a gasket.

I will give this as our collector discharge dimension unless someone has a solid objection... speak now or forever hold your peace.

For clarity, I'm talking with the fabricator about headers only at this point... mid-pipe and silencer may come later but for now it is up to the end user to supply that portion. That is why we are taking great pains to get a stock discharge location and a size that will work with most slip-ons. Also, FWIW this size collector would allow the stock muffler to be bolted on without a gasket.

• Member Contributer

Roll On ..

Yeah you can add me .

Header 6th gen ..

Roll On ..

• Member Contributer

Roll On ..

Yeah you can add me .

Header 6th gen ..

Roll On ..

Put me ahead of the Carvers , there 1/4 of the order . :goofy:

Roll On ..

• Member Contributer

You can add me to the buyer list for a 6th Gen, if this will happen in the next 6-9 months. :cool:

• Member Contributer

Rush - I was all in for a Tyra system, for the moment on this new one, I'm kinda TBD.

Archived