Potential Re-Release Of Two Brothers Racing Vfr800 Headers

Rush2112

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

That's not an original RC45 exhaust, who is it made by? RC45 has two pipes side by side as they make the bend around the swingarm so they aren't as wide. Even so, they scrap the ground on hard lefts... you'll scrap a hole in that single mid-pipe in no time with aggressive riding unless all you do is go fast in a straight line...

That's a Shark brand exhaust... NO idea where they hail from. It depends on if that pipe runs through the crease of the pro arm or not I'd suppose.

who wants a REAL piece of kit?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-RVF750R-RC45-1994-1995-1996-Rear-Shock-Absorber-Suspension-/121606055815?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c50492787

• Member Contributer

I still want a left exit... and an RC45 solo tail!

I'm planning to make one for the 5G. 18 more years of working and then I retire, take a few welding classes, by that Miller tig unit and get to fabbing, can you wait?

• Member Contributer

I still want a left exit... and an RC45 solo tail!

Nothing shows off that SSS and wheel better!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

PEX%20MOT%20D8HRCS_large.jpg

VFR800Fi 1998-2001
Down pipes and collector
Stainless steel
This system has mounting bosses for the Lambda sensors. If fitting to an earlier model which does not use Lambda sensors, these bosses will need to be blanked off with a suitable bolt and sealing washer (not supplied)
The main stand can be retained
Type
Motad Exhaust Systems
Part No
PEX MOT D8HRCS
Price
$465.00
Approx
AU$ 610.78 | CA$ 592.41
¥ 55741.88
Quantity
Stock
Temporarily out of stock *
* Please note stock will be available soon and you may still add this to your cart.
If you would like to know when this item will be in stock you can request an email alert or call 01728 833020.

Well at least one options.

I did that option already. Overpriced, a bitch to fit and made no more power that stock.

It did drop some weight and sound good though lol.

Those headers are made with zero regard to performance. The collector is lined with a steel mesh sound deadening material, primaries/secondaries are tiny and come together at way too obtuse of an angle and there is a huge bottle neck in the collector, right before the slip on.

• Member Contributer

I did that option already. Overpriced, a bitch to fit and made no more power that stock.

It did drop some weight and sound good though lol.

Those headers are made with zero regard to performance. The collector is lined with a steel mesh sound deadening material, primaries/secondaries are tiny and come together at way too obtuse of an angle and there is a huge bottle neck in the collector, right before the slip on.

Thanks CandyRed for the input .

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Ok... here's the latest update. Emailed Tyga since it has been a month... just as a refresher, this is after our discussion in December and their request to clear existing projects until March. The following below is the email thread, I drew a line in the sand and took a leap of faith because I know just how upstanding the good folks on VFRD are and those that committed to purchase VFR800 performance headers will stand by their word... if this works, we will finally have new performance headers... if not... well, the search continues...

"Hi Paul,

I hope you, Matt, and the rest of the Tyga team are doing well. I'm following up on behalf of the VFRD members regarding our discussions of potential Tyga VFR 800 performance parts. Do you have information or updates you care to share? Please let me know.
Thanks...
---------------
Friday, April 17, 2015 9:49 PM
Subject: RE: VFR800 Performance Parts
Hi
Sorry to say we are still busy working on other projects.
Paul
------------
Hi Paul,
Thank you for your prompt response. I understand and respect your business needs and decisions around commitment of resources and the competing priorities for those finite resources. Would Tyga be willing to manufacture 24 units of VFR800 performance headers (no muffler/silencer) based on our previously supplied dimensions for $14,400 USD ($600 USD/unit) plus freight?
Please let me know. Thank you for your consideration of this proposal.
Best regards,"
--------------
We will see what they say. I'm keeping my fingers crossed... if the answer yes, I'm sure we will have a little time to finalize and get our coins together and finally get our hands on some real new performance headers for our bikes... if it's no, well... we'll keep looking.
If your name is listed in the first post it is because you previously committed and will be first in line for the headers... please honor this commitment or let me know if you've had a change of heart.

• Member Contributer

Rush, If you have that guarenteed commitment, then you could send that to other manufacturers. Anyone that does RC45 already has the basic jig already for header port location.

• Member Contributer

I'm out guys, I've just pulled the trigger on a Delkevic system. Best of luck with it!

No worries, mate... IIRC you had some reservations about this project and I hadn't added your name to the list in post #1. I only added names to the list of those members who did not offer stipulations to their participation.

Thanks for the best wishes and good luck with the Delkevics!

• Member Contributer

Reply to proposal from Tyga:

"Hi

Thanks for the reply. The numbers below are certainly interesting to us. We have a plan to increase our pipe bending capacity in a couple of months and providing we have the time and can source bike to check fitment, we should be able to produce this product. I wouldn’t like to commit to a particular time frame but it is an attractive project. While we have the bike here for measuring, we can look at the rear sets too.

Best regards

Paul"

My response:

"Hi Paul,

That is encouraging to hear. You mentioned increased capacity in a few months; without committing to a particular time frame what is your vision of when this could possibly play out? Summer, Fall, Winter... Spring 2016?

Best regards"

Archived