Potential Re-Release Of Two Brothers Racing Vfr800 Headers

Rush2112

• Member Contributer

5th gen footposts are more readily available from what I've looked on ebay.... but if you're buying 3-4 of these 6th gens and converting, that's different. lol

Stock pegs, yes... adjustable rear sets for a 5th gen???

Practically un-obtainium...

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

They have been in contact and discussed bringing the bike by Tyga. Their schedule's dictate that it will happen sometime after 11/12 and they will confirm time/date after 11/12/14.

Snowy is out of town... he will contact Tyga after said date...

OK

So what about that header though!?

lol

I'm antsy, all the way into my pantsy about this.

... we're almost there...

...just a little longer....

... if your quiet you can have ice cream when we get there...

• Member Contributer

OK, so I was reading this thread about some sexy header ideas for about 30 pages and the suspense got to killing me. I jumped to the last page, the started clicking backwards and realized that the header group buy turned into a rear-set group buy?

Can someone give me the clif note version as to where we are with the header group buy? If I haven't missed the boat, I might be in. Discaimer incoming.

There's a guy named snowy that is taking his vfr directly to the tyga facility soon. Then we should have word from tyga on if they want to proceed with headers and or rear sets for our bikes.

Either way the crowd will go wild.

this is the only real shot we've had. besides delkevic teasing my dick about going back to the drawing board about their own header design.

In hindsight, yeah the fuck right... I hate it when CandyRed's salty pessimism is 100% on point.

• Member Contributer

OK, so I was reading this thread about some sexy header ideas for about 30 pages and the suspense got to killing me. I jumped to the last page, the started clicking backwards and realized that the header group buy turned into a rear-set group buy?

Can someone give me the clif note version as to where we are with the header group buy? If I haven't missed the boat, I might be in. Discaimer incoming.

The discussion got sidetracked... rear set topic has gotten it's own thread now...

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/79616-tyga-racing-vfr800-rear-sets-anyone-interested/

Either way the crowd will go wild.

this is the only real shot we've had. besides delkevic teasing my dick about going back to the drawing board about their own header design.

In hindsight, yeah the fuck right... I hate it when CandyRed's salty pessimism is 100% on point.

Lol, sorry, I wasn't trying to be pessimistic. I think tyga sounds very promising and most importantly, I think they are the right company for the job, as their quality blows everyone else out of the water. That a little better? :)

Sorry I'm not all worked up, as I already have headers and rear sets, but I'm rooting for you guys and trying to help where I can.

• Member Contributer

UPDATE: Snowy's back and looking to schedule with Paul the evaluation and measurements in the next week... more info to be posted when it becomes available

• Member Contributer

Cool.

Can't wait to hear if they are interested.

You and me both my friend... I'd love to hear your motor exhaling out a fierce exhaust!

:wheel:

could be more rattling around in there somewhere too. I'm paying especially close attn. to CandyRed's exploratory hotrod thread about his throttle bodies. by the fueling tables it seems like it might pay off, or he could've been lean the whole time, but I doubt that.

• Member Contributer

UPDATE: Snowy called & texted Tyga. Tyga will be reaching back out to Snowy when they are ready to bring the bike in.

From Tyga:

"Snowy has been in contact and will be visiting us in the next week or so. We will take it from there. Currently, most of our step kits are fixed and not adjustable so I am not sure how the VFR community feel about that. We can move the position to where the majority of users request them but normally it is back and up a little."

My Response:

"Hi Paul,

We are all very excited to hear your thoughts on the exhaust headers and step kits... I must admit I was surprised by your statement about most of your step kits being fixed and not adjustable; upon follow-up review of your website I see that is the case. I guess I only saw what I wanted to see. Would it be possible to offer an adjuster plate to offer some level of adjustability? I feel this level of customization and personalization is a desirable feature within our community.
In addition, I know some of the step kits that members want to purchase are for track bikes based on the VFR800 and the adjustability to get the correct ergonomics is an important feature. I know that may seem unlikely with what is normally a somewhat heavy sport-tourer, but we have been able to achieve significant weight reductions, USD fork conversions, rear suspension upgrades, brake improvements and engine developments. There is a lot of variety and modifications going on in the die hard VFR community.
Looking forward to your evaluation of the VFR possibilities and we eagerly await your response. Thank you!
Best regards,"

• Member Contributer

Followed by this additional thought this morning:

"PS: The need for performance exhaust headers for all the VFR800s (track & street from 1998 - 2014) that started our conversation are a integral and crucial part of the further development and improvement of power from these VFR800 engines. If Tyga only has time for one VFR project then the most critical area is the performance headers.

Thank you for your time... "

• Member Contributer

It would be good to get this thread back on track to what it was originally created for, a performance header development.

Currently there are a number of rear set options available for the 6th Gen, Sato to name just one, but we have NO performance header options.

Hence, it would be best to focus on the headers, with the rear sets as an adjunct and maybe in another thread so as not to "muddy the waters" on this one.

• Member Contributer

It would be good to get this thread back on track to what it was originally created for, a performance header development.

Currently there are a number of rear set options available for the 6th Gen, Sato to name just one, but we have NO performance header options.

Hence, it would be best to focus on the headers, with the rear sets as an adjunct and maybe in another thread so as not to "muddy the waters" on this one.

I agree, we need to keep this thread about the headers...

I started a separate rear set thread and directed conversations that way when possible... I posted the emails in full to keep everyone in the loop on all current conversations rather than parse out relevant info for each thread...

Tyga Rear set thread:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/79616-tyga-racing-vfr800-rear-sets-anyone-interested/

• Member Contributer

To be honest... it seems Tyga is also steering the discussion towards the rear sets.

I may be reading too much into it, but the email that stated, "If the 6th generation (rear sets) can be made and sell well... It will also be a good indicator of interest and likely sales of the exhaust system" has me feeling like the sales of the rear sets may be used to decide whether they invest the time & energy into the exhaust headers.

This concerns me...

Tyga had better realize that the header thread is 63 pages long, and the rearset thread is 4 pages long, for a reason.

Otherwise I'd be more than tempted to buy a Sato rearset just to tell them to go to hell.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Kind board, I'll be pulling my offer to buy as I just don't see this happening. My sincere thanks to all who have worked so hard to make it so. I don't want to waste people's time. Bon Chance!

Dave.

Archived