Potential Re-Release Of Two Brothers Racing Vfr800 Headers

Rush2112

• Member Contributer

Well Tim who is the head of regular yoshimira RD said he could possibly order it

Aw Man! I got a little excited when you said Yoshi Japan had 5th gen headers...

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Tyga just mailed me.

Said they were still looking for a R&D bike, RC46's are aparently quite rare being that it's a gigantic and expensive bike in a country full of small, not very rich people....

:fing02:

We have any members in Thailand?

Based on our member map...

Snowy is no longer active :( AWESOME!!!

VietHorse is the next closest... 2 countries away!!!

I PM'd them both ;)

• Member Contributer

Tyga just mailed me.

Said they were still looking for a R&D bike, RC46's are aparently quite rare being that it's a gigantic and expensive bike in a country full of small, not very rich people....

:fing02:

We have any members in Thailand?

Based on our member map...

Snowy is no longer active :( AWESOME!!!

VietHorse is the next closest... 2 countries away!!!

I PM'd them both ;)

Snowy responded and is a 30 min ride away from Tyga and is willing to help!!!

Tyga just mailed me.

@ Voided - PM me Tyga's contact info and I'll give it to Snowy to arrange times with them....

• Member Contributer

Good work boys.

Looking at the work Tyga do I'd have to say they look more impressive than the other options we have explored to date.

Phil

• Member Contributer

SENT! ;)

Thanks Voided. I passed the info to Snowy and I emailed Paul to give him a heads up on Snowy contacting him...

"Hi Paul,
My name is Russell Xxxxx and I started the thread on VFR Discussion to try to get a manufacturer to build a VFR800 performance exhaust header based on the RC45 dimensions. Currently, we have around 30,000 thread views in the three months since we launched this community effort... I've been researching it for over a year. We had our member Michael act as our single point of contact with you since he had "discovered" Tyga during his searches.
Michael expressed that you were having difficulties finding a VFR800 to investigate the feasibility of this project. I contacted a member who said he is about a 30 minute ride from your headquarters. He has a 6th gen 2003 VFR800 that he is willing to bring by your location. Please keep an eye out for an email or an ear out for a phone call from him relating to this project. I hope my additional communication doesn't interrupt the flow of information between our entities.
Thank you for considering taking on this project and the 20 VFRD members who are ready to purchase VFR800 performance headers will benefit and I truly believe that Tyga will continue to benefit when word spreads that Tyga is the the only current manufacturer of performance VFR800 exhaust headers in the world. With hundreds of thousands of potential bikes spanning 16 yrs (and counting) of VFR800s all using the exact same header configuration the sales potential is enormous!
Thank you for your time and consideration and please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance..."

• Member Contributer

Or look hard at every dude's with one's taillights should you not get one...

I see what you did there... Of course the ones with them will probably want mirrors like this...

post-0-0-70403000-1413927034.jpg

• Member Contributer

Or look hard at every dude's with one's taillights should you not get one...

I'm way passed being concerned who is the faster, I ride for me. If you are not on the MotoGP grid, somebody is always faster.

--- Heck even after all the mods, there are plenty of machines that will be quicker/faster...

But the Tyga parts look like engineering art, and I'm a sucker for that near every time.... :beer:

• Member Contributer

I have their carbon fiber front fender on my SP fork conversion and it's really sweet! Makes the rear Skidmarkz hugger look like... well... skid marks!

I have their carbon fiber front fender on my SP fork conversion and it's really sweet! Makes the rear Skidmarkz hugger look like... well... skid marks!

X2!!!

If this comes to pass, and it's not priced into outer space, I'd be tempted.

• Member Contributer

From Tyga:

"Hi Russell

Many thanks for your mail. Glad you were able to find someone local with a suitable bike. The VFRs were not very popular here for some reason. They didn’t really fit into the mindset of bikers here who tend to want something showy instead of practical. Anyway, we look forward to hearing from Snowy.

We are glad that you think there is a lot of potential for this project. At the moment, we are still extremely busy with other projects so I don’t have time frame for when we can do this. However, having a bike is going to make it much easier to look into the feasibility and understand any issues that we might encounter.

Best regards

Paul"

My Response:

"Hi Paul,

Do you have a phone number Snowy can use to contact you to coordinate and arrange the meeting at a time that fits all your schedules? Calling may be more efficient than multiple emails.
Also, I have a stock exhaust from a 2000 VFR800 that I could sent to you if it would be to helpful to make a jig for engine mounting locations and stock discharge location of the headers.
Please let me know. Thanks... Russ"

• Member Contributer

Outfrickinstanding.

in other news, I beat the pants off a ZX9R on a backroad the other day.... looks like the track days have paid off.. ^_^

It's been a few years, but my number one riding buddy has a ZX9R, and he would just defer to let me lead because in the twists, I would walk away from him on my viffer.

(The turkey wrecked his tranny and hasnt fixed the stupid thing yet.)

Yeah... I could tell by his tires he gets the thing over, he just wasn't rolling on as effeciently as me, not at all. I absolutely walked away from him. 20-30 car lengths inside 3-4 miles of mixed twisties.

Granted. I could smell my brakes when I was done, I'm also sure he could not. hahaha

• Member Contributer

I gave Snowy Paul's phone number and he said he would call in a week when the guys got back from Sepang. That would be tomorrow. I will follow-up...

• Member Contributer

They have been in contact and discussed bringing the bike by Tyga. Their schedule's dictate that it will happen sometime after 11/12 and they will confirm time/date after 11/12/14.

OK.

So I was again browsing the TYGA website.

and I realized to myself: they also produce rearsets. cheap, effective rearsets.

WHY haven't we asked them about doing an affordable, adjustable rearset for the RC46 as well?

for 150 bucks, like their RC30 setup, I'd damn sure have a set on my vfr.

http://tyga-performance.com/site/product_info.php?cPath=73_789&products_id=51

.... Is there a difference between the RC30 and the RC46's rearset setup?

• Member Contributer

OK.

So I was again browsing the TYGA website.

and I realized to myself: they also produce rearsets. cheap, effective rearsets.

WHY haven't we asked them about doing an affordable, adjustable rearset for the RC46 as well?

for 150 bucks, like their RC30 setup, I'd damn sure have a set on my vfr.

http://tyga-performance.com/site/product_info.php?cPath=73_789&products_id=51

.... Is there a difference between the RC30 and the RC46's rearset setup?

I looked at the same thing... I don't know what is the spacing on the rear set mounts for the RC30? I do know my 6th gen lower cushion rear set mounts are asymmetrical by C-C difference of 2.375 mm... the rearset mounting holes on the 6th gen cushion measured 64.325 mm C-C on left side and 61.95 mm C-C on right side. The only other Honda I have the measurements on are the CBR 929 and they are symmetrical with each at 59.4mm C-C.

I think Honda jerked us around a little with the 6th gen mounts... or they need the 2 mm for the exhaust coming by the right side... either way, I think most other mounts are symmetrical

Archived