Potential Re-Release Of Two Brothers Racing Vfr800 Headers

Rush2112

Either way, we'll have a test fit bike out there in a matter of weeks. I feel like we'd be doing the community and Tyga a disservice if we didn't pitch them the idea that they would own the only affordable RC46 race ready rearset on the market if they did the measurements and sent a few examples through the mill and onto ebay/the board/ect.

maybe pitch it to snowy?? :wheel:

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I'd be up for some rear sets for my 5 Gen...maybe 6 Gen too, depends on how funds look this year.

• Member Contributer

Either way, we'll have a test fit bike out there in a matter of weeks. I feel like we'd be doing the community and Tyga a disservice if we didn't pitch them the idea that they would own the only affordable RC46 race ready rearset on the market if they did the measurements and sent a few examples through the mill and onto ebay/the board/ect.

I put the idea to Paul at Tyga... will report back the response

• Member Contributer

You know if this stuff actually leads to available parts you guys are going to cost me a lot of money.....

One can only hope & dream...

Money is for spending on the things that make us happy...

• Member Contributer

You know if this stuff actually leads to available parts you guys are going to cost me a lot of money.....

One can only hope & dream...

Money is for spending on the things that make us happy...

Yeah... bonus payments for those that make this happen are in order.

OK.

So I was again browsing the TYGA website.

and I realized to myself: they also produce rearsets. cheap, effective rearsets.

WHY haven't we asked them about doing an affordable, adjustable rearset for the RC46 as well?

for 150 bucks, like their RC30 setup, I'd damn sure have a set on my vfr.

http://tyga-performance.com/site/product_info.php?cPath=73_789&products_id=51

.... Is there a difference between the RC30 and the RC46's rearset setup?

I looked at the same thing... I don't know what is the spacing on the rear set mounts for the RC30? I do know my 6th gen lower cushion rear set mounts are asymmetrical by C-C difference of 2.375 mm... the rearset mounting holes on the 6th gen cushion measured 64.325 mm C-C on left side and 61.95 mm C-C on right side. The only other Honda I have the measurements on are the CBR 929 and they are symmetrical with each at 59.4mm C-C.

I think Honda jerked us around a little with the 6th gen mounts... or they need the 2 mm for the exhaust coming by the right side... either way, I think most other mounts are symmetrical

That doesn't sound right... Pretty sure my 2002 mounts were symmetrical, I had some plates knocked up to mount CBR600F4i rearset to them...

But yeah, Tyga rearsets, good idea!

• Member Contributer

I put the idea to Paul at Tyga... will report back the response

Tyga's Response:

"Both Matt and I think the idea of rear sets is a good one. When Snowy brings his bike in, we will take a close look and offer up some existing hangers which will hopefully show us any potential issues. In general, making rear sets in the same family as the existing ones we make will be a simple and quick development. If the 6th generation can be made and sell well, we will certainly look for the 5th generation as the next type to make. It will also be a good indicator of interest and likely sales of the exhaust system. If in the meantime you can let me know on any other criteria such as position or adjustability, if our carbon heel guards to your guys tastes etc, it will all help make the project a success.

Best regards

Paul"

This is getting good. Man the VFR community has gotten so much better in the last five or six years. When I first got this bike, if you said you wanted more power or race parts, you were always met with an immediate "go buy a CBR". But now, everyone comes together and makes it happen.

Ya the 5th gen ones don't just bolt on like other bikes do.

Harris made some and they were incredibly overpriced. Very complicated to machine as compared to a Gixxer or R1 for example, where they just bolt onto the frame with two Allen head bolts.

• Member Contributer

Harris made some and they were incredibly overpriced. Very complicated to machine as compared to a Gixxer or R1 for example, where they just bolt onto the frame with two Allen head bolts.

Well, Paul & Matt are a couple of smart guys, they'll figure out what's involved...

It may be expensive to do, but keep in mind Matt has CNC machining and programming background...

tell snowy/them, if they can get adjusted, up high, or closer to stock, and utilize a shift rod, aka, easy quick-shift setup, they'll have piles of money from the rapidbike crowd.

I know I'll own a set, in that case. no question.

• Member Contributer

tell snowy/them, if they can get adjusted, up high, or closer to stock, and utilize a shift rod, aka, easy quick-shift setup, they'll have piles of money from the rapidbike crowd.

I know I'll own a set, in that case. no question.

I didn't post my email to them, but that was one of the opportunities I highlighted... the ability to go to a GP shift pattern and to utilize a quick shifter for the RapidBike Race or other unit.

I'll convey a list of adjustment/set-up inputs if people want to contribute... I'm not sure what you mean by "if they can get adjusted, up high, or closer to stock"???

Are you asking for the range of adjustability from stock location to a higher setting? How high or back do you want?

Follow this link for Tyga Rear Set thread:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/79616-tyga-racing-vfr800-rear-sets-anyone-interested/

• Member Contributer

Put me down for 5 Gen rear set...and a maybe for 6 Gen. Year end funds will dictate one or both.

6th Gen rear sets are in fact asymmetrical. Tyga won't be making any for the 5th Gen once they see one.

OK, well my plates fit, so I must have accounted for it, then forgot about it! :comp13:

• Member Contributer

Put me down for 5 Gen rear set...and a maybe for 6 Gen. Year end funds will dictate one or both.

As a guy who has owned more than a couple of 5G VFR's if you want rear sets just swap in the cush from the 6G and buy a set of whatever Tyga provides for the 6G rearsets.

You will be far ahead in terms of cost and I don't want those guys at Tyga to develop something that wastes their time. If they want I can mail them a set of stock 5G rear sets to see utterly ridiculous the design is and know that they want no part of it.

Keep your eyes peeled on fleabay for the correct 6G parts and bag one when it meets your price point.

As a guy who has owned more than a couple of 5G VFR's if you want rear sets just swap in the cush from the 6G and buy a set of whatever Tyga provides for the 6G rearsets.

Could you be more specific about what parts are needed to convert 5gen to 6gen? ie, what's a "cush" ?

• Member Contributer

Could you be more specific about what parts are needed to convert 5gen to 6gen? ie, what's a "cush" ?

Swap the lower cushion which is the lower mount that the swing arm mounts to the engine. It also is the partial frame work that the center stand and rear sets mount to...

• Member Contributer

Swap the lower cushion which is the lower mount that the swing arm mounts to the engine. It also is the partial frame work that the center stand and rear sets mount to...

I'm going to look into this then. If I can get the part(s) cheap enough, then I might go this route and get a set of 6 Gen rear sets, or two, again pending the year end funds.

Archived