Potential Re-Release Of Two Brothers Racing Vfr800 Headers

Rush2112

• Member Contributer

UPDATE: Spoke with Snowy and he had reached out to Tyga through phone & text. As it stands, Tyga will contact Snowy when they have time. In a nutshell, they are under significant time constraints trying to meet existing obligations without taking on new projects. Hopefully, when they get caught up and things slow down they will be able to contact Snowy and work out a time convenient for him to bring in the bike. It may be a couple of months before that will happen.

Here are the actual emails so you all know what I know...

"Hi Paul,

I'm following up to find out is there an ETA on bringing Snowy's bike in for the evaluation? He has told me he is willing to help and bring his bike by Tyga's facility and he has left the contact and timing up to you.
I understand and respect that you are very busy; I would like to ask if Tyga is not willing to begin production of the VFR800 performance headers would you consider doing a one time batch of 20 headers and what would the pricing be for such a project? I have the tubing specs and general design parameters if needed. Please let me know. Thanks you.
Best regards"
TYGA:
"Thank you for your mail. The situation is not really about being ‘willing’, it is about clearing enough time in the schedule to start new projects. We have an important track day to prepare for this weekend and the bike we are using is having issues with its engine and needed rebuilding 3 times.
We have left it with Snowy that will contact him when it convenient for us and hopefully for him. Our aim is to look at the feasibility of what can be achieved with a view to make the step kits first. However, frankly speaking, there is going to need to be a level of patience that perhaps you are not used to if this is going to happen. It is not that we are not interested or even that we require more information or emails in order to embark on the project. At this stage, we just require more time, a commodity which is in very short supply, with us already working 6.5 day weeks. One thing from our perspective, frankly speaking, is we can’t be pressured into doing this within any give time frame or it is going to end in frustration and disappointment all round. It would be better instead to forget the whole thing. I understand you are keen but we have many projects at any point in time and they all require and deserve our attention. Making sure we deliver on what we already promised to our existing customers, supplier, staff and other stakeholders is our number one priority before starting new projects. Any future projects are just that until we take hard cash, (which we won’t until the project is nearing completion). We think there is potential with the VFR800 and we appreciate your efforts to bring this to our attention along with the technical details you have provided us. Our view is the VFR800s are not going to disappear soon and there will be approx the same level of interest in these products in the coming months as there were in the last few.
As soon as we have a break in the work, we will contact Snowy and in a more relaxed state it will most probably produce a better result.
Sorry if this comes across a bit direct but I think it is advisable we all understand each other clearly.
Best regards
Paul"
My Response:
"Hi Paul,
I'm sorry for the delayed response, I'm traveling extensively for work as of late. Thank you for the honest and direct explanation. I apologize if my enthusiasm came across as pestering; if I had understood the extent of your time constraints I wouldn't have written. I understand and respect your position. I have been working on trying to have these headers made for myself, and later the VFRD group, for more than a year. When we saw the quality of Tyga's craftsmanship and received a positive response to our inquiries I was elated... at last, people who can help. One member described your NC30/35 full race headers as functional art... they are beautiful!
I can only imagine what it is like to work at something you love, you are blessed in this respect; for most of our VFR community our bikes are our pride and an source of immense joy, but we work in a great variety of capacities and can only indulge our passions part time. I genuinely hope that you and Matt don't forget the whole thing and when time allows you can revisit our requests. The VFR800s are great machines that would only be made better with Tyga Performance parts.
Would it be OK to drop you a note and check in a couple of months... March perhaps? Please let me know.
Thank you for your time and consideration of our performance part needs..."

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Rush - you are taking the right "tone" with Tyga. I think in the long term, patience will yield something fantastic. It gives us plenty of time to save up.

• Member Contributer

Rush - you are taking the right "tone" with Tyga. I think in the long term, patience will yield something fantastic. It gives us plenty of time to save up.

+1 the stock header on my 98 has a bit of gravel patina, but is in fine shape otherwise. I'm in no hurry to replace it especially with something mediocre.

• Member Contributer

Just a little background info... I'm not sure if most are aware of the social unrest in Thailand. There has been protests since 2013 over the President/Leader (whatever he's called) which led to his ousting mid 2014 and a coup d'état... since then the Military has seized control of the government. Marshal law has been imposed...

Snowy is a LEO over there and hopefully he stays safe and out of harms way.

• Member Contributer

I need to keep patient. If this does come through, I'm still in. Forecasting a long siege = appreciate all everyone has been and is doing. As was said well above, gives more time to save = I'll keep the faith.

Dave.

• Member Contributer

UPDATE:

Tyga's response to the email:

Mon, Dec 8, 2014 3:30 AM CST

"Hi...

Many thanks for the mail below and understanding the situation. We definitely will not forget the projects, it is just a case of clearing the old ones. I would hope we can start before March.

Best regards

Paul

12/3/2014

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry for the delayed response, I'm traveling extensively for work as of late. Thank you for the honest and direct explanation. I apologize if my enthusiasm came across as pestering; if I had understood the extent of your time constraints I wouldn't have written. I understand and respect your position. I have been working on trying to have these headers made for myself, and later the VFRD group, for more than a year. When we saw the quality of Tyga's craftsmanship and received a positive response to our inquiries I was elated... at last, people who can help. One member described your NC30/35 full race headers as functional art... they are beautiful!

I can only imagine what it is like to work at something you love, you are blessed in this respect; for most of our VFR community our bikes are our pride and an source of immense joy, but we work in a great variety of capacities and can only indulge our passions part time. I genuinely hope that you and Matt don't forget the whole thing and when time allows you can revisit our requests. The VFR800s are great machines that would only be made better with Tyga Performance parts.

Would it be OK to drop you a note and check in a couple of months... March perhaps? Please let me know.

Thank you for your time and consideration of our performance part needs..."

• Member Contributer

The best time for me . Late spring or early summer .

:cheerleader:

Glad it works for you, Man!

I'm happy and encouraged by Paul's commitment, "We definitely will not forget the projects..." and "... I would hope we can start before March"

:cheerleader: :cheerleader:

• Member Contributer

Is that Titanium? Wow!!! That is nice... if they make one for the VFR800 I'll have to leave the header wrap off...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Neither the Polar nor the Koala Bear are bare... unless you manage to shave one like a few Beavers I know!!

I observed a rare Southern American hairless cougar once...

On the prowl... in her natural habitat...

A few miles outside of Barber...

I have a witness...

You know who you are...

Archived