Potential Re-Release Of Two Brothers Racing Vfr800 Headers

Rush2112

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

They changed it on the 6th gen I believe, in so much as front pipes cross & rear pipes cross. All the 5th Gen's have a long pipe from #1, as that crosses over the #3 pipe & then runs outside it around the swingarm & into the merge under the engine.

If you imagine this Cc, the big C is the #1 pipe from rear left of engine goes over the little c & around the back of it.

The 6th gen goes under #3 pipe, which is made a bit longer to go over #1 so equals the length of all 4 headers much more consistently.

The big C is #3 pipe on the 6th gen & the little c is a bit longer & nearly the same as the #1 pipe. I believe that plus the 2 shorter stacks & longer tail pipe on the 6th gen is why it makes a few more ponies that the 5th in standard trim.

Right but I'm talking about my current two brothers header not a sixth gen header. All my primaries are within a couple inches of each other. My old motad on the other hand, those primary lengths were way off, at least 8 inches.

• Member Contributer

I think you must have measured them wrong then. I'm talking the num1 pipe from cylinder head right down to the 2-1 merge, just measured it again & its definitely that much longer.

• Member Contributer

Hey guys, I still have not heard back from Rod and I have sent an email or two since the last time I chimed in on this thread. I'll try again tomorrow...

• Member Contributer

aquzymam.jpg

Well I guess the sixth gen is the same pairing as the race header... Interesting.

So that image shows how Honda balanced the header lengths on the 6th gen. If you look at a 5th gen header OE or TBR the #1 pipe is much longer.

Ideally if you get an exhaust created, then you want to follow the 6th gen example above for best power, as all the headers are equal length.

• Member Contributer

Our requests included equal length primaries... we didn't dictate how to achieve.

• Member Contributer

I mean if you want an hrc exhaust...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281063837291

Ok, Somebody owing them and ask how much if we buy 20....
It's a lot easier to match the primary lengths when you merge the cylinder banks... too bad we don't have the cranks for it.

Anybody ever dyno a 5th gen with this merge setup and see how it performs?

Ti is tastey but expensive. .. I wonder if they'd do stainless?

• Member Contributer

It's a lot easier to match the primary lengths when you merge the cylinder banks... too bad we don't have the cranks for it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FULL-EXHAUST-TERMIGNONI-HONDA-RVF-750-R-RC45-1994-1995-RACING-4-2-2/161009888376?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D24935%26meid%3D44eaa16b4a0b4e36a6744ebab711744c%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D10514%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D281063837291&rt=nc

• Member Contributer

I told you guys earlier in the thread at the Termi's. Anyhoo, that fine gent Larry tried a HRC system on his RC45 & its killed the power at any reasonable revs & was too much without the full race kit.

The 2014 Vfr runs this merge.

• Member Contributer

So are you saying that the 2014 Gen8 VFR run both front pipes together and both back pipes together? Or am i missing something?

• Member Contributer

So are you saying that the 2014 Gen8 VFR run both front pipes together and both back pipes together? Or am i missing something?

In the Delkevic slip-on ad photos it looks like the two rear primaries merge before curving under the belly of the bike...

Can a 2014 owner confirm the exhaust layout on the new 800?

• Member Contributer

Yep, that is what it looks like to me as well.

This shows up the same on the Acropovic site as well.

• Member Contributer

They also have short primary headers, which negates much of the problems with exhaust tuning pulse, as the different sections produce very different pulses & the short primary has very rapid pulses. Which is fine for a non peak power engine, you still want 4-1 if poss for max power, 4-2-1 for a good spread of best power. The 800 SSA leaves no room to run the pipes under the head below the engine like the old 750 DSS used to do which allowed equal length headers. the 6th gen crossover pattern is the closest you can get to equal length :(

Archived