Potential Re-Release Of Two Brothers Racing Vfr800 Headers

Rush2112

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Alright... it's all good. No merge or O2 sensor pairing issues! Proceed as planned...

Learn something new everyday...

• Member Contributer

I spoke with Rod at the end of last week and he and the welder are going to go through the list of specifications and will be determining what it is going to take to build them. He mentioned that he may have some changes and/or refinements to offer and will be getting back to us ASAP.

• Member Contributer

Sounds cool, and kudos to you guys for working so hard on keeping this thing on track. You guys definitely deserve a beer, or several of them. But no Bud Lite.

• Member Contributer

Sounds cool, and kudos to you guys for working so hard on keeping this thing on track. You guys definitely deserve a beer, or several of them. But no Bud Lite.

I could use a couple of colds ones right now, pretty warm out right now. BTW, Bud Lite and beer are actually mutually exclusive.so yeah, no Bud Lite!

• Member Contributer

I could use a couple of colds ones right now, pretty warm out right now. BTW, Bud Lite and beer are actually mutually exclusive.so yeah, no Bud Lite!

Next time your at the Dragon I'll buy ..

• Member Contributer

Hard for me to believe a guy can hand build a set for less then $1000 even if it's a order of 20 or more .

The only reason I injected the Chinese connection was for that reason .

• Member Contributer

I spoke with Rod at the end of last week and he and the welder are going to go through the list of specifications and will be determining what it is going to take to build them. He mentioned that he may have some changes and/or refinements to offer and will be getting back to us ASAP.

Any updates from Rod?

I emailed Cycle World with the following request:

Hi Cycle Word Peeps!

My fellow VFR800 enthusiasts and I are trying to find a place to get performance exhaust headers made for our beloved VFR800s. The earlier VFR800s engines are direct descendants of the cutting edge RC45 homologated race machine of the 90's and the 800's are capable of so much more performance. We contacted DimSport in Italy and they agreed to make plug & play wiring harnesses and develop ignition/fueling maps for our bikes to run the RapidBike EVO & Race modules and only required a minimum of 10 orders to start the work... we are up to 20 purchases and still counting!

We have tried to interest American companies to do the same for exhaust system headers... catless race use only;). I contacted Two Bros Racing and Erion to assist us in producing headers or full exhausts for these VFRs with limited success. Erion contracted out their exhaust work for these bikes back in the day and TBR requires us to have 100 orders paid up front to resume manufacturing parts for an older model. We have been relegated to the used market trying to purchase old TBR & Erion race headers for the 5th gen VFRs ('98 - '01). Granted, Motad & Delkavic produce stainless steel headers but they have the stock tubing diameters and don't offer the opportunity for performance increases like the Erion & TBR units.

Here's our key point... headers for any VFR800 will fit ALL the VFR800s! If someone will make these headers there are hundreds of thousands of bikes spanning 16 years of VFR800s that it will fit!!! People are interested; we have 20 people signed up and committed to buy and over 15,000 views on our group buy thread.

I emailed the following information to TBR & Erion:

"yadda yadda yadda... if you guys have been reading this thread then you know what this part said, no need to repeat... "

It amazes us that no one will make performance headers for our bikes. I don't know if my emails are getting to the right person...Do you guys know anyone over there? Do you know of any shops that do high quality work you could recommend for us to contact to have headers made for VFR800s? We contacted HiPerform who has done nice work on the VFR400s and Hawk GTs but he is very busy and communication has been limited.

Thank you for your consideration and time...

• Member Contributer

Any updates from Rod?

I emailed Cycle World with the following request:

Hi Cycle Word Peeps!

My fellow VFR800 enthusiasts and I are trying to find a place to get performance exhaust headers made for our beloved VFR800s. The earlier VFR800s engines are direct descendants of the cutting edge RC45 homologated race machine of the 90's and the 800's are capable of so much more performance. We contacted DimSport in Italy and they agreed to make plug & play wiring harnesses and develop ignition/fueling maps for our bikes to run the RapidBike EVO & Race modules and only required a minimum of 10 orders to start the work... we are up to 20 purchases and still counting!

We have tried to interest American companies to do the same for exhaust system headers... catless race use only;). I contacted Two Bros Racing and Erion to assist us in producing headers or full exhausts for these VFRs with limited success. Erion contracted out their exhaust work for these bikes back in the day and TBR requires us to have 100 orders paid up front to resume manufacturing parts for an older model. We have been relegated to the used market trying to purchase old TBR & Erion race headers for the 5th gen VFRs ('98 - '01). Granted, Motad & Delkavic produce stainless steel headers but they have the stock tubing diameters and don't offer the opportunity for performance increases like the Erion & TBR units.

Here's our key point... headers for any VFR800 will fit ALL the VFR800s! If someone will make these headers there are hundreds of thousands of bikes spanning 16 years of VFR800s that it will fit!!! People are interested; we have 20 people signed up and committed to buy and over 15,000 views on our group buy thread.

I emailed the following information to TBR & Erion:

"yadda yadda yadda... if you guys have been reading this thread then you know what this part said, no need to repeat... "

It amazes us that no one will make performance headers for our bikes. I don't know if my emails are getting to the right person...Do you guys know anyone over there? Do you know of any shops that do high quality work you could recommend for us to contact to have headers made for VFR800s? We contacted HiPerform who has done nice work on the VFR400s and Hawk GTs but he is very busy and communication has been limited.

Thank you for your consideration and time...

No updates as of yet, let me ping him and see where he's at. Hopefully reading our post didn't frighten hi off :laugh:

• Member Contributer

Stosh is in Wisconsin I believe. Not too sure who is in CO, but I'm sure there are a few members there, but would they be willing/able to leave their bike with the builder?

• Member Contributer

Stosh is in Wisconsin I believe. Not too sure who is in CO, but I'm sure there are a few members there, but would they be willing/able to leave their bike with the builder?

I take it Rod hasn't responded?!?

• Member Contributer

I take it Rod hasn't responded?!?

Unless his response is in my spam folder, no he hasn't. When I spoke to him last time, it sounded like he was really busy.

• Member Contributer

Well... on the positive side it is a good thing that his work is in demand... kinda like good restaurants always have a line :)

Archived