Potential Re-Release Of Two Brothers Racing Vfr800 Headers

Rush2112

• Member Contributer

Rush - I was all in for a Tyra system, for the moment on this new one, I'm kinda TBD.

Tyra%20System_zpstquf3ztr.jpg

This Tyra system?

I get it !! TyGa !

Roll On Top ^^^ ...

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Rush - I was all in for a Tyra system, for the moment on this new one, I'm kinda TBD.

This Tyra system?

Oh yeah - That will work...lol

• Member Contributer

The BOS high/mid pipe is fabricated to clamp directly over the collector exit with the factory gasket stripped off. "metal to metal" as it were. Are the cliff notes that you intend to have the pipe diameter mimic the factory dimension including the gasket?

• Member Contributer

Were still emailing Tyga nothing has change as far as what you have order ^^^ ..

If they can fabricate a Tyra system they will have a whole new business model... unfortunately, the monthly check-ins on the headers still has them tied up with other projects. Will check back with them in about 2 weeks.

On another note... why don't we have an emoticon for "I feel like my head is going to explode"?

Latest exhaust "fabricator" I've been talking with has a website and even sells his own branded exhausts...now tells me he actually works with other exhaust manufacturers and sells their stuff... he used to fabricate sport mufflers... insert emoticon here! He may be a way in with Motad to consider the project but right now this angle is dead in the water.

... I'm about to buy a welder and tubing bender and teach myself how to make headers... :comp13:

The BOS high/mid pipe is fabricated to clamp directly over the collector exit with the factory gasket stripped off. "metal to metal" as it were. Are the cliff notes that you intend to have the pipe diameter mimic the factory dimension including the gasket?

Yes, for performance we need a larger collector diameter than stock; using the factory dimension of the OD of the collector gasket will allow some after market slip-ons to work without a gasket to clamp directly onto the new header discharge. Basically, the stock muffler could clamp right onto the new header with no gasket.

• Member Contributer

Were still emailing Tyga nothing has change as far as what you have order ^^^ ..

If they can fabricate a Tyra system they will have a whole new business model... unfortunately, the monthly check-ins on the headers still has them tied up with other projects. Will check back with them in about 2 weeks.

On another note... why don't we have an emoticon for "I feel like my head is going to explode"?

Latest exhaust "fabricator" I've been talking with has a website and even sells his own branded exhausts...now tells me he actually works with other exhaust manufacturers and sells their stuff... he used to fabricate sport mufflers... insert emoticon here! He may be a way in with Motad to consider the project but right now this angle is dead in the water.

... I'm about to buy a welder and tubing bender and teach myself how to make headers... :comp13:

Yes, for performance we need a larger collector diameter than stock; using the factory dimension of the OD of the collector gasket will allow some after market slip-ons to work without a gasket to clamp directly onto the new header discharge. Basically, the stock muffler could clamp right onto the new header with no gasket.

Hope I did not confuse you . Tyra Banks is a model and Tyga is a exhaust manufacture .

^^^

This Tyra system?

Kevin was referring to Tyra Banks

Roll On ..

• Member Contributer

Hi guys, been following this thread for ages and saw Motads name as a possible source. I went to the factory late last year and met the boss Ian before purchasing a full system. He seemed a nice guy so thought i would fire off an email on your behalf. Told him to contact Rush as a point of communication.

Heres the email i sent.

Hi Ian

I came up to the factory late last year and purchased a full system from you and am pleased with it.
The guys on here are crying out for a large diameter set of performance headers for 5th and 6th Gen VFRs but various manufacturers do not seem to be interested. Motads name came up as a "possible" avenue of production. Seems like there are a lot of potential customers out there including myself. Anyway you can help? Best guy to PM is Rush2112.
Many thanks Adrian

• Member Contributer

Hi guys, been following this thread for ages and saw Motads name as a possible source. I went to the factory late last year and met the boss Ian before purchasing a full system. He seemed a nice guy so thought i would fire off an email on your behalf. Told him to contact Rush as a point of communication.

Heres the email i sent.

Hi Ian

I came up to the factory late last year and purchased a full system from you and am pleased with it.
The guys on here are crying out for a large diameter set of performance headers for 5th and 6th Gen VFRs but various manufacturers do not seem to be interested. Motads name came up as a "possible" avenue of production. Seems like there are a lot of potential customers out there including myself. Anyway you can help? Best guy to PM is Rush2112.
Many thanks Adrian

We are a relentless bunch VFR riders we are . Thanks Adrian.

Roll On ..

• Member Contributer

Well you know what they say, dont ask dont get. :wink:

Ps gonna fire off another to him. Offer him my bike as a reference build! Or would they be able to use existing jigs somehow?

• Member Contributer

Ps gonna fire off another to him. Offer him my bike as a reference build! Or would they be able to use existing jigs somehow?

You the man !

You dont have Tyra Banks phone number do ya.?

Roll On ..

• Member Contributer

This just dropped in my inbox. Standard for Ian, he works away from the factory 3 or 4 days a week.

I am out of the office until monday 13th - and will respond on my return
For urgent matters please contact Dan on sales@motad.co.uk

You the man !

Roll On ..

Any good? :laughing6-hehe::laughing6-hehe:

http://famous-relationships.topsynergy.com/Tyra_Banks/Contact.asp

• Member Contributer

This just dropped in my inbox. Standard for Ian, he works away from the factory 3 or 4 days a week.

I am out of the office until monday 13th - and will respond on my return
For urgent matters please contact Dan on sales@motad.co.uk

You the man !

Roll On ..

Any good? :laughing6-hehe::laughing6-hehe:

http://famous-relationships.topsynergy.com/Tyra_Banks/Contact.asp

Dont ask dont get :goofy: .

Roll On ..

• Member Contributer

@Switch... I saw Mello Dudes typo and I get Kev's reference... I apologize if my response came across too tongue in cheek, it was intended as a joke.

If Tyga could fabricate Tyra's they would be very rich men... at the very least, we would never get them out of the shop!

• Member Contributer

@Switch... I saw Mello Dudes typo and I get Kev's reference... I apologize if my response came across too tongue in cheek, it was intended as a joke.

If Tyga could fabricate Tyra's they would be very rich men... at the very least, we would never get them out of the shop!

You were fine just did not want to confuse you , It is a important project .

Roll On ..

• Member Contributer

Heres the email i sent.

Many thanks Adrian

Thanks Adrian!

It always helps if they know a face behind the email. I think I contacted Motad a long time ago through their website but got no response. Hopefully, you'll be more successful!

• Member Contributer

Damn man, I applaud your efforts for sure! Maybe you should tell people you need headers built for Cross Plane Gixxer Blades instead?

On a more serious note, how about car hot rod shops? Anything local to you? Welded bent tubes are welded bent tubes. If theres a shop accustomed to fab'ing up one offs, there's got to be some margin in making multiple sets...

• Member Contributer

Well surely some manufacturer will take up the challenge. 817 posts on this thread and 21 followers, whats the potential buyer uptake on a set i wonder? Wonder how many standard VFR headers Motad sell? People go from iPhone 5 to 6 (not that i got one, Apple sucks) with no qualms because its a better product and there is a potential market for performance headers. Just needs a manufacturer to go for it.

• Member Contributer

Damn man, I applaud your efforts for sure! Maybe you should tell people you need headers built for Cross Plane Gixxer Blades instead?

On a more serious note, how about car hot rod shops? Anything local to you? Welded bent tubes are welded bent tubes. If theres a shop accustomed to fab'ing up one offs, there's got to be some margin in making multiple sets...

Found an emoticon to express my current feelings... post-19432-0-16680700-1436215322.jpg

There is a Hot rod restoration & Custom Car shop that advertises exhaust welding a few towns up the highway... They will be my next stop when I get back from the family vacation. I'll carry in a set of '98 headers and ask if they can replicate in stainless with our tubing specs...

• Member Contributer

You really have to have some kind of setup jig to weld multiple set of headers to a uniform pattern . Don't know if your local hot rod builders can handle that.

Hope so but doubt it.

Roll On ..

• Member Contributer

That is what I had to do when I modified the Shark system I have.

Used my spare Gen 6 motor and made up a jig to position the rear exit etc.

You also need to be aware that there are differences between the Gen 5 and 6 on the rear head etc.

The ports are in slightly different positions and the cam chain tensioner comes in to play with clearance if the pipes are built on a Gen 5, then fitted up to a Gen 6

I found that the mounting studs on the Gen 5 are in different places to the Gen 6 and this caused me a bit of extra work.

I built it all on the Gen 6, using spring slip joints and then had to reposition the spring mounts as the bolt up flanges ended up in different positions when bolted up to the Gen 5 heads.

Not insurmountable, but you need to be aware of it.

Phil

• Member Contributer

Phil, do you think your fitment issues were due to the larger diameter pipes? I've never installed on a 6th gen but folks have reported swapping out their headers with early fifth gen catless headers without any issues...

I'm looking at spring tensioned slip-joints so the pipe bending and configuration is the most important

I understand what Phil is saying.

On a factory system (which does fit both), the compression flange on the header is free floating and can simply be clocked where needed.

Phil's design suggestion means that the pipes will become gen-specific as the exhaust studs are clocked differently on the gen 5 and 6. If you make them one way for both, the spring hooks will be off.

Perhaps this could be accommodated with additional spring hooks/loops, depending on how far off they are, relative to each other.

• Member Contributer

Ok... I gotcha. The exhaust studs are in different locations. Perhaps if the top hook location is a hole drilled in the flange itself like the Tyga RVF400 headers there can be two sets of holes to accommodate the different gens...

Archived