Anyone Know When/where This Movie Will Be Released?

SEBSPEED

• Member Contributer

Oooooo... I want it!!!!

Awwww... This title will be released on September 29, 2014

Just pre-ordered on Blu-Ray... $22.98 w/ shipping at current exchange rates

• Member Contributer

Search on .co.uk instead of .com?

Yup... put in amazon.uk and searched for ROAD movie; no issues when I logged in with my regular Amazon account and ship to my US address :biggrin:

Although, regular shipping will take 7 - 10 days once released

• Member Contributer

Will the UK issued DVD work in US machines?

Oh cr@p... do Blu-Ray have that regional encoding stuff?

• Member Contributer

Yes. When I ordered TT3D: Closer to the Edge, it would not work in the US players. The DVD and Blu-ray played on my WinXP machine. So you will be able to watch it on your computer, but that's an 'at best' result.

I think someone who I loaned the discs to said they their mac would not play it at all. But that was a few years ago, so maybe things changed.

Except it looks like all macs no longer come with disc drives?? Guess they want you to wait for the low-res version and $$$$ for the apple store rental?

• Member Contributer

Yes they do. A lot of computer based players have the ability to change their region but not back and forth. I used to have a program that converted DVD's to MPEG but that computer gave up the ghost and I do not have the program or link anymore. Although a google search would turn up something I'm sure.

• Member Contributer

Somebody is missing the boat on not making a Region 1 (the US) version of these movies. I've never heard a reason a US version of Closer to the Edge wasn't released in the States. I would think somebody is missing out on some $$$.

• Member Contributer

Somebody is missing the boat on not making a Region 1 (the US) version of these movies. I've never heard a reason a US version of Closer to the Edge wasn't released in the States. I would think somebody is missing out on some $$$.

Closer to the Edge was also "released" on youtube about 8 months after it released on disc in the UK. For all I know it's still up there.

• Member Contributer

Well it depends on what region code the disc comes out with. If it comes out with zero, then the disc is playable all over the world. But if it comes out with a number then the disc only playable in selected players.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code

• Member Contributer

Well it depends on what region code the disc comes out with. If it comes out with zero, then the disc is playable all over the world. But if it comes out with a number then the disc only playable in selected players.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code

its coded B2... not for US :(

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

The solution is simple then,

come to my house after the September release....

• Member Contributer

Rip it.... Rip it good.

I thought it was push it............

:goofy:

"Closer to the Edge" WAS released on DVD here in the States. I have it myself. And the reason why you may not see this one is the same: No money in it for the US market. Just like all that tons of cash live racing makes over here, right?

• Member Contributer

And then there might be lawsuits.....

"Your video enticed my son to try these antics on US roads...... and there was no warning banner running contineously at the bottom of this feature movie"..............

If need be I will rip it...........

• Member Contributer

And then there might be lawsuits.....

"Your video enticed my son to try these antics on US roads...... and there was no warning banner running contineously at the bottom of this feature movie"..............

If need be I will rip it...........

This is both funny and sad, because there's truth in that statement! Somehow parents have lost the ability to mind their own children and need "big brother" to give reminders of what should and shouldn't be done based on "common sense", which ironically, is no longer common!

• Member Contributer

Actually, as quaint as DVD's, 45's and typewriters are, someone is missing the boat by not selling it online through iTunes, Amazon Prime, Vudu, Flixster, etc, or through Ultraviolet.

It's quite simple - even in Lincolnshire they can't understand half of what Guy Martin says, so there's no chance for the US market...

Archived