New Vfr800 Vtec Will Be Introduced At Eicma.

V4 Rosso

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems to be a step in the right direction.

Lighter but not light enough. It sounds like they have removed only dead weight, not any rotational weight.

More power but not enough. Same engine with refined Vtech. If it gets rid of the jerky transition then its an improvement but still needs more power. 100 000 km on my 6th Gen so we know the engine lasts.

Updated suspension but not updated enough. The VFR is ridden by all kinds of people all kinds of ways. The suspension needs to adjust for all or at least try. I don't see these forks being any better then the 6th gen. Inverted forks with more adjustment would be great.

New styling but a little on the boring side.

I am happy they are bringing it back. I am also happy with some of the changes, just not quit the bike it should be.

Conclusion = 6.5 Gen.

• Member Contributer

Cycle World did a piece on sport-tourers in the February issue and the new 800 is mentioned, but there's nothing we don't already know:

CW_2014VFR.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

We all knew it was coming to the good ole US of A .

"The Deluxe model adds ABS, Traction Control, grip heaters, self-canceling turn signals, and a centerstand for riders wanting even more features. Colors: Red, Pearl White; Price: $12,499 – $13,499; Availability: May "

More then a 7 gen not gonna happen !!

Mite be able to get a 7th gen. cheap ..

• Member Contributer

Disappointed in the pricing and model breakdown. It's like car sales now. "Oh, you want leather seats? Well you need to buy the premium audio package, the voice control package, the premium floor mat package, and the bumper dumper package to get leather seats."

The extra $1k isn't bad for the ABS and traction control package, but the suspension and center stand should be standard for both models.

• Member Contributer

Disappointed in the pricing and model breakdown. It's like car sales now. "Oh, you want leather seats? Well you need to buy the premium audio package, the voice control package, the premium floor mat package, and the bumper dumper package to get leather seats."

The extra $1k isn't bad for the ABS and traction control package, but the suspension and center stand should be standard for both models.

And no pricing on bags ..

• Member Contributer

I'm still waiting to see some pics and specs of the bags. They better fit a full face helmet each. I would guess another 1200-1300 for the bags and top case.

I say no but I hope I'm wrong ...

• Member Contributer

Ok, guys. Start buying them and parking them near terrible drivers. We need parts bikes to graft stuff on our older gens!

"The Deluxe model adds ABS, Traction Control, grip heaters, self-canceling turn signals, and a centerstand for riders wanting even more features.

Haha, so they strip down a standard VFR so they can sell a VFR that still has all it's bits as a "DeLuxe" :laugh:

• Member Contributer

I'm still waiting to see some pics and specs of the bags. They better fit a full face helmet each. I would guess another 1200-1300 for the bags and top case.

Should be the same bags as the 1200 as the mounts in the rear fender are the same... right side solo exhaust is also similarly positioned so full face helmet in left bag only IIRC from my 1200 test.

• Member Contributer

"The Deluxe model adds ABS, Traction Control, grip heaters, self-canceling turn signals, and a centerstand for riders wanting even more features.

Haha, so they strip down a standard VFR so they can sell a VFR that still has all it's bits as a "DeLuxe" :laugh:

Or as we like to call it " THE U.S. MODEL " .

I'm gonna out on a limb and say the bags will be bigger then the 1200's ..

• Member Contributer

Honda is scheduled to release (3) NEW 2014 Motorcycles to their 2014 model lineup. The picture below shows what Honda has "under wraps", so as of right now it is all speculation when it comes to exactly what those (3) new models will be for 2014. Guessing what they may or may not be is part of the fun though, right?

2014_new_motorcycles_honda_cbr_sport_tou
Hmmmm !!!!

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

• Member Contributer

Way out on that limb and sawing the tree down behind you unless you can show me the path of reason and logic that dictates that Honda utilizes the same bag mounts for the new 800 as the 1200, moved the exhaust on the new 800 to align with the exhaust location on the 1200, and yet still decides to eschew common inventory and manufacturing principles and add an additional SKU number to provide LARGER bags for the smaller, lighter, (ostensibly more sporty) 800 cc bike than to maintain commonality of parts and use the 1200 bags.

• Member Contributer

Way out on that limb and sawing the tree down behind you unless you can show me the path of reason and logic that dictates that Honda utilizes the same bag mounts for the new 800 as the 1200, moved the exhaust on the new 800 to align with the exhaust location on the 1200, and yet still decides to eschew common inventory and manufacturing principles and add an additional SKU number to provide LARGER bags for the smaller, lighter, (ostensibly more sporty) 800 cc bike than to maintain commonality of parts and use the 1200 bags.

Ah maybe not .... Probably right it would not make any sense ..

Archived