New Vfr800 Vtec Will Be Introduced At Eicma.

V4 Rosso

• Member Contributer

They being Chatanooga Powrer Sports ?

At last, the true "7th Gen " is here.

That 1200 cc thing is now just another Honda.

After having a ride on one I decided I would head on down to Chattanooga this weekend and pick me up one of them there 1200cc Hondas. Switchblade and I will figure out whether it is worthy of the VFR moniker this spring.

Weekends at the gap will look different this year.

KEB

Amazing how the same guy ^^^ can say all of these things:

1. A certain trio of riders on Ninja 300s would drive Switchblade nuts on the Dragon

2. Less power can be more fun

3. Time to slow down

4. I don't know how to slow down; just go faster and faster

5. The K1200S is like a faster VFR

6. Time for a Veefalo

Does this mean the Anniversary VFR is up for sale or will you have 4 bikes in the stable now? Can I get a discount on it if it is for sale?

Everything is slower than the Interceptor so the 1200 is technically slowing down. And I still think Dave would kill the Ninja 300s but it would be awesome to drive him crazy if we all showed up on em. 800 stays.

I have been trying to work a deal on the VFR1200 and they have rejected my first offer so I know they have common sense.

KEB

Ninja 300 are great bikes and there's a chick that rides a red one on the Dragon and her name is " Sweetness". She has no fear .

Always fun to hookup with her and ride. She really has to shift like hell to stay a head of me but she's a lot of fun to watch. The bike has all the upgrades not at all stock .

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I wasn't sure when I first saw the pictures. Nor the mechanical specs. However, I am huge fan now. Love the styling, and the weight drop is substantial. Also, humbly, the pearl white colour is just the best since the '93. It's big cash, and I still just love my '07 but I'm really happy this model is out. I also think the displacement is perfect, for me. I don't need more horsepower, and love the low insurance. :-)

Grips, ABS, and a nice dash too. :-)

• Member Contributer

They being Chatanooga Powrer Sports ?

At last, the true "7th Gen " is here.

That 1200 cc thing is now just another Honda.

After having a ride on one I decided I would head on down to Chattanooga this weekend and pick me up one of them there 1200cc Hondas. Switchblade and I will figure out whether it is worthy of the VFR moniker this spring.

Weekends at the gap will look different this year.

KEB

Amazing how the same guy ^^^ can say all of these things:

1. A certain trio of riders on Ninja 300s would drive Switchblade nuts on the Dragon

2. Less power can be more fun

3. Time to slow down

4. I don't know how to slow down; just go faster and faster

5. The K1200S is like a faster VFR

6. Time for a Veefalo

Does this mean the Anniversary VFR is up for sale or will you have 4 bikes in the stable now? Can I get a discount on it if it is for sale?

Everything is slower than the Interceptor so the 1200 is technically slowing down. And I still think Dave would kill the Ninja 300s but it would be awesome to drive him crazy if we all showed up on em. 800 stays.

I have been trying to work a deal on the VFR1200 and they have rejected my first offer so I know they have common sense.

KEB

Ninja 300 are great bikes and there's a chick that rides a red one on the Dragon and her name is " Sweetness". She has no fear .

Always fun to hookup with her and ride. She really has to shift like hell to stay a head of me but she's a lot of fun to watch. The bike has all the upgrades not at all stock .

I figured Matt, Steve and I could buzz you on 300s this summer and make you think your seeing triple. Problem with the Dragon it's got too much high speed stuff. Now that little run between 28 and 129 (behind the Fontana Resort) that runs over the mountain would be fun.

KEB

• Member Contributer

I stopped in at Chattanooga Power Sports this afternoon on my way home from Nashville...talked to Mike the only salesman there who had owned a VFR (he recently sold his 25th Anniversary edition) about the 2014 800 as well as their large inventory of 1200s and the Groms that they cant keep in stock.

With the list prices I quoted him on the new 800 he figured the Deluxe model would be priced by them right at $13k plus fees...I am in the tickle file for a test ride as soon as one arrives.

• Member Contributer

I stopped in at Chattanooga Power Sports this afternoon on my way home from Nashville...talked to Mike the only salesman there who had owned a VFR (he recently sold his 25th Anniversary edition) about the 2014 800 as well as their large inventory of 1200s and the Groms that they cant keep in stock.

With the list prices I quoted him on the new 800 he figured the Deluxe model would be priced by them right at $13k plus fees...I am in the tickle file for a test ride as soon as one arrives.

All right !!!

I guess we all could ride down. About 30 of us. 30 of us trying to buy maybe 4 2014 VFR's !!!

• Member Contributer

So they put a 6th gen motor under a modded 5th gen bod... If only it was the other way around. :sigh:

Seriously, though, I really like it. Will be a perfect next bike in 5 years.

• Member Contributer

I am in the tickle file for a test ride as soon as one arrives.

How does one get in this tickle file? I think I might already be there, too.

So they put a 6th gen motor under a modded 5th gen bod... If only it was the other way around. :sigh:

Seriously, though, I really like it. Will be a perfect next bike in 5 years.

Agreed. I may have to stop by the local Honda shop and start working on them for a good price so they will get tired of me and fold by the time I want to buy. I just hope I am not negotiating a 2014 VFR new bike price in 2019.

• Member Contributer

Call Chattanooga Powersports and ask for Mike Vaughn. He will get your info and then bug you when the bikes arrive. They sold 30 Groms one week and Honda have been backordered on 22 or so of them...He is not sure how many the first build batch of North American VFRs will be.

He is good to chat with about the direction Honda is heading, away from V2's/Cruisers and toward ADV bikes and oddballs like the revised DN01 and the CTX/NTX bikes.

Quite a few 1200's on the floor as well. Blue and Black with 4 2010's.

• Member Contributer

Call Chattanooga Powersports and ask for Mike Vaughn. He will get your info and then bug you when the bikes arrive. They sold 30 Groms one week and Honda have been backordered on 22 or so of them...He is not sure how many the first build batch of North American VFRs will be.

He is good to chat with about the direction Honda is heading, away from V2's/Cruisers and toward ADV bikes and oddballs like the revised DN01 and the CTX/NTX bikes.

I think Kimball after one of the 1200's..

Honda recently showed this new concept, not an adventure bike like the crosstourer but it does look better suited for dirt roads than e.g. a crossrunner. I think it looks good too.

Honda-CX-01-concept.jpg

CX-01 Concept

• Member Contributer

I think Kimball after one of the 1200's..

I saw the add for Honda of Chattanooga but I called a dealer in GA to see how low they would go and I worked them over pretty good. I was respectful but unwavering on my idea of a fair price and the whole buying-a-4-year-old-bike thing but they stopped negotiating at what Chattanooga Honda wanted so I was planning on going down to Chattanooga last weekend.

Then I sat back, exhaled, and though about all the miles of mountain roads I have ridden and all that I plan to ride. What is out there that could possibly be better than one of the three bikes I already have?

So you have followed me on the Tiger, is it that much slower in the tight stuff than the VFR? Don't think you have ever ridden with me with the Versys but it has less motor but slightly more corner speed and the only thing it doesn't do the VFR and tiger does is pass quickly on short straights. Frankly I am tired of having to pass everything in sight. I really like riding the goat trails where no one else goes. It is just as thrilling as high speed Dragon/28/215/209 runs but it requires a different riding style and a different kind of bike.

The Versys is awesome on the goat trails and the Tiger is nearly as solid but it is almost too "nice" to run on those roads. The Versys feels more like a tingly 4 than a smooth twin over 65 mph which cuts into its charm but it is a great sport bike so I forgive it. So what is out there that is a great goat trail bike but can tour and scratch, is stupid easy to own and maintain, and has the feel of a refined twin? I will buy the answer.

KEB

• Member Contributer

The Versys is awesome on the goat trails and the Tiger is nearly as solid but it is almost too "nice" to run on those roads. The Versys feels more like a tingly 4 than a smooth twin over 65 mph which cuts into its charm but it is a great sport bike so I forgive it. So what is out there that is a great goat trail bike but can tour and scratch, is stupid easy to own and maintain, and has the feel of a refined twin? I will buy the answer.

KEB

FZ09 - it is motard crossed with sportbike. It has spongy suspension, which you prefer. It is stupid cheap, so it won't even require any negotiation. Bags and touring junk are either out already or on the way. Bring me your well serviced 2K7 VFR when you are done with it.

• Member Contributer
FZ-09 Soft Saddlebags

The FZ-09 Soft Saddlebags are simple, functional, and sturdy. These soft saddlebags are handy when you require extra luggage capacity. Bags hang over the passenger seat and attach via mounts (sold separately) that secure the bags in place. Bags firmly attach to each other with strong hook-and-loop closure strips. Each bag is expandable from 14L to 21L. Features Yamaha logo and includes hand carry grips and rain covers.

$119.99 and Up

FZ-09 Soft Saddlebags

Items from your Wish List can be purchased at your local authorized Yamaha dealership. Once you are done shopping, you will have options to save, print and email your Wish List.

Year
Select Year...2014
Model
Select Model...FZ-09
addtowish.png
GMULWqaKl6vSQB5d-FZJpAGFLwwRvJlcHZd4E16n
GMULWqaKl6vSQB5d-FZJpAGFLwwRvJlcHZd4E16nbJ0N1naRoW_337s04UNUF7EeTTz_xbhorhawIv3T

- See more at: https://www.yamahapartsandaccessories.com/product/details/fz-09-soft-saddlebags?b=Street+Motorcycle&d=28|28#sthash.6fKxu2BK.dpuf

Could not get a firm price but they look good ..

Archived