Has Anyone Tried This Yet? Ecu Unleashed

crazybrother

• Member Contributer

ECU Unleashed, has anyone tried them yet? It appears that they now have a new flash for our VFR 1200 and I'm thinking about sending mine in but want to hear some reviews if there are some... Here is a copy of my emails from them.

(Hello George,

Thank you for your inquiry. We have a great Tune File available for the VFR 1200. We work on each of the internal parameters of each ECU including, removing any factory restrictions (ignition and/or throttle), optimize fuel and ignition curves, deceleration maps, throttle maps, rev limit,and many more. This allows us to maximize horsepower while also significantly improving the ride-ability and control of the bike. Plus we are able to accommodate for modifications that have been done to the bike (ie exhaust system, intake, etc)

Procedure Honda CBR600/1000RR ECU Service

(1) Please log on and complete one of our online TUNE FILE ORDER FORMS. Password is tuning101
This will supply us with all of the info we need to get you the PERFECT Tune File. Also it will allow you to inform us of any modifications that have been done to the bike so that we can accommodate for those on the Tune File. All info is *required to be filled in.

(2) Please complete our Credit Card Form so we have a payment method. MSRP $499. We take care of freight back to you.
For the Honda CBR's we are on a strict twice a month bulk order. We take in bulk orders on the 1st and 15th of every month. If your ECU does not arrive to us in time for the nearest cut off date, it will be included on the following batch of orders. This will delay your order so please plan the shipment of your ECU accordingly. Thank You!

Shipping Address:
ECUnleashed Tuning Technology
8209 Foothill Blvd, Suite #A122
Sunland, CA 91040

Send us tracking # if possible.)

Micheal, thanks for the quick reply, however I have one question, my bike is not a CBR600/1000 are you sure we are talking about the same product? My bike is a 2010 Honda VFR 1200F with the six speed trans.
Hello George,
Yes, we are talking about the same bike. The shipping procedures are the same as the CBR series as we do need the ECU to be shipped to us. We are sure you will be happy with your ECUnleashed ECU and are sure you will be satisfied with the results of the reflash.
Thanks,
-ECUnleashed Staff

• Member Contributer

I know nothing about the company or the service they provide, but that particular email exchange displays a lot of unverifiable hype combined with sloppy communication--good luck!

Ciao,

• Member Contributer
For $500, you would be better off buying the aftermarket units that take care of all that.

Agreed, a PCV would manage most of this, is user programmable, can be removed as required, also the dealer can plug in and perform a SQL without wiping your $500 tune off the ECU - something I'm sure would require time off the road to send the ECU back to ECUnleashed to be reflashed...

PCV can not remove the power restrictions in 1st, 2nd and 6th gear as far as I know and Z-Bomb is not applicable to the DCT.

Actually the price sounds good IF it works as promised. However, sending my ECU and a bunch of money somewhere not knowing if I will get it back - in a working condition - sounds not so good.

• Member Contributer
PCV can not remove the power restrictions in 1st, 2nd and 6th gear as far as I know and Z-Bomb is not applicable to the DCT. Actually the price sounds good IF it works as promised. However, sending my ECU and a bunch of money somewhere not knowing if I will get it back - in a working condition - sounds not so good.

Yep, that is my concern too. They must of had a donor bike to work on... Was just wondering if it was someone on the forum. FWIW, the PCV doesn't fix any of our issues except fueling... This sounds like it fixes everything. To good to be true, maybe but they have a great reputation with the other Honda models... So if I do try them out, i'll be sure to post up some results.

• Member Contributer

There was an article in PB mag last month on this. It's the same as using a powercommander to tune the fuelling. It''s only available on the newer generation ECU, but basically the same as they do on cars, they reset the ECU to match performance criteria throughout the rev range, thus removing the manufacturers emissions restrictions etc. it does work & can boost midrange performance & if you have a free flowing exhaust it will adjust the fuelling for that & any other mods you have.

Downside is that because they don't have a PC to supply you at silly cost, they just add that cost to the price you pay for the remap !

It does work, but should cost no more than an owner fitted PC tune, which is approx £150 (ukpounds) & no more effort is required for the tune via the bikes own ECU so it is a bit of a rip off when you are paying for hardware that you don't get !!!! At least with a PC it costs you once, then the tunes for what ever mods are fixed cost. With the ECU remap they charge you for a non existent PC every time !!!!!!

IMO, if they can reflash it and its reliable and corrects all the issues, that one cant live with, I suppose its worth the money, the down time would be annoying.

By the time you bought a PC and had it mapped by a tuner, it would be about the same cost, but like mentioned a PC5 does not remove 1st and 2nd gear limitations OEM ECU, like the reflash supposidely does.

But I dont have a 1200, so I dont know how annoying the 1st and 2nd gear limitation is

• Member Contributer
Didn't the Z bomb or something remove the 1st and 2nd restrictions? I thought someone has something to do that already.

Not on the DCT IIRC

• Member Contributer

Talk is cheap. If the vendor is dishonest, he can say exactly what you want to hear. All they have to do is listen to complaints on boards like VFRD. For my money I would want to see/talk to satisfied customers.

• Member Contributer

this seams to be what you can buy for HD.

but with HD you a buy a module that adapts your PC to the bike.. then uploads any and all changes into the ECU.. and stores them.. for that bike only..

you then put the mod in your tool box and save it in case you make any more changes to your bike.

and yes it costs overt 500 bucks.. .

In Belgium we have the restricted ECU (115 Hp) This because off taxes it is not a must you can buy full power then you pay 2.500,00 € off taxes instead off 150,00€ Afterwards we can buy the unrestricted ECU in the honda store 1.500,00 €.

Reflach ECU exist already for years in diesel cars and vans. The question is (for 2012 models) do the ECU controls the traction control or is there another ECU for the traction control.

Otherwise you have to be carefully!

• Member Contributer
this seams to be what you can buy for HD.

but with HD you a buy a module that adapts your PC to the bike.. then uploads any and all changes into the ECU.. and stores them.. for that bike only..

you then put the mod in your tool box and save it in case you make any more changes to your bike.

and yes it costs overt 500 bucks.. .

Or pretty much any car, which allows you to re-flash the factory ECU with a tune of your choice. If it wasn't for bike manufacturers locking down their ECU we wouldn't need Power Commanders.

• Member Contributer

Ok, since my original question still hasn't been answered. I sent them an email asking for a reference... Still haven't heard back. I don't mind spending $500 if it's going to work but I'm not going to be the first guniea pig and have to pay for it... I still don't feel comfortable sending my ECU to them if I can't be sure it will be done right. They claim via emails and on their site to fix all of our problems with the 2010, so it is tempting but I still can't do it yet. So I guess i'll just have to wait :mad:

• Member Contributer

ECUnleashed is well known in the Sporbike community. They are solid at what they do. I can't give any of you any VFR1200 reference though. I just know that the Sportbike crowd has been buying from them for years and I've never read a complaint. I'm using Flashtune (ECUnleashed competitor) for my R1. Their flash is only $150, or you can buy their interface for $350 and do it all yourself, and flash as many times as you want. Flashtune has eaten into a bunch of their profits as their flashes are much cheaper. But so far they only do Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Suzuki.

If anyone on this forum is in the Los Angeles area I'd recommend riding up there and talking to the owner. If you can convince him to work on Shamu, you might be benefitting all the 7th gen owners.

I work just down the street from this place. I will see if I can drop in one day to get a feel for it. $499 is almost worth it to fix 1st and 2nd performance on my DCT.

• Member Contributer

I bought a BAZAAZ plug in, cost 60 bucks, removed the 1st and 2nd gear limits, shows 3rd gear through 1st and 2nd. really wakes up the bike, and much cheaper, and i can disconnect it at any time in about 2 minutes...This, included in my Power Commander and slip on are all the normal changes most do. Its was really all i ever did to a bike anyway. The difference in 1st and 2nd gear over stock can not be explained, its a completely different bike. The Power Commander just made it smoother, and woke it up on the top end. The pipe sounds amazing and it looks really nice as well. You can check out the photo's and Dyno charts under my profile.

Do you have to sign a release form if your ecu , corrupts or fries, they dont buy you a new one?

I think its a worth while attempt to try, if your frustated by present ecu operation, I'd just like to know that companies Liability position for the ECU, if bad things happen.

Archived