What's wrong with these pictures?

Olive

• Member Contributer

Took both of these pictures today. Didn't notice until late this evening that there was a problem with one of them.

Can you spot the issue?

innovation

New Shoes

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Couldn't be! I ordered two 17 inch tires. Even joked with Superfunkomatic as we were fighting with the rear about the front being an 18". Hah Hah! Told him it better not be given I had a 17" Rim. We laughed about it However we weren't laughing quite so much when we discovered the truth of the matter after pulling the old front off the Rim. It couldn't be... but it was.

Superfunkomatic to the rescue! Since we had the bike on a centerstand and had already removed the tire from the rim, he generously offered me a loaner wheel complete with tire. I am waiting to have a few words with the company I had purchased the tires from (the paperwork indicates that I ordered 17 providing me with proof.). As soon as I get the replacement tire I will be off to his garage again to swap his loaner wheel with my own. Above and beyond!

However now that we have all noticed what was definitely not noticible earlier in the day... I will draw your attention to the other photo. Take a close look - anything strike you of interest in that shot?

• Member Contributer

The only thing I notice in the picture with the bike, is a lack of an oil leak. I'm wondering if this is actually your bike or not.

err,

- it still has those stupid reflectors on the forks?

- its standing up by itself? (no i can see the shadow now

- your blinker fluid is low?

- the freedle valve looks stuck?

I give up...

• Member Contributer

The tie down strap is wrapped around the exhaust

I saw that also, but my concern was the tire/swingarm movement getting into the strap.

• Member Contributer

Olive,

In the close-up of the tires, that looks like a blade cut running horizontal across both tires? Hope its maybe just a pen mark or something of the sort?

Chuck

Olive,

In the close-up of the tires, that looks like a blade cut running horizontal across both tires? Hope its maybe just a pen mark or something of the sort?

Chuck

Saw it to now

I checked my spare tyres never used (yet), they both have the lines spaced evenly all around, and they are raised lines(guessing mold lines).

I can't see anything other than the front is a 18.

My over active mind set says to me that 18 stuck in the senders mind because you two talked about it, and then became real.

• Member Contributer

When I needed new tires on my SV I took each one separately by wearing them around my waist after getting seated :P

How many miles do you get out a set worn around the waist? I suppose the sidewalls would wear first ... :tongue:

It does explain the expression: "He's got a spare tire ..."

• Member Contributer

Stock seat is what surprises me, knowing how many miles Olive puts on that thing.

I couldn't spend more than an hour on the stocker if my life depended on it.

• Member Contributer

The only thing I notice in the picture with the bike, is a lack of an oil leak. I'm wondering if this is actually your bike or not.

:tongue:

Don't worry - it's my bike all right... noticed a brake fluid leak on the front. That's going to be... fun... to fix. :huh:

• Member Contributer

No decals on the fairing and no wing on the tank? And it's not raining!

Archived