What's wrong with these pictures?

Olive

• Member Contributer

You kept the ABS equipped bike instead of the other one???

No - still have twins! I have been waiting a month for these tires (very long story...). I was not going to sell the bike with a leaky front tire, and the rear tire wasn't great either. Plus by the time I sell this bike I will have put a few thousand on the tires anyhow. (See, I'm trying to justify why I own two VFRs even though I can only ride one at a time...)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I got it!!!!!

NO SNOW

Hey! We are in the middle of our "three-days-of-summer" so there isn't SUPPOSED to be any snow. :goofy:

• Member Contributer

not sure your built ...but there is not place for you to sit !!

I noticed that when riding. Ended up wedged between tank and tires, and the tires weren't moving anywhere. Sitting on the tank I had to readjust mirrors and felt super cramped when I brought my knees up to shoulder level to set them on the pegs.

Didn't snag a picture on the return trip when I had three tires stacked on the rear - however I was able to get an extra inch of space... not nearly enough!

• Member Contributer

I checked my spare tyres never used (yet), they both have the lines spaced evenly all around, and they are raised lines(guessing mold lines).

I can't see anything other than the front is a 18.

My over active mind set says to me that 18 stuck in the senders mind because you two talked about it, and then became real.

Re-read my note above - I joked with Superfunkomatic about the wrong size... not the sender. When I spoke with the seller today he was a little confused because they don't stock 18s - told me it is special order and he hadn't ordered any in quite some time. New tire is on the way (or so he tells me).

• Member Contributer

When I needed new tires on my SV I took each one separately by wearing them around my waist after getting seated :P

I did try the "hula hoop" with the tires, but decided it would be more comfortable to ride with them strapped to the bike.

• Member Contributer

Stock seat is what surprises me, knowing how many miles Olive puts on that thing.

I couldn't spend more than an hour on the stocker if my life depended on it.

I am used to the stock seat, and readjust positioning often while riding to give my body a break. Probably a good thing that I have never tried riding with a Sargent or Corbin - I suspect that it would get expensive quickly.

The one thing that I have bought for all of my bikes is a set of Pazzo levers - absolute necessity in terms of comfort for riding!

Is that a bullet hole in the right mid frame - dead centre of photo? Looks like the idle adjustment rubber cover from a 5th gen?

• Member Contributer

Is that a bullet hole in the right mid frame - dead centre of photo? Looks like the idle adjustment rubber cover from a 5th gen?

If it is I want to know just WHAT adventures my bike has been on without me?!

• Member Contributer

The tie down strap is wrapped around the exhaust

I saw that also, but my concern was the tire/swingarm movement getting into the strap.

I have GIVI side racks on the bike (they are black and blend right in). Tires are strapped to the side racks. Nylon straps are well clear of the exhaust, wheels and swingarm and there are no trailing ends to worry about.

Hey Olive, I've been wwatching this topic for days wondering if anyone has come up with the right answer, other than the oversized front shoe?

I had athough that possibly this twin was missing an ID Plate? Not sure what the requirements are on the other hemisphere, but on the southern side, we have to have the compliance plate visible, and it should be easily spotted in your first photo. For the life of me, I can't see it?

Mental note - next time before removing tires check and make sure the replacement will actually fit. Haha. What an unfortunate surprise.

Did we forget anything? Make sure to get that brake leak looked at - getting that fluid on your brake rotors or tires could be a career-ender.

Let me know when you get the right tire and we'll switch the extra one off your bike.

• Member Contributer

Hey Olive, I've been wwatching this topic for days wondering if anyone has come up with the right answer, other than the oversized front shoe?

I had athough that possibly this twin was missing an ID Plate? Not sure what the requirements are on the other hemisphere, but on the southern side, we have to have the compliance plate visible, and it should be easily spotted in your first photo. For the life of me, I can't see it?

Yes, the correct answer was the shoe size. Not sure quite what you mean by compliance plate, but license plate is on the rear of the bike.

• Member Contributer

The tie down strap is wrapped around the exhaust

I saw that also, but my concern was the tire/swingarm movement getting into the strap.

Ha ha. I've done this... tire strapped to the passenger seat, with the tie-downs going under the seat. Clearance was fine, until I sat down on it and compressed the suspension, that is.

• Member Contributer

This is the compliance plate I meant........

post-24660-0-95721600-1342501466.jpg

I believe that is on the opposite side of the bike. I also have the RIV sticker (Registrar of Imported Vehicles) because I imported the VFR from the USA.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh the penny drops :idea3: . I think all this living 'down under' has sent all the bood to my head making me devoid of intelligent thought process

• Member Contributer

And the tire saga continues...

As a number of sharp eyed readers have noted on my recent tire order the rear tire was the correct size however I was shipped a 18" front rather than a 17".

I very clearly communicated the issue with the company I purchased the tires from including sending an email so there was no room for error. When I spoke with them on Friday they apologized profusely and indicated that they were shipping a replacement front tire right away.

Amazingly enough a tire was waiting for me when I arrived home this evening.

I proudly present my new FRONT tire! So exciting to note that they even got the rim size right this time!

First they sent me an 18" Front Tire rather than a 17"... now they send me... this?

• Member Contributer

I proudly present my new FRONT tire! So exciting to note that they even got the rim size right this time!

Sheesh, Olive ... you're just never happy :laugh:

You could be the first with a 180 front tire on your VFR. Might start a new trend ... Wasn't there a thread about cruisers with fat front tires recently?

• Member Contributer

Sheesh, Olive ... you're just never happy :laugh:

You could be the first with a 180 front tire on your VFR. Might start a new trend ... Wasn't there a thread about cruisers with fat front tires recently?

Should I hang my head in shame for being *such* a demanding customer? After all they are doing their best to go above and beyond. They went above and beyond rim size by an inch... and now they have really gone above and beyond - look what value I received! I ordered a skinny black rubber donut and got so much more than I asked for! :goofy:

Laughing is all I can do about it - how many times can a company screw up on the same customer with the same order? Mail order shouldn't recognize your voice when you call them... especially not when you have only ever placed one order with them.

Superfunkomatic to the rescue ??...Again !

Maybe he has a spare rear wheel that fits in the front..... :rolleyes:

Please tell us how the grip is.... :laughing6-hehe:

Good luck with this continueing story.....

• Member Contributer

Imagine the grip! Keep it, put studs in it, and use it for your next Storm Trip. You could wear it as a spare around your waist.

Archived