What's wrong with these pictures?

Olive

• Member Contributer

Customer Service 101?

Apparently they NOTICED that they had sent me the wrong tire and the day after they shipped the overly generous "front" they reportedly sent the correct tire. They tell me that I should be receiving the actual front tire today because they shipped it at the beginning of the week.

The new approach to Customer Service is to hope your customer doesn't notice? Let them phone you and leave them on hold for ten minutes? The kicker is that I didn't even have to identify the issue... "I know why you are calling... but we've already fixed it.". Fixed it? No apology? No customer contact? They have my phone number. They have my email address.

Wouldn't it make sense to proactively deal with the customer in terms of open communication? Or is it a better idea to have your customer chase YOU, after all they will be in a much better mood if you don't tell them anything...

Anyone want to place a bet on what they are going to send me next?!?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Here in the U. S. if you are sent an unsolicited item in the mail, you get to keep it. So keep the 180 front tire. I'm sure you'll be able to use it in the future even if you put it on the back end of the machine. And they may pay more attention to you in the future.

I can't wait to hear the next surprise.

Good luck Olive and safe riding.

• Member Contributer

They tell me that I should be receiving the actual front tire today because they shipped it at the beginning of the week.

Anyone want to guess what was waiting for me when I arrived home today?

• Member Contributer

A rear 17"?? Or a big fat nothing??? This should be good.....

Polarbear wins the wager... big fat nothing.

Next wager is on when it arrives... Think I should go make some :lurk:

• Member Contributer

Believe it or not... I received a 17" 120/70 tire! It was only 48 days after I placed the original order. That timeframe included one lost order, one 18" front, one rear sent in place of the front and many, many, MANY phone calls. To be fair, it only took them 33 days after I reordered (perhaps we should give them 15 days leeway given that they lost the first order...).

They are being nice enough to cover the cost of the shipping and will be providing me one of the tires for free.

Note to self: check credit card statement to see how badly they muff this one up...

• Member Contributer

Congrats Olive. Glad they compensated you for the hassle. Hope they gave you the rear tire.

Safe riding oh famous one.

• Member Contributer

Ooh, one free tire? Probably the front I'm guessing, being cheaper and all.

Still, pretty good of them, after all the hassle.

Well... still have to wait for my credit card statement to arrive... then I will figure out their follow through.

They didn't offer. I made a point of asking. I reminded him that the original order was placed on June 5th and it was currently July 24th. "What are you going to do to make up for this?". He told me that they were not going to charge for the shipping. Silence. I prompted "And?". That's when the tire was added on. If I wouldn't have said anything I don't believe anything would have been done. I can understand that mix-ups happen... but this went above and beyond and seemed like a Laurel and Hardy comedy skit.

• Member Contributer

Note to self: check credit card statement to see how badly they muff this one up...

No need to bring me into this!!!!

• Member Contributer

"but this went above and beyond and seemed like a Laurel and Hardy comedy skit."

No need to bring Timmy and CornerCarver into this either. :goofy:

"All things come to those who ask." Thanks for the example.

• Member Contributer

"but this went above and beyond and seemed like a Laurel and Hardy comedy skit."

No need to bring Timmy and CornerCarver into this either. :goofy:

You are right... there was no call for that.Or to pick on poor Muff for that matter... :laughing6-hehe: :laughing6-hehe: :laughing6-hehe:

Archived