What I learned during TMAC

• Member Contributer

I have learned:

Nicole has a knife and she does not afraid to use it.

Trying to save $28 on SIDI boot part can ruin the $300 bike seat.

People are religious up there. When my lunch food and drink price totaled $6.66 at the local restaurant. The cashier quickly took off $0.01!

I really need to get longer gloves. Otherwise, my hands will look like I had handcuffs on too long.

Do not say "I have something hard in my pants!" in public.

1535284_dkpstuw019_m.jpg1535283_afhmouw368_m.jpg

Edit: Those are sunburns!

1535320_acfkptuwz4_m.jpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I learned

1. you meet the nicest people on a Honda VFR

2. How to pronounce Oyama's name

3. That Timmy is a wildass (in a good way)

4. Nicole can hold her own and is a hoot

5. Canadains are cool

6. Skuuter is a Demi-god (s)

7. And where I will be next May

Do not say "I have something hard in my pants!" in public.

Might work in some towns, depending on your objective.

I'm thinking West Hollywood, sometimes referred to as WeHo. :laughing6-hehe:

I learned the truth, from the mouths of babes..................

and that when I go away, my wife misses me "moderately"

• Member Contributer

What did I learn?

1. people in the south are very friendly and can talk your ear off. Some local dude joined be for breakfast Thursday morning and could have talked all day about the world.

2. how to grind the sides of my foot pegs off.

3. Timmy is as wild as I guessed.

4. what a Honey Bagger is LOL.

• Member Contributer

I wasn't there but did learn a few things from the reports,pics,& vids.

I wished I was a traveler cause I seemed to have missed out on one heck of a good time.:beer:

I now know what some of the people on here look like....I think. Still trying to sort that all out.:unsure:

Timmy knows how to handle a bike dam well. I've never seen anyone draggin a knee on the street before.:wheel:

OMG :ohmy:...no cops!?! Can it get any better?!? :fing02:

Oh and, WOW Nicole looks DAM HOTT in her PJ's!!:wub: She might've needed that knife if I was there!:ohmy: PLEASE post more pics of her! :wink:

• Member Contributer

1. Next year show up in better riding shape (ie. Don't have knee surgery one month before TMac)

2. Side stand bolts require locktight.

3. The cable bracket goes outside of the cluth cover and not under the gasket.

4. Wheeler is a great mechanic and a great guy.

5. Log out of VFRD before handing your laptop over to anyone.

6. Don't let Timmy walk up behind you.

7. Nicole loves wearing the color green.

8. CornerCarver has no idea what to do with mint leaves.

9. If you get hungry after midnight Kanadian Ken has delicious, fresh strawberries for you to eat.

10. Honey Badger don't care!

Timmy knows how to handle a bike dam well. I've never seen anyone draggin a knee on the street before.:wheel:

It only seems that way because I was the only donkey there with a gopro and no shame. :491:

I did ride with the ACTUAL fast guys for a while. But it got very lonely after 3 corners. :blink:

There are some very familiar names who are damn fast. :wheel:

1. Gaining weight during the 7 months you spend not riding in the northeast makes for a lot of soreness at TMAC

2. 2 stroke margaritas are sweeter than electric margaritas

3. My truck gets 11.3 mpg while hauling 4 dudes and a literal ton of VFR.

3. My truck gets 11.3 mpg while hauling 4 dudes 3 dudes and one handsome fooker and a literal ton of VFR.

Fixed that for you.

• Member Contributer

I'm wondering if there is a correlation between handcuff bruises and Nicole.

• Member Contributer

It only seems that way because I was the only donkey there with a gopro and no shame. :491:

I did ride with the ACTUAL fast guys for a while. But it got very lonely after 3 corners. :blink:

There are some very familiar names who are damn fast. :wheel:

I don't quite understand. Are you saying that you were actually leaning more than you needed to for the speed you were going?

If so, it is still some awesome video seeing someones knee touching down like that on the street IMO.

Who are the fast ones?

• Member Contributer
[Edit: Those are sunburns!

1535320_acfkptuwz4_m.jpg

sure pal...

:laughing6-hehe:

pink%20cuffs-thumb.JPG

• Member Contributer

1. Always bring a can of deodorizing spray when staying in a motel that was built more than 25 years ago.

2. Chicks that ride motorcycles are super cool

3. The people from the forums are very different in person than how you imagine them to be.

4. In a large group of VFR's like at TMAC you can count on some sort of electrical problems to occur as sure as the sun will come up.

Rollin

• Member Contributer

1. I don't know what took me so long but I discovered third gear in the twisties

2. Riders get faster after 70

3. No matter what happens to our bike, it can almost always be fixed at T-mac.

4. T-Mac is a must do

• Member Contributer

I don't quite understand. Are you saying that you were actually leaning more than you needed to for the speed you were going?

At the gap, you can drag a knee going 15-20 mph.

I'm one slow guy, and dragged all over the place.

Were you dragging a knee behind me? We were only going 20mph!

Yes sir!

what I learned:

The back seat of a Chevy Silverado is not bad for an hour ride. Not good for 9 hour ride

Tie-down straps have a way of giving up the ghost when you least want them to

Steel side coolers keep stuff cold for a long time, but don't tie them down using the handles (grrrrrr)

When you need a break - TAKE IT.

Some Harley guys really enjoy watching VFRs rip through corners. (Already known: Some are just complete A$$hats)

Some Harley guys will help you with your one piece leathers

I need to get 2 piece leathers as one looks like a donkey with half of the 1 pc leathers off walking around the Gap store.

• Member Contributer

(1) It was Great to see Old VFRD Friends again

(2) It was Great to make New VFRD Friends

(3) It was Great that there were no really serious injuries

(4) There was some really Great Catered Food

(5) After giving all of mine away, it was Great that my various Friends put a Beer in my hand all the time

(6) It was great to have newbie and/or straight road Riders pay attention to You and Your Sweep and show real progress all weekend (This includes the Riders in Faster Groups that asked me "twisty" questions)

(7) It was Great and "Comfortably Familiar" to have Smee42 (Randy) sweep for me all weekend

(8) It was Great to have and meet the Super Buncha' Folks I had both days in my Group

(9) It was Great to meet Lee 2002 after all these years of posting with Him

(10) It was Great to finally meet Muffer after missin' Him about 20 times in Liepers Fork, Tn

(11) It was Great that Baileyrock decided to use the 3rd Thursday in May every year for T-Mac, so some of us with "Crowded Calendars" can always schedule it in...OK, I made this one up, but it is a valid suggestion..... :biggrin:

Really enjoyed it Folks, and lookin' forward to 2012..... :fing02:

1. VFR riders can be damn fast

2. My bike is much faster than I am

3. The HoneyBadger 200 is actually closer to 140 miles long and it doesn't care!

4. If you see "SLO" spray painted on the road either SLOW DOWN quick or be prepared to run way wide over the double yellows in a decreasing radius turn :blink:

5. Keeping your line wide on corner entry can help greatly when encountering said decreasing radius turns

6. You meet the nicest people on a Honda

7. You meet the craziest nice people on a VFR :biggrin:

8. SEB has big feet

9. TMAC is awesome fun and everyone accepts you... even if you don't own a VFR

If so, it is still some awesome video seeing someones knee touching down like that on the street IMO.

Who are the fast ones?

There isnt a real corrolation between knee sliders and speed. There are quite a few guys there who dont wear sliders and are very, very fast. My point was that I am a bit quick and I know how to ride, but i still dont ride with the "fast group" These fellows will shock you when you watch them go. Knees or not, there are some incredibly skilled riders at TMac, and I try to learn from them until they get out of sight (happens fast). Wherever my speed and skill level falls, the point was to have fun and not fall off. i succeeded in both respects.

The fast guys know who they are and they are not the types who want recognition, they get along with the task of looking like a tron-bike fading out of your field of vision. Then they give a beer later.

• Member Contributer

I learned:

1) Oyama thinks I'm faster than I really am.

2) I have a physical abnormality that prevents me from getting my knee down regardless of how far the bike is leaned over.

3) Riding by yourself at TMac is a great way to ride with more people than riding with a group.

4) Once you both get comfortable two up, everything gets better, and faster, and suddenly the big camera comes out and you get some great shots.

5) My memory for names is worse than I ever though.

6) The longer the fuel light flashes, the cheaper the gas at the Gap seems.

1 - I've learned that there are peeps at T-Mac that will sacrifice some of their time to allow slower riders to tag along once or twice during the week.

2 - Wheelers shop between the Dragon and Robbinsville does a good sag adjustment.

3 - Riding the Dragon really helps my slow turn practice.

4 - So does the other road to Transylvania.

5 - Come with less stuff in my bags(I always bring too much).

6 - Try to meet more peeps at the motel.

7 - Come to T-mac on Mondays again(5 full days of riding).

Sorry about the riders that got off road, glad they weren't hurt any worse.........

I really like coming to T-Mac and meeting all you peeps..... Thanks.... Monk

Archived