What I learned during TMAC

• Member Contributer

II still got a lot of work to do on my riding position. :dry:

crap........does this mean you are going to get even faster? I ride behind you alot, you know......................................

will everyone stop getting faster dammit.

Line for the geriatric/slow group forms over here, Timmy. :fing02:

I never get to go anywhere, so I'll never get any faster (now, I'm going home to get yelled at).

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I learned that if you say "I have something hard in my pants "

Nicole is sure to step up and help out!

Never heard of a Briss on a guy your age, Purvis. Tho that might be the prettiest mohel I've ever seen. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

1. Chasing Trace through the mountains for 350 miles on his RC51 will cause you to be very sore the next day

2. I need to stay longer next time - 2 days of real riding with 2 days of slab is not a good ratio - thinking Wednesday - Monday next time....

3. HS will change your screen name to Honey Badger

4. Don't ride with a hangover, even if it is the day going home

5. Keep Ed from putting Diesel in his VFR at all costs. Even with all the wrenches at this event, I don't think that one would be fixed any time soon.

6. My bike sucks (according to Nicole)

7. The variety of personalities was every bit what I expected

8. Sign up early for next year so you don't get locked out!

• Member Contributer

I learned not to follow "Skuuter" to close on this trike.

Yeah, because if His Mirrors detect You gainin' on Him comin' into a Corner, after He has picked up the Throttle again, He's gonna' "slightly" Brakecheck You, let You spend the next 3 or 4 Corners gettin' Your "Slow in, Fast out" rythym back at a slower pace......It's "Part-Of-The-Plan"..... :laughing6-hehe: .....by the way, as I told You, You did Great All Weekend, and Improved a Lot Each Day.....Enjoyed Riding With You and Looking Forward To Doing It Again..... :fing02:

• Member Contributer

I learn every year the never ending graciousness of our peeps that supply rides to dinner for us.....Thanks

I learned I can fit in the back of a SUV in the dog cage

• Member Contributer

Well well well.. I planned on posting my pics and comments this weekend but seeing how this thread has blown up will make time tonight..

Purvis, have you forgotten I had my cell with me when you were in the river? *Evil laugh*. :)

• Member Contributer

I guess I'm the only one who learned how bad my technique was, and what I need to do to fix it.

It's amazing how even the simple mistakes are something you simply can't figure out by yourself at home with no twisties nearby.

I learned:

Like Derek Zoolander, "I am not an ambiturner."

What seems like a slight lean is having your weight on the wrong side of the bike.

I learned at the beginning of TMAC that what feels like leaning too far is not.

I learned at the end that I should put my knee sliders on my pants.

I round my curves too much.

If a can says 10W30, you should check to make sure it's not beer before pouring it into your bike, or make sure it's not oil before drinking it (still deciding which would be worse).

I also learned that VFRD is the greatest group of people in the world!

I learned that there is a 119 year old woman who lurks in the grocery store across the street from the hotel who really, really, likes rough and tumble sport-touring types. She introduced herself as "Betty Boots" and apparently, she is eagerly waiting for my return to Franklin.

• Member Contributer

I learned that if you see an elderly man in the parking lot of the Hot Spot who is so stooped over he looks handicapped and that if you ask him if there is anything you can help him with, the only help he will ask for is getting down 2 40's of malt liquor from the top shelf of the gas station refrigerator.

• Member Contributer

I learned that if you see an elderly man in the parking lot of the Hot Spot who is so stooped over he looks handicapped and that if you ask him if there is anything you can help him with, the only help he will ask for is getting down 2 40's of malt liquor from the top shelf of the gas station refrigerator.

I can think of no more noble a gesture. "No man stands so tall as when he's reaching for 40's on the top shelf." You get your Good Samaritan badge Ryan.

• Member Contributer

Hmmmm. I learned that one of these days I really need to make this event. I can play the role of "Rolling Chicane." My guess is some one would change my screen name. :cool:

Sounds like a great time.

• Member Contributer

I also learned that if you bring Killboy a soda, he will put you on the highlights page

I bet it had nothing to do with the little "Killboy" sticker on the bottom of your bike, right? :idea3:

I also learned that if you bring Killboy a soda, he will put you on the highlights page

I bet it had nothing to do with the little "Killboy" sticker on the bottom of your bike, right? :idea3:

I had a chat with him and it was funny when he finnished my sentance. I said "My tyres are sliding and it isnt because of my........" and he said "mad skills?" (said in a sarcastic tone) Tyen he called me an unprintable name when I told him they were out of Coke.

• Member Contributer

Things I have learned..

1. Go take a nap when you're tired.

2. Jeremy is an angry drunk! (J/K dear..)

3. Sochiro is Spiderman in disguise.. No really, he even has the red gear. Not only is he the only person who's washed my bike in 2 years, he fixed my brake light wiring AND.. appeared out of nowhere on the street and re-attached my license plate before it fell off!!! Thank you Doug!!!!! Oh and I did get my lawnmower tired repaired tonight. :)

4. I think I have *another* stalker...

5. I am going to raise my bike to stock height.

6. Gradus needs to start smoking again.

7. If you're a woman helping a man with his pants there will always be someone around with a camera.. lol

8. I need to incorporate bicycle riding into my workouts so I won't get so tired.

9. You guys always make me feel so comfortable. Thanks.

10. 73 year old's ride REALLY F'in FAST!!!

11. Evidently there is a guy on a red Harley who thinks I'm number one.. LOL

12. Timmy needs to clean his chain, or something.. I will post pic later..

13. I know what Purvis and Vecky5 look like naked - or nearly naked, lol.. They got to see my feet! :)

post-6869-0-39326900-1306461826_thumb.jp

• Member Contributer

Purvis, have you forgotten I had my cell with me when you were in the river? *Evil laugh*. :)

Like anyone would even look at a post that potentially showed me in all my glory........

.....well CC probably would use the pictures as his screen saver!! :laughing6-hehe:

• Member Contributer

Like anyone would even look at a post that potentially showed me in all my glory........

.....well CC probably would use the pictures as his screen saver!! :laughing6-hehe:

........... :laughing6-hehe::laughing6-hehe::laughing6-hehe:

I've leaned that Ontario has suckass roads for a VFR and only getting to the Franklin area once a year isn't going to cut it :pissed:

Catskills dude!! Much closer to home, and at least half as fun! :goofy:

I'll be scheduling a Burger Run soon. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

I learned that I snore. Never did believe my wife, but guess she wasn't bs'n me after all.

I also learned that when BR says "Those guys are f'n fast" he means it.

Not to ride with a hangover.

Something else, which I can't recall at the moment :blink:

• Member Contributer

Keith if you are looking for a screen saver I have a doozie, lol.

TMAC is like going on vacation with my 75 brothers - and Andrea!! :) Seriously, I feel safe and relaxed and have a ball. I also had no idea Andrea was fairly close to me until after TMAC. So I hope we can coordinate something and go riding!

........... :laughing6-hehe::laughing6-hehe::laughing6-hehe:

TMAC is like going on vacation with my 75 brothers - and Andrea!! :) Seriously, I feel safe and relaxed and have a ball.

I always thought you were part of our Security Detail as I'm sure you could whip much butt. :goofy:

Always a pleasure to have you amongst us Nicole! :beer:

• Forum CEO

Nicole just wanted to eat her burger in peace but us guys would not leave her alone than Muff had to go and make a joke about tailpipes? Anyways what did I learn from the Tmac? My worst day at tmac is better then my best day at work! being back at work sucks!

Archived