2011 Kootenay Hootenanny 2 - PNW/Canada Meet in Nelson, BC

superfunkomatic

Long or short day ride?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have a long or short day ride at the meet (350 or 500+ kilometers)?

• Member Contributer

Speak for yourself, Christian. I can safely say that I'm worth the ride to Nelson. :goofy:

Just booked a closet :goofy:(budget room) with a shower down the hall at the New Grand. That's all that was left, but I had to wait and work around some other commitments. August will be busy, but I look forward to the ride up to the Kootenays (haven't been there in a few years) and meeting the boss (HS), Funky, and the others whose posts I have read with interest since before I got my VFR last summer.

Cheers,

Belfry (Phil)

don't get your hopes up too high, you may be disappointed by some of us... :biggrin:

c

Then, I'll go to see you. But you, on the other hand, shouldn't ride there just to see me... :laughing6-hehe:

Anyway, back to work here. :pissed:

C

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

. . . and the others whose posts I have read with interest since before I got my VFR last summer.

Should be interesting to find out who those are . . . I'd better clean up my act! :biggrin:

T-shirts are now ordered. If you'd like to send me payment you can do so by PayPal or by Interac transfer from your bank (most major banks will do that now - usually without a charge).

Costs

The total cost per person will work out to $42.00. That will cover the shirt, printing, prizes and the first round of beer when we meet on Friday night. :beer: The shirts are a bit more money, but, they are unique again for this meet and being a poly/cotton blended shirt it'll last you for years.

Please send payment as soon as you can so I don't have this order sitting on my credit card for too long. If you could send payment by July 15th I'd really appreciate it as I'll be away on my Alaska adventure ride.

PayPal Information

Send payments from paypal to - superfunkomatic@shaw.ca

Here's the link for Paypal - Send Money Online

Contact Me

If you need to contact me for other payment methods please drop me a line at superfunkomatic@shaw.ca

• Member Contributer

I don't know if anyone else has hit this, but all I get is a "fatal error" when I use that link.

I just went straight to PayPal and sent $42 to SuperFunkOmatic's Shaw address. No problem there.

• Member Contributer

I don't know if anyone else has hit this, but all I get is a "fatal error" when I use that link.

I just went straight to PayPal and sent $42 to SuperFunkOmatic's Shaw address. No problem there.

Same here. Payment sent.

Thanks Superfunkomatic!! I appreciate all your work.

C

• Member Contributer

Not to worry. Go to 'send money' and use my 'superfunkomatic@shaw.ca' e-mail. Bob's your uncle :fing02:

The email address works just fine. Thanks again, Funky, for all your work organizing the meet. This will be my first VFRD event--is there a secret handshake? Is HS bringing a new flaf? I'm looking forward to it. biggrin.gif

• Member Contributer

Thanks Mike! $ sent

"The total cost per person will work out to $42.00. That will cover the shirt, printing, prizes and the first round of beer when we meet on Friday night. The shirts are a bit more money, but, they are unique again for this meet and being a poly/cotton blended shirt it'll last you for years."

Woo Hoo Does this mean since I got Two that would be one beer per shirt :biggrin: That will be a start :goofy:

Looking forward to riding up North again.

Gary

• Member Contributer

I'm trying to get Okanagan Spring to sponsor us. I'm making the facebook application now. I'll post the link soon.

SG

Okay, here's the link. Go vote guys, free beer is a possibility!!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/okspring?sk=app_202780373092068

Not up yet. Crap. I'll let you know when it is.

• Member Contributer

I'm trying to get Okanagan Spring to sponsor us. I'm making the facebook application now. I'll post the link soon.

SG

Okay, here's the link. Go vote guys, free beer is a possibility!!!!!

http://www.facebook....202780373092068

Not up yet. Crap. I'll let you know when it is.

Free beer?!?!?!? Oh I don't know, I'm not sure...................................................... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......................................... blink.gifblink.gifblink.gif

PS So, ya coming with us?!? Come on!! You know you want to!!! biggrin.gif

Yep. Two beers to start the first night off. :beer:

Just for you, Gary.

Thanks Mike! $ sent

"The total cost per person will work out to $42.00. That will cover the shirt, printing, prizes and the first round of beer when we meet on Friday night. The shirts are a bit more money, but, they are unique again for this meet and being a poly/cotton blended shirt it'll last you for years."

Woo Hoo Does this mean since I got Two that would be one beer per shirt :biggrin: That will be a start :goofy:

Looking forward to riding up North again.

Gary

Could one of the 'merican folks PM me? I might need to ask a favour.

The t-shirt company in the US might not ship things to Canada (not sure why, but…) I may need to ask one of your to accept the order and redirect the shipping from your location to l'il ol' me up here in Canada.

Let me know if you can help out - I'll pay any shipping costs just want to make sure the t-shirts are on their way before I leave for the next three weeks.

mike

Edit - Thanks to Gary/V-Fore for stepping up to handle this. Why American businesses are so reluctant to fill out 5 minutes of paperwork for things to cross the border is beyond me.

• Member Contributer

PS So, ya coming with us?!? Come on!! You know you want to!!!

I'm still waiting for parts. . . not charging. The bike is running and there's about a day of work to do . . . if no more issues arise. Part of the fun.

When I get the sponsor link started, I'll start a new thread to have everyone vote for it. I think we have a great chance of getting it. I'll let you know.

SG

• Member Contributer

Okay, the our Sponsor Me Spring add has been approved! Lets make this happen guys. Click on the link below, then on "Vote". If you don't see our add, type "VFRD" in the search. Vote, the more we get, the more chance we have to win this. Have your friends and family vote too. Only once a day, but lets make sure we get the fun pack!

SG

http://www.facebook.com/okspring

• Member Contributer

Okay, the our Sponsor Me Spring add has been approved! Lets make this happen guys. Click on the link below, then on "Vote". If you don't see our add, type "VFRD" in the search. Vote, the more we get, the more chance we have to win this. Have your friends and family vote too. Only once a day, but lets make sure we get the fun pack!

SG

http://www.facebook.com/okspring

Thanks for doing this, Stéphane, and I have voted, but we have five votes and AoA in Armstrong has 1904. I am not holding my breath!

• Member Contributer

The ST1100/1300 crowd was in Nelson a few weeks ago. I spoke to a few in Kaslo who said they had over 200 attendees. I kept hearing them arrive in town as my office is at the highway intersection.

Oh and the roads are a mess around here right now but should be clear for the meet. Just outside of Nelson they are repaving the highway towards Kaslo. I don't know how much they are doing though. And in Kaslo the road is being chipsealed / sealcoated (not sure what the correct term is). There's gravel everywhere. But since the highway to New Denver was done a couple of years ago I don't expect any road work there.

• Member Contributer

Thanks Mike. Money sent and a couple of votes for the free beer too.

Now all I need to do is find a room. :mellow:

Paul.

Edit:

Whoo Hoo, just managed to get a room at the Hume, just a block away, I think I can manage to stumble that far after a night of entertainment. ( Just not the great Cory, or whatever his name was. :ohmy: )

• Forum CEO

I will be there, I doubt I will ride though after being on the road for couple of weeks I will need a rest day, I want to check out that hot springs up the road from Nelson Saturday and perhaps just site see a bit, it sure is pretty up there!

Ainsworth hot springs is nice and only about a 30 minute ride away. Nice way to relax.

They have a cave tour at the pool where you can walk through the hot springs - pretty cool.

I will be there, I doubt I will ride though after being on the road for couple of weeks I will need a rest day, I want to check out that hot springs up the road from Nelson Saturday and perhaps just site see a bit, it sure is pretty up there!

Ainsworth hot springs is nice and only about a 30 minute ride away. Nice way to relax.

They have a cave tour at the pool where you can walk through the hot springs - pretty cool.

Count me n for hotspring ride!

Archived