2011 Kootenay Hootenanny 2 - PNW/Canada Meet in Nelson, BC

superfunkomatic

Long or short day ride?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have a long or short day ride at the meet (350 or 500+ kilometers)?

• Member Contributer

Turn on 'Dancing Queen' have a few brew and open up the lanes. :laughing6-hehe:

You may think I'm kidding, but… I ain't.

Bowling in the dark? With neon lights, black lights and Abba music in the background?!?!?! :blink: :blink: :blink:

With enough booze, maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe, just maaaaaaaaaaaaybe!! :computer-noworky:

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Turn on 'Dancing Queen' have a few brew and open up the lanes. :laughing6-hehe:

You may think I'm kidding, but… I ain't.

Bowling in the dark? With neon lights, black lights and Abba music in the background?!?!?! :blink: :blink: :blink:

Last time bowling, every other frame Beer Frame....Needless to say I went home with the Shoes :biggrin:

Boy the '80's were fun, what I remember

Somehow, Gary, I can picture you with long hair, tight pants, the unbuttoned shirt and those trendy booties on.... Unless your style was more like the Dude's!! You know, The Dude?? :goofy: (loved the movie btw)

Oh wait!!! ................. never mind. :laughing6-hehe:

C

Can people that are confirmed send me their t-shirts sizes and the number of shirts they'd like. I'm going to find out about silkscreening/embroidery costs over the next few weeks. If I have a better idea of the numbers then I can get a quote. Hope everyone is out and riding by now.

mike

• Member Contributer

Not totally 100% confirmed yet, but size XL..99% and my friend might want to tag along if yall don't mind a 650 bandit following us.

• Member Contributer

Well, I was just thinking about that today, check the good ol' VFRD and sure enough, it is on. I would really like to join you guys, but I don't have a VFR. I do however have a V4, so do I qualify? I'll have to check the reliability but I think it will be fine. And because I will cancel the oil injection, refueling will be a bit problematic, but by the time it is happening, I will know know for sure. I'm rebuilding the engine right now, should be on the road by the end of the month.

Last time, we stayed at a B&B, so I might do the same. I had such a blast that I'll do whatever I can to make this one happen. So, put me as a strong maybe.

• Member Contributer

In the thread is fine. Thanks, C.

Did you want this info in PMs or in this thread? 1 M for me.

C

Mike, please allow me to change my mind and ask for a L instead--I'd rather have a tad too big than a tad too small. Plus, I'm going to start working out --ahem ahem cough cough........ any day now, right? laughing6-hehe.gif So I should ask for bigger.

Thanks.

C

A strong maybe it is.

I'm actually tempted to ride my KLR out there but that wouldn't be in the spirit of organizing the event. :laughing6-hehe:

Hope you can make it, Stéphane.

Well, I was just thinking about that today, check the good ol' VFRD and sure enough, it is on. I would really like to join you guys, but I don't have a VFR. I do however have a V4, so do I qualify? I'll have to check the reliability but I think it will be fine. And because I will cancel the oil injection, refueling will be a bit problematic, but by the time it is happening, I will know know for sure. I'm rebuilding the engine right now, should be on the road by the end of the month.

Last time, we stayed at a B&B, so I might do the same. I had such a blast that I'll do whatever I can to make this one happen. So, put me as a strong maybe.

No problem.

You might want to get a large with xxl sleeves for the massive pipes you'll be wielding after working out. :laughing6-hehe:

In the thread is fine. Thanks, C.

Did you want this info in PMs or in this thread? 1 M for me.

C

Mike, please allow me to change my mind and ask for a L instead--I'd rather have a tad too big than a tad too small. Plus, I'm going to start working out --ahem ahem cough cough........ any day now, right? laughing6-hehe.gif So I should ask for bigger.

Thanks.

C

• Member Contributer

I see this thread has life once again... and now it has threads as well. Count me in for a large if you would Mike.

Hard to believe that summer is almost here considering the weather still requires a winter jacket half the time. I got frustrated with taking the 4x4 to work so I've just resigned myself to riding to work in the rain.:musik20:

BC

• Member Contributer

That's a lot of mixing. Should be interesting to see.

• Member Contributer

Can people that are confirmed send me their t-shirts sizes and the number of shirts they'd like. I'm going to find out about silkscreening/embroidery costs over the next few weeks. If I have a better idea of the numbers then I can get a quote. Hope everyone is out and riding by now.

mike

I'd like an XL. Thanks...

• Member Contributer

It might be a bit early, but any of you leaving from the lower mainland? Just like last year, I can accommodate couple of guys at my house in Abbotsford. If I go, I will be making quite a few stops, so that may or may not appeal to some of you. My bike isn't a VFR, so the comfort level of it and my aging carcass will require frequent stops. I think I might even do it in 2 days. I know, it's early.

Also, If anyone needs a place to crash on the way there from points east (Saskatchewan and eastern Canada) or from the US. You're welcome to come and stay at my place in Calgary. We have room in the basement for a few folks.

mike

Just thinking about t-shirts and shirts for the meet this year. Trying to do something a bit different.

What do you think of this shirt design with some silkscreening/embroidered meet logo on it? Kinda the funky mechanic type/bowling shirt. They are about the same cost as a good t-shirt. Food for thought….

dashack_2154_1152091.jpg

I'll probably order one of these Charlie Sheen bowling/work shirts just because. Give me a few days. Need to save beer money. :beer::beer::beer:

That's a lot of mixing. Should be interesting to see.

• Member Contributer

I've just resigned myself to riding to work in the rain.:musik20:

BC

You say it like its a bad thing :laughing6-hehe:

All you need is good Rain Gear :fing02: .....So far I have driven my car only about 8 days this past winter :blink:

Gary

• Member Contributer

I am heading out on Thursday night towards Revelstoke, camp the night in that area. Cross Galena Bay ferry to Nakusp then to Nelson.

Archived