2011 Kootenay Hootenanny 2 - PNW/Canada Meet in Nelson, BC

superfunkomatic

Long or short day ride?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have a long or short day ride at the meet (350 or 500+ kilometers)?

Still waiting for a few folks to respond with their t-shirt sizes.

It's beginning to look like this year's meet is going to be a relatively small group - 14-20 (which is fine by me). Many of the folks that showed initial interest have other commitments or plans. Please take a few minutes to confirm you are coming if you haven't already contacted me.

Thanks,

mike

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I'm still in sharing a room with BCmcrider. It seems that this thread is getting harder to find? Why is it not in the Canada section?

Yes, I actually posted a link to this event in the Canada section and it was blasted.. mods... what's up?

• Member Contributer

Rumour has it I will be in Scotland. Dammit. I will be thinking about you guys while I sip on a fine 25 year old single malt at the Highland Park Distillery

• Member Contributer

Some Saturday or Sunday, I just may make a point of that. Maybe I will grab the Rat Pack nad do the Duff one this year. This working Monday to Friday sux. Wished I had my 4 and 4 back.

It's on the homepage on the left side. HS thought it best to move it into the VFRD organized rides thread.

Still here just a different place.

I'm still in sharing a room with BCmcrider. It seems that this thread is getting harder to find? Why is it not in the Canada section?

Yes, I actually posted a link to this event in the Canada section and it was blasted.. mods... what's up?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

It's on the homepage on the left side. HS thought it best to move it into the VFRD organized rides thread.

Geez, don't come around here for a few months and things move around a little bit :)

Mike, I am still planning on attending, and need one XL shirt please - I am sure I have already booked a room... I may need to phone the Grand just to check!

Stephane, I will be riding up on the KLR, and I can handle a lot of stops - although I plan to ride up in one day from Vancouver.

Tony,

Thanks for the update, Tony.

Geez, don't come around here for a few months and things move around a little bit :)

Mike, I am still planning on attending, and need one XL shirt please - I am sure I have already booked a room... I may need to phone the Grand just to check!

Stephane, I will be riding up on the KLR, and I can handle a lot of stops - although I plan to ride up in one day from Vancouver.

Tony,

• Member Contributer

BUMP!

Anyone else hasn't seen this and would like to join us?? There are plenty of bedding options in the area, although it will be peak season so you best book early.

Anyway, who's going to start the count for how many nights of sleep before riding to Nelson?? :blink::laughing6-hehe:

C

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Shirt deadline - June 30th. Please make sure to drop me a line before then.

Do you promise we'll look like Charlie Sheen with these on? Now where the heck did the shirt link go? Can't find it.

Meh... close enough.

gallery_17747_5296_8782.jpg

• Member Contributer

I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass but could someone post a condensed version of this trip itinerary? I live in Merritt and am thinking on joining in the ride!

All the basic info is in the first post of the thread. August 19-21. Day ride from Merritt for you. Send me a PM if you have any questions.

I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass but could someone post a condensed version of this trip itinerary? I live in Merritt and am thinking on joining in the ride!

For those still considering t-shirts, here's the type of shirt again (may actually have a red centre part, I'll see what's available). Please let me know if you want one before June 30th. I'll place the order before I leave for my first trip.

27439_3811-two-tone-short-sleeve-work-shirt_large.jpg

I'll give everyone the paypal information when I know the total costs.

Some people have also paid by interac online through their bank account.

Should know around the first week in July.

I'll keep you posted.

When do we pay for the shirts?

• Member Contributer

Thanks for all the work on this Mike :beer:

Looking forward to buying you a beer!

Gary

Gotcha!

Looks like we'll have about 15-18 people at the meet this time.

Miguel will also be coming for those that would like to meet the CEO of VFRD.

Hi Mike, I'm in for a Large shirt please.

Thanks,

Paul.

• Member Contributer

Thanks for all the work on this Mike :beer:

Looking forward to buying you a beer!

Gary

Ditto here-about the work, not the beer... Just kidding!

Archived