2011 Kootenay Hootenanny 2 - PNW/Canada Meet in Nelson, BC

superfunkomatic

Long or short day ride?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have a long or short day ride at the meet (350 or 500+ kilometers)?

Get your drink on, Gary. Haha.

Seriously - the last few rooms in the group block booking are still available. After those are gone they'll take bookings that are available in the hotel (which will be few and far between - get your booking in!). Otherwise, seek lodging at the other options listed in the initial post.

mike

Damn! It'll he hard to impress Squamish now!! Maybe with our drinking? Or if I can get my off road skills up to v-fore's?!? But that bastage set the bar high...

In the meantime, season's greetings everyone!

C

Ok that gives me time to practice my Drinking, now I have a reason :cheerleader: :cheerleader: Happy Holiday everyone!!

Gary

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Damn! It'll he hard to impress Squamish now!! Maybe with our drinking? Or if I can get my off road skills up to v-fore's?!? But that bastage set the bar high...

In the meantime, season's greetings everyone!

C

Ok that gives me time to practice my Drinking, now I have a reason :cheerleader: :cheerleader: Happy Holiday everyone!!

Gary

Yep, I can vouch for you Gary, as I was right on your tail and watched you pull that somewhat unbelievable maneuver with finesse and a touch of bravado. I though maybe you'd just ridden over the bank to pick up a roadside treasure of some sort but then when you came shooting back onto the road, I guessed it may not have been intentional. The only thing that would have made it better is a wheelie as you hooked up on the pavement after leaving the gravel.

Looking forward to next year's adventures.

Ian

• 5 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Hey guys, +1 for the trip. Just booked a room. According to the recptionist there were still a couple of rooms blocked for the group if anyone else is thinking of it. If anyone is heading down through/from calgary to get there let me know! August is going to be LONG wait.

Awesome. I've added you to the list of folks coming to the meet.

I know the feeling about the wait. Two more months until we can ride again here in Calgary. If I'm back from my other trip in time maybe a few of us can ride out together (there are 4-5 people from the Calgary and surrounding area).

mike

Hey guys, +1 for the trip. Just booked a room. According to the recptionist there were still a couple of rooms blocked for the group if anyone else is thinking of it. If anyone is heading down through/from calgary to get there let me know! August is going to be LONG wait.

Just booked my room at the Hume. I love Nelson and my wife and I are talking about moving there someday. Hopefully sooner than later.

I haven't ridden in several weeks, but may go out today. Getting a little break from the incessent rain. Probably ride up from Duvall to Everett to see my 98-year-old Grandma and play some disc golf at a new course.

Thanks for organizing this year's event Superfunky.

Glad to hear you're confirmed.

Looks like it's shaping up to be a good sized and good natured crew.

Maybe we'll have another late night beer and politics session like last year. We closed the place out! ;)

Just booked my room at the Hume. I love Nelson and my wife and I are talking about moving there someday. Hopefully sooner than later.

I haven't ridden in several weeks, but may go out today. Getting a little break from the incessent rain. Probably ride up from Duvall to Everett to see my 98-year-old Grandma and play some disc golf at a new course.

Thanks for organizing this year's event Superfunky.

• Member Contributer

Greeting's all.

I have a chance on getting the following item for those of you who do not have a water proof Garmin / TomTom or KungFU-Panda GPS. I have not seen said item, but from what I have read, it works, a little bulky but better than a plastic baggy. Follow the attched link, let me know if it is a worth while venture. Fits Nuvi series and wide screens

http://www.gpscity.ca/ram-mount-aqua-box-cradle-wide-ram-hol-aq6u.html

BTW - this has nothing to do with GPS city in anyway, shape of form.

Thanx, Miguel.

Could you pin it to make it easier to find, or create a dummy post in the Canada forum that points to this post.

For some reason it doesn't show up near the top of the PNW topics.

Since you decided to call it the PNW meet I went ahead and moved this event to the vfrd major events forum under the pnw section.

About 6 hours from Chilliwack to Nelson.

Keep me posted if you can make it and I'll add you to the list of attendees.

Hmmmm...

Not far at all and family in the area. Maybe I'll have to get myself to one of these things this year!

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Now its just plain Teasing...Looking forward to this :fing02: Spring is almost here.... I rode the VFR to work on Monday :bliss: but now its back to rain, rain, & a little more rain at least I stay pretty dry on the Commuter :fing02:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Same here. Holidays booked, trying to make it work.

I'll tape over the CBR and write in VFR.

• Member Contributer

I'm getting in this a bit late, but would like to come. Does anybody have a room booked still need or mind having a roomate? Had a blast in troutdale last summer and looking forward to seeing you all again.

• Member Contributer

Confirmed, booked in at the hotel & looking forward to seeing everyone again! and enjoying the Beautiful BC Roads :fing02: but without any jaunts through fields :blink:

Gary

What??! Watching your awsome VFR offroad skills was the highlight of my trip last year!!! Were it me...I'd have gone over; you came outa there like the cover of Meatloaf Bat out of hell!!

If only that R1 rider had had your skills, Gary!

• Member Contributer

Confirmed, booked in at the hotel & looking forward to seeing everyone again! and enjoying the Beautiful BC Roads :fing02: but without any jaunts through fields :blink:

Gary

What??! Watching your awsome VFR offroad skills was the highlight of my trip last year!!! Were it me...I'd have gone over; you came outa there like the cover of Meatloaf Bat out of hell!!

If only that R1 rider had had your skills, Gary!

Thanks for the kind words David!

My Skills helped me out this morning when I got a flat on the rear of my commuter...thirty seven miles on a new tire :angry: what a way to start a Monday morning

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Gary

• 1 month later...

Just thinking about t-shirts and shirts for the meet this year. Trying to do something a bit different.

What do you think of this shirt design with some silkscreening/embroidered meet logo on it? Kinda the funky mechanic type/bowling shirt. They are about the same cost as a good t-shirt. Food for thought….

dashack_2154_1152091.jpg

• Member Contributer

Just thinking about t-shirts and shirts for the meet this year. Trying to do something a bit different.

What do you think of this shirt design with some silkscreening/embroidered meet logo on it? Kinda the funky mechanic type/bowling shirt. They are about the same cost as a good t-shirt. Food for thought….

That would be cool :fing02: Kind of upscale...refined.... like the VFR :biggrin:

Now you're talking.

I've also considered a few new events this year - maybe a pool tourney or dart tournament, maybe even, wait for it - a bowling tourney! :laughing6-hehe:

Thos shirts are totally funk-o-matic!

• Member Contributer

Now you're talking.

I've also considered a few new events this year - maybe a pool tourney or dart tournament, maybe even, wait for it - a bowling tourney! :laughing6-hehe:

Thos shirts are totally funk-o-matic!

Bowling in the dark? With neon lights, black lights and Abba music in the background?!?!?! :blink: :blink: :blink:

Turn on 'Dancing Queen' have a few brew and open up the lanes. :laughing6-hehe:

You may think I'm kidding, but… I ain't.

Bowling in the dark? With neon lights, black lights and Abba music in the background?!?!?! :blink: :blink: :blink:

• Member Contributer

Turn on 'Dancing Queen' have a few brew and open up the lanes. :laughing6-hehe:

You may think I'm kidding, but… I ain't.

Last time bowling, every other frame Beer Frame....Needless to say I went home with the Shoes :biggrin:

Boy the '80's were fun, what I remember

Archived