2011 Kootenay Hootenanny 2 - PNW/Canada Meet in Nelson, BC

superfunkomatic

Long or short day ride?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have a long or short day ride at the meet (350 or 500+ kilometers)?

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I've booked a room for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. A friend from Montana may join me on his ST 1100.

SponsorshipThe only negative one was the crappy one-man band. I'll talk to the owners about this.

What are you saying? I bought a cd from that guy. :laughing6-hehe:

• Member Contributer

Flying up there solo...Anyone else looking for a Non Spooning, Non Axe Murdering Fellow rider to share a room with?? I have a reference :laughing6-hehe:

My Reference

Gary

Shows what happens when you don't log on for a few days...

I can indeed confirm that there was no spooning from V-fore... that I'm aware of.

:beer:

I'm sharing with Squamish this summer as far as I know.

Mike, did you get the room booked?

Looking forward to the "vacation in a weekend".

Also looking forward to the ride home today. Insured till the 19th but it's getting a bit rainy now.

BC

• Member Contributer

Hey Guys,

Glad to see you're booked and ready to go..... :fing02: mentally anyway. :biggrin: But Mike, there's the small detail of the skiing season to go through first. Don't know about you, but it'll be a long non-riding season here in the lower mainlands. :angry:

Looking forward to seeing you out there and share a pint of .... Nelson Brewery ale or something.

Cheers,

Christian

PS So, we're switching hotel room partners, is this right?!?!? :blink: hmmmmmmm. :blink: :blink: :blink:

• Member Contributer
PolarBear

Hey Guys,

Glad to see you're booked and ready to go..... :fing02: mentally anyway. :biggrin: But Mike, there's the small detail of the skiing season to go through first. Don't know about you, but it'll be a long non-riding season here in the lower mainlands. :angry:

Long non riding season in Vancouver... ha.... Move to Edmonton.......... damn Alberta weather.

• Member Contributer
PolarBear

Hey Guys,

Long non riding season in Vancouver... ha.... Move to Edmonton.......... damn Alberta weather.

I lived there for several years, and then I moved out here, thinking I could ride all year round... :angry: Not true, unless you're really oblivious to cold, and you have studded tires for the occasional snowfall, and ... you don't have little ones to drive to daycare every day... :happy: But i do miss the cold you guys get out there!! Seriously. :fing02: ....................................... :laughing6-hehe: At least, you guys can ride snowmobiles, right? Almost like a motorcycle, right??? ....................................... :blink:

So, you're coming too to Nelson, right Gerry? Booked you??

Christian

• Member Contributer

Christian,

All booked for Friday and Saturday. The "still in the works Plan" is to leave Sunday am and make my way to Victoria. Spend a few days on the Island to visit family ( when I am not riding). :biggrin:

Gerry

Hey Guys,

Looking forward to seeing you out there and share a pint of .... Nelson Brewery ale or something.

Cheers,

Christian

PS So, we're switching hotel room partners, is this right?!?!? :blink: hmmmmmmm. :blink: :blink: :blink:

If you are coming up my way bring your skis for sure and we will go for a few turns and some Apres. Do yo think you might actually make it up?

Did I arrange to share a room with you and forgot about it? Geez I hope not. I'm not opposed to throwing a cott in the room to drive the cost down either but the third wheel gets the cott!!

I'm also not opposed to stretching the trip out one side or the other if someone or a couple of someones want to make a longer trip out of it.

• Member Contributer

Hey Guys,

Cheers,

Christian

If you are coming up my way bring your skis for sure and we will go for a few turns and some Apres. Do yo think you might actually make it up?

Did I arrange to share a room with you and forgot about it? Geez I hope not. I'm not opposed to throwing a cott in the room to drive the cost down either but the third wheel gets the cott!!

I'm also not opposed to stretching the trip out one side or the other if someone or a couple of someones want to make a longer trip out of it.

Hey Mike,

No, didn't have any arrangement with me, so it's all good. What I meant --I probably wasn't clear enough--was that BCMCRider shared with V-Fore last year I think and I shared with you, and this year I'm sharing with V-Fore and BCMC is sharing with you. Simple swap. In any case, as long as everyone has a room, it's all good.

As for skiing, I haven't skied in a long time, but if I do decide to go, I'll let you know. Question is: will you be bale to keep up with me?!? laughing6-hehe.gif kidding.

Cheers my friend!

C

• Member Contributer

I just booked my room at the New Grand. I reserved an economy/single room for 3 nights for myself (I tend to snore, just ask didit, radar, snakeman, thumper8, tyke... :musik20: ).

FYI - If you booked a room using the NG's on-line reservation system and didn't get a return call or email to confirm your reservation, give the hotel a call. I was told my Nov 6th reservation didn't get processed because their on-line system has been deleting reservation requests the last couple of weeks.

I'll be taking the following week off from work and I'm already planning my route to extend my travels in BC and then visit Glacier National Park.

Kevin

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Will have to see which week the monsters are at camp ~ will be staying in Fairmont but probably riding up through the Nelson area at some point. The wife and I really like Ainsworth because we can park the bike at the motel and walk to the hot springs, but other than that it certainly doesn't have the same amenities (The Amazing McRory :bliss: ) you can find in Nelson.

One of these years you guys will have to plan this for the same weekend they have the nude bicycle parade ~ NTGATT lol

• Member Contributer

Will have to see which week the monsters are at camp ~

Will choose monsters' camp according to this meet's schedule. We will be staying in Fairmont but probably riding up through the Nelson area at some point. The wife and I really like Ainsworth because we can park the bike at the motel and walk to the hot springs, but other than that it certainly doesn't have the same amenities (The Amazing McRory :bliss: ) you can find in Nelson.

One of these years you guys will have to plan this for the same weekend they have the nude bicycle parade ~ NTGATT lol

There, fixed it for you. :biggrin:

See you there!!! :fing02: :wheel:

Christian

• 2 weeks later...

Any other confirmed riders? I know it's still a ways away yet.

In the new year I'll have the t-shirt information. Routes will likely be similar to last time - read: exactly the same.

If you're interested in coming make a booking for a room very soon. Many hotels are already booked for next summer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

In the new year I'll have the t-shirt information. Routes will likely be similar to last time - read: exactly the same.

If you're interested in coming make a booking for a room very soon. Many hotels are already booked for next summer.

I'm going to inquire - I'm late to the party. I'll give a yes / no soon.

Curry

• Member Contributer

Confirmed, booked in at the hotel & looking forward to seeing everyone again! and enjoying the Beautiful BC Roads :fing02: but without any jaunts through fields :blink:

Gary

Confirmed, booked in at the hotel & looking forward to seeing everyone again! and enjoying the Beautiful BC Roads :fing02: but without any jaunts through fields :blink:

Gary

What??! Watching your awsome VFR offroad skills was the highlight of my trip last year!!! Were it me...I'd have gone over; you came outa there like the cover of Meatloaf Bat out of hell!!

• Member Contributer

Damn! It'll he hard to impress Squamish now!! Maybe with our drinking? Or if I can get my off road skills up to v-fore's?!? But that bastage set the bar high...

In the meantime, season's greetings everyone!

C

• Member Contributer

Damn! It'll he hard to impress Squamish now!! Maybe with our drinking? Or if I can get my off road skills up to v-fore's?!? But that bastage set the bar high...

In the meantime, season's greetings everyone!

C

Ok that gives me time to practice my Drinking, now I have a reason :cheerleader: :cheerleader: Happy Holiday everyone!!

Gary

• Member Contributer

...got my room booked. Can't wait for some warm Canadian summer sun, and a cold Canadian beer or two in the evenings!..

+1.gif :beer:

Archived