2011 Kootenay Hootenanny 2 - PNW/Canada Meet in Nelson, BC

superfunkomatic

Long or short day ride?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have a long or short day ride at the meet (350 or 500+ kilometers)?

• Member Contributer

Heads-up to out of province riders that BC's new speeding laws are being vigourously enforced this summer, and 40 kph over the limit leads to vehicle impoundment. Evidently lots of out of province (read Alberta and Washington State) motorists are being caught now that the summer holidays are here. Pick your spots before rippin' it up!

Here is the latest impoundment story.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Hey Mike,

Did the Honda dealer (Main Jet) mention anything about giving us a deal on accessories and tires? I will need a new set of tires soon and maybe if the price is right and they can fit me in I'll have it done out there.

Thanks,

Christian

He hasn't said yet. If you'd like to help out you could contact him and see what kind of sponsorship he's willing to offer. I'm in Eagle Plains today - about 400 kilometers from the 'end of the road' in Inuvik.

mike

• Member Contributer

It's official! I won't be going.

I'm still waiting for parts for my bike, and I'm going on a hunting trip on September 1st. So, I have to make a decision and the budget + timeline didn't work in my favour.

Stéphane

Sorry to hear you won't be joining us. Have fun hunting. You guys must start school later out there. I'll be back at work before the long weekend.

It's official! I won't be going.

I'm still waiting for parts for my bike, and I'm going on a hunting trip on September 1st. So, I have to make a decision and the budget + timeline didn't work in my favour.

Stéphane

• Member Contributer

Sorry to hear! We'll do a wheelie thinking of you then ...... Ok maybe we'll have a beer thinking of you for us who can't wheelie ....

C

• Member Contributer

He hasn't said yet. If you'd like to help out you could contact him and see what kind of sponsorship he's willing to offer. I'm in Eagle Plains today - about 400 kilometers from the 'end of the road' in Inuvik.

mike

Mike, I am on my way to Nelson today from Vernon. We will be camping in the area so I can stop by and ask what they would do for a discount / prizes if they have not already sent you the info. I PM'D you my cell # so you can send me a text and let me know if you want me to do this. I will not have any computer access for the next 7 days or so but I can still get texts in the area we will be in.

Gerry

• Member Contributer

Sorry to hear! We'll do a wheelie thinking of you then ...... Ok maybe we'll have a beer thinking of you for us who can't wheelie ....

C

EDIT: I can't believe you prefer the company of deer or any other big game over ours!!! This hurts my feelings... 491.gif

• Member Contributer

C

EDIT: I can't believe you prefer the company of deer or any other big game over ours!!! This hurts my feelings... 491.gif

Well, I'm sorry you feel that, but the major issue is I still don't have a motorcycle, so that pretty much made the decision for me. I'm waiting for parts from Singapore, and from the dealer. Then, I have to figure out why the tach isn't working. Long story short, I had to make a decision and hunting seemed like the easiest one.

Enjoy the trip guys, I wish I could go, but I just can't this year.

Looks like just about everyone has paid for shirts. With the flurry of e-mails from paypal while I was away I forgot to coordinate - paypal name, member name, real name.

Could you send me a PM with:

1. Your 'real' name
  2. Your screen name
  3. Paypal Name

I'll use this to confirm everyone's payments and also create some name tags for the first night.

Thanx

mike

• Member Contributer

Well, gentlemen, it is getting closer to D-day! Last chance for people who haven't noticed this thread to join in. Who wants to start the sleep count??

C

PS Anyone booked The Incredible Rowry yet?!??! (or whatever his name was...)

• Member Contributer

Well, gentlemen, it is getting closer to D-day! Last chance for people who haven't noticed this thread to join in. Who wants to start the sleep count??

C

PS Anyone booked The Incredible Rowry yet?!??! (or whatever his name was...)

That would be the amazing McRorie - Live Electronic! at http://mcrorie.net/

I think you better clear this with Radar first, or at least make sure he's fully sedated :beer: before the repeat performance. You've been warned... :ph34r:

Edit - You're safe booking McRorie. Radar has other travel plans and won't be joining us this year.

• Member Contributer

C

I am leaving Thursday night and headed towards Revelstoke - Hope to cross over to Nakusp and spend the night. Get up in the AM and burn around.

T-shirts arrived today and are off getting printed. They're going to look nicey nicey!

Just have to arrange the prizes and awards and we'll be all set.

Looks like most people are in for a short day ride. We can take a vote when we all get together and if someone wants to lead longer/smaller rides we can have smaller groups go on different rides.

Now, everyone talk to your weather deity and make sure we have good weather. :biggrin:

Some of you may be leaving earlier than others. If you have an emergency or anything comes up please call me, or text me, to let me know - (403) 874-9254 - mike

• Member Contributer

C

I am leaving Thursday night and headed towards Revelstoke - Hope to cross over to Nakusp and spend the night. Get up in the AM and burn around.

I'm doing something similar although not identical since I'm starting from BC. In any case, wave if you see a similar "you" riding around--6th gen with hi-viz vest. I should go through Nakusp late in the afternoon of the Friday.

Cya in Nelson!!

C

PS 9 sleeps??

• Member Contributer

C

PS 9 sleeps??

9 sleeps... that puts it into perspective.... time to do an oil change and general checkover.

Trying not to get too pumped too early but... :biggrin: :biggrin: :cheerleader:

• Member Contributer

Ian and I ( maybe Bo) are going from Squamish to Cashe Creek Over the duffy on Thurs afternoon if anyone wants to come along?

Thursday is going to be a sweet morning getting up at the usual time but turning left on the highway instead of straight across to work.

Funk, we're going to have to do a group pic with the Sheen shirts,,, you know, otherwise, who would believe it.

Damn it, I'm not supposed to be getting pumped about this yet,,, still to far off. :comp13:

Stephane' did you change your mind yet? You know you can't resist the call of the hootenanny.

You know we will! We'll look like a group of gas station attendants or a couple dozen 'Sheens'. :laughing6-hehe:

Funk, we're going to have to do a group pic with the Sheen shirts,,, you know, otherwise, who would believe it.

• Member Contributer

C

I'm doing something similar although not identical since I'm starting from BC. In any case, wave if you see a similar "you" riding around--6th gen with hi-viz vest. I should go through Nakusp late in the afternoon of the Friday.

Cya in Nelson!!

C

PS 9 sleeps??

C,

My plan is to screw away the am by crossing the ferry and heading down the hwy towards Edgewood, Cherryville, turn around and then head to Nelson...... just because the road has corners unlike Alberta.

Pm'd you my cell #. As you said, look for the HI-VIS.

Ride safe

• Member Contributer

I'm out. I have to go to Vancouver next week for work. Unfortunately I won't be back in time for the meet.

Mike - I still owe you for the shirt. Or if someone wants an extra medium then it's available. I'm the non-PayPal guy, so let me know how I can get you the money.

• Member Contributer

I'm out. I have to go to Vancouver next week for work. Unfortunately I won't be back in time for the meet.

Mike - I still owe you for the shirt. Or if someone wants an extra medium then it's available. I'm the non-PayPal guy, so let me know how I can get you the money.

What's that old saying again: If your work (work?) interferes with your riding, quit! (or something to that effect anyway.

That's too bad Auggius! I'm not sure I'd fit in a medium, and I'm not sure I need TWO Sheen shirts, but if you want to drop off the money on your way to Vancouver and you want me to bring it to Mike next week, let me know. I promise it won't disappear in any frivolous activities.... such as drinking ..... :beer:

I'm in Port Coquitlam btw,and I'M a paypal kinda guy, so if you want to, I could pay Mike as soon as you give me the dough. Just saying.

C

PS Can I have your free beer on the Friday night?!??! :laughing6-hehe: just kidding.

Archived