2011 Kootenay Hootenanny 2 - PNW/Canada Meet in Nelson, BC

superfunkomatic

Long or short day ride?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have a long or short day ride at the meet (350 or 500+ kilometers)?

• Member Contributer

I booked an extra night so will arrive on Thursday and plan to check out Nelson during the day Friday. Everyone ride safely.

. . . and for those arriving from the US, remember your passport!

I will also be arriving Thursday afternoon Cogswell, I'll meet you there and we can check out the "umm fine drinking establishments" .After all we need to find the best tap on hand.

Pierre

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I am now officially on vacation for the next 1.5 weeks. :bliss:

Leaving Thursday to overnight in Winthrop and arriving Nelson around 2 PM on Friday. Staying an extra night in Nelson and then off to Glacier National Park on the return home.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Kevin

PS: US passport - check. :fing02: BC's speed tax enforcement program - noted. :ph34r:

• Member Contributer

Hi Cageless,

Congrats on the Vacation :fing02: I did not know if you knew about the construction on 20 washdot

That is the reason we are going over 2 & up 97 camping outside Loomis & heading up the crowsnest Highway on Friday. Which ever way you go enjoy the Ride! & we will see you in Nelson

Gary

• Member Contributer

Hi Cageless,

Congrats on the Vacation :fing02: I did not know if you knew about the construction on 20 washdot

That is the reason we are going over 2 & up 97 camping outside Loomis & heading up the crowsnest Highway on Friday. Which ever way you go enjoy the Ride! & we will see you in Nelson

Gary

Thanks for the washdot link. I hadn't thought to check on construction and was planning to ride the North Cascades Highway back to the coast to make a loop of it. I rode it several years ago from the Okanagan. (At that time there were fires nearby and it was lightly "snowing" ash in Winthrop.) Do you think the projects the DOT lists will mean long delays?

• Member Contributer

I will also be arriving Thursday afternoon Cogswell, I'll meet you there and we can check out the "umm fine drinking establishments" .After all we need to find the best tap on hand.

Pierre

There are "fine drinking establishments" in Nelson? huh.gif I subscribe to the Groucho philosophy: "I wouldn't want to be a member of a club that would have me as a member."

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the heads up Gary. I didn't know about the extent of the construction, just heard about chip sealing.

I'll chance heading over SR-20 because the WSDOT page said, "Monday, Aug. 15 - Friday, Aug. 19 - We do not expect construction to affect traffic this week."

I'll be wearing my mesh gear and camelbak just in case...

Kevin

Hi Cageless,

Gary

• Forum CEO

I am having bike issues my key broke in the ignition. Tony his stator had a melt down so we are way behind parking lot mechanic sucks.

Just not gonna make it up there running out of time. I was supposed to split off today to run up there but I have to get my ignite sorted out now.

Let us know where you are and maybe someone can detour with parts and help out. Also let us know if Tony needs parts - Honda dealer here could get stuff overnight.

Mike

I am having bike issues my key broke in the ignition. Tony his stator had a melt down so we are way behind parking lot mechanic sucks.

Just not gonna make it up there running out of time. I was supposed to split off today to run up there but I have to get my ignite sorted out now.

Stick a freaking screwdriver in it for the weekend and lets ride!

Awww dude, key problems again!!!!

First Bailey, now you????

Can you hotwire it somehow? Hide an off/on toggle switch out of view, under the bodywork somewhere that only you know about?

I am now officially on vacation for the next 1.5 weeks. :bliss:

Leaving Thursday to overnight in Winthrop and arriving Nelson around 2 PM on Friday. Staying an extra night in Nelson and then off to Glacier National Park on the return home.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Kevin

PS: US passport - check. :fing02: BC's speed tax enforcement program - noted. :ph34r:

I'm thinking about doing the same thing. I have a buddy in Winthrop and will be staying at his cabin but we can hook up for beers possibly call pm me or leave a phone number.

Hope you can make it.

Wow Dean, sorry to hear about your misfortune. I am still figuring this coming weekend out. I am planning on making the trip but my wife's vacation and mine are clashing so I may change my mind at the last minute. I was going to see if you wanted to stay over at my place Dean, like I mentione to you last year in Troutdale, but if I go I will be leaving a day early and stay with some friends in Winthrop.

Superfunky, I will buy the shirt regardless of whether I make it to the meeting or not.

Dean, heal up well my friend.

Lee

I got a new Hemp Jacket and New RKT Helmet from Joe Rocket to test and write a review for Motorcyclist Magazine. Looks like I'm coming. Will overnight in Winthrop with some friends and will try to hook up with Cageless there and we will ride up together.

• Member Contributer

I got a new Hemp Jacket and New RKT Helmet from Joe Rocket to test and write a review for Motorcyclist Magazine. Looks like I'm coming. Will overnight in Winthrop with some friends and will try to hook up with Cageless there and we will ride up together.

Excellent, you can give us a report on hwy 20 road construction as well.

8hrs 24mins till holidays but who's counting?

• Member Contributer

:laughing6-hehe: Yeah, who's counting. My wife called me and said that there is some ridiculously slow construction on #1 around Langley-Abbotsford. If anyone is going this way, try and find an alternate route or maybe hit the road early. I'm leaving tomorrow morning, and I'll do both: take #7 at least to Abbotsford, and then leave as early as I can (6am?!?). Hopefully, I'll get through before the big slow down. Just thought I should let you guys know.

Cya in Nelson in two days!!

C

:laughing6-hehe: Yeah, who's counting. My wife called me and said that there is some ridiculously slow construction on #1 around Langley-Abbotsford. If anyone is going this way, try and find an alternate route or maybe hit the road early. I'm leaving tomorrow morning, and I'll do both: take #7 at least to Abbotsford, and then leave as early as I can (6am?!?). Hopefully, I'll get through before the big slow down. Just thought I should let you guys know.

C

See. Duffy might not be a bad idea eh?

• Member Contributer

Lee - pm sent w/ cell #. I should arrive Winthrop around 3 PM.

Kevin

Kevin

I'm thinking about doing the same thing. I have a buddy in Winthrop and will be staying at his cabin but we can hook up for beers possibly call pm me or leave a phone number.

• Member Contributer

C

A helicopter would be better... :laughing6-hehe: I may just bypass the entire #1 and take the old #7 until I get to #1 and through Lytton and Cache Creek and on to the Shuswap.

Anyway, I'll see you at the corner of #1 and Balmoral in two days at 11am!! Safe riding guys.

C

• Member Contributer

Awww dude, key problems again!!!!

First Bailey, now you????

Can you hotwire it somehow? Hide an off/on toggle switch out of view, under the bodywork somewhere that only you know about?

Ah, man that sucks. Locksmith?

Can you lay it over on it's side and spin it around a couple times? That got the key out of the ol' girl. goofy.gif

• Member Contributer

Just a heads-up that the flat section through the Mt Currie reserve up to the hill / switchbacks is gravel right now - being re-paved. I think it is about 5 km's in total? From BCSB:

"From Pemberton to the start of the switchback climb is all gravel but decent.its just 15 minutes of slow go and then everything fine. "

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?134932-Duffey-Chipping-Paving-Shite...

• Member Contributer

Just a heads-up that the flat section through the Mt Currie reserve up to the hill / switchbacks is gravel right now - being re-paved. I think it is about 5 km's in total? From BCSB:

"From Pemberton to the start of the switchback climb is all gravel but decent.its just 15 minutes of slow go and then everything fine. "

http://www.bcsportbi...Paving-Shite...

Well I guess we're going to be hitting that tomorrow but in 20 minutes, I'm on holidays for most of a month so you won't be able to slap the smile off my face. Bring it on! :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

I'm leaving from here tomorrow pm, then staying the night at my sisters in Creston. I'm expecting to be in Nelson early afternoon Friday, same time as most of you with the sounds of it. :) Can't wait for this to get started now.

Rob, Fiona and I will keep an eye out for you around Creston then.

See ya there, Paul.

I'm leaving from here tomorrow pm, then staying the night at my sisters in Creston. I'm expecting to be in Nelson early afternoon Friday, same time as most of you with the sounds of it. :) Can't wait for this to get started now.

Nice!

Start enjoying your hollies!

Ride safe.

Well I guess we're going to be hitting that tomorrow but in 20 minutes, I'm on holidays for most of a month so you won't be able to slap the smile off my face. Bring it on! :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

Rob, Fiona and I will keep an eye out for you around Creston then.

See ya there, Paul.

What time do you expect to be heading through Creston?

Well it looks like you are going to have one more year to see the new and improved VFRspider . I will be having an Ultrasound and some other test done on my shoulder late Friday pm.

Have fun guys and gals

Snakeman

Archived