2011 Kootenay Hootenanny 2 - PNW/Canada Meet in Nelson, BC

superfunkomatic

Long or short day ride?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have a long or short day ride at the meet (350 or 500+ kilometers)?

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would guess we'd be through Creston around noon.

I'm waiting for some work to be done on my bike (fork seals) so as long as it's done tomorrow we'll be leaving around 6 or 7 am. Should put us near you around noon.

Rob, Fiona and I will keep an eye out for you around Creston then.

See ya there, Paul.

I'm leaving from here tomorrow pm, then staying the night at my sisters in Creston. I'm expecting to be in Nelson early afternoon Friday, same time as most of you with the sounds of it. :) Can't wait for this to get started now.

What time do you expect to be heading through Creston?

• Member Contributer

Dean:

Sorry you can't be at Nelson. Definitely need to be at next year's Colorado meet.

See ya next year.

Well it looks like you are going to have one more year to see the new and improved VFRspider . I will be having an Ultrasound and some other test done on my shoulder late Friday pm.

Have fun guys and gals

Snakeman

I'm waiting for some work to be done on my bike (fork seals) so as long as it's done tomorrow we'll be leaving around 6 or 7 am. Should put us near you around noon.

YIKES, that sounds like the 11th hour!!!

• Member Contributer

Any update on HS?

I was hoping to meet the CEO.

I don't know if he's near civilization, but I had one of those mobile locksmiths pluck the broken key out of a Yamaha ignition many years ago and cut a replacement right on the spot.

Any update on HS?

I was hoping to meet the CEO.

I don't know if he's near civilization, but I had one of those mobile locksmiths pluck the broken key out of a Yamaha ignition many years ago and cut a replacement right on the spot.

He was online about 7 PM today, but no posts.

I hope he and Tony got their issues solved.

I would try to hotwire the bike, but you still need a key to get gas into the damn thing. Ask Baileyrock, he knows. :laughing6-hehe:

Totally! Didn't see the leak until last Friday. I haven't ridden my VFR until last week. Scary, I know. I feel 75% confident it will be ready tomorrow. Haha.

I live in Glendale in the SW.

We could meet at the McDonalds in that megaplex in Shawnessy at say 6:30am?

Does that work for you?

Please PM your cellphone number as my bike may not be ready in time (at Bow Cycle to get fork seals done). Don't want to keep you hanging and I'll let you know if we need to change the meeting time.

Count me in! Where and when. I live in the deep SE, ie Copperfield

• Member Contributer

Totally! Didn't see the leak until last Friday. I haven't ridden my VFR until last week. Scary, I know. I feel 75% confident it will be ready tomorrow. Haha.

11th hour mechanical is better than being ready way too soon and remembering 100 little things that you "might need" thus loading a bunch of unneeded crap into your luggage. :comp13:

I'm on the road at 7:30 tomorrow AM toward Squamish(vfr) and on to Cache Creek. See everyone Friday around dinner time at the hotel in Nelson after we pick up Polarbear on the way through Shuswap in the AM.

Anyone else wanting to join us along the route, pipe up and we'll make arrangements to meet. We'll be heading South from Revelstoke at about 1PM Friday.

BC

:cheerleader::cheerleader: :cheerleader:

gallery_17747_4739_123150.jpg

• Member Contributer

BCm,

If my boss lets me take off early Thursday, I hope to be in Revelstoke Thursday night. If I leave late it will be Friday am. PM'd you my cell.

• Member Contributer

Wow the chatter sure ramps up at departure time doesn't it? See you after lunch Ian!

Yeah, I'm trying to go to bed so I can get an early start tomorrow but I don't dare!!!

I know, I know, I'm adding to this chatter...

Anyway, see you soon people!!! And Mike, I hope you can make it, with your fixed seal and all. If it's not fixed, take the bike anyway and have it fixed in Nelson, just don't use your brakes until you get there... laughing6-hehe.gif

C

If my VFR isn't ready we'll be riding my KLR and loading it up. Not to fear - we'll be there come hell or high water!

Wow the chatter sure ramps up at departure time doesn't it? See you after lunch Ian!

Yeah, I'm trying to go to bed so I can get an early start tomorrow but I don't dare!!!

Anyway, see you soon people!!! And Mike, I hope you can make it, with your fixed seal and all. If it's not fixed, take the bike anyway and have it fixed in Nelson, just don't use your brakes until you get there... laughing6-hehe.gif

C

• Member Contributer

If my VFR isn't ready we'll be riding my KLR and loading it up. Not to fear - we'll be there come hell or high water!

C

Darn! I was hoping to get your free beer if you were late!!! Oh well, I guess I'll have to buy my own. pissed.gif

Looking forward to shaking your hand in Nelson Mike, and to thank you in person for organizing this event.

C

PS Looking forward even more to see Fiona. laughing6-hehe.gif just kiding, just kidding....... !!!!

The pre-meet chatter is always funny.

We'll be there and you can buy me a beer. I'll buy the first few rounds of beers for everyone at 6pm on Friday.

Fiona will be glad to hear that!

People may have thought I was kidding about bowling on day two, I wasn't…. :laughing6-hehe:

C

Darn! I was hoping to get your free beer if you were late!!! Oh well, I guess I'll have to buy my own. pissed.gif

Looking forward to shaking your hand in Nelson Mike, and to thank you in person for organizing this event.

C

PS Looking forward even more to see Fiona. laughing6-hehe.gif just kiding, just kidding....... !!!!

• Member Contributer

Riding a KLR to a VFR get together - you must be mad :blush:

See y'all in the next day or two

• Member Contributer

The pre-meet chatter is always funny.

We'll be there and you can buy me a beer. I'll buy the first few rounds of beers for everyone at 6pm on Friday.

Fiona will be glad to hear that!

People may have thought I was kidding about bowling on day two, I wasn't…. :laughing6-hehe:

C

C

With enough beer, I'll go bowling....

c

• Member Contributer

BCm,

If my boss lets me take off early Thursday, I hope to be in Revelstoke Thursday night. If I leave late it will be Friday am. PM'd you my cell.

PM sent. Hope to see you in Revelstoke. Just a note, if you're going to sleep in Revelstoke on Thursday night then bring earplugs, the trains are noisy. Ask me how I know. We stayed in the campground just West of Revelstoke and didn't realize till after we settled in that the train tracks were about 1/8th mile away across a narrow valley. Not much sleep that night.

• Member Contributer

Geez, what is it with HS and his key problems? (You must have angered the motorcycle gods, Miguel.... :laughing6-hehe: )

Well, heading out today in afternoon and overnight in Olds. Down to Nelson tomorrow first thing in the morning.

Bike still has no oil in it and no bags packed yet. Did last minute oil change (by the way, some Kawasaki oil filters also fit the VFR), and Factory Pro shift star and new chain / sprockets. Almost buggered the master link when I went to flare the rivets without putting the proper backing piece into the chain tool. Managed to fix it though.

Man, I seem to like putting stuff together on a tight deadline before bike trips. What's wrong with me?

I have decided to throw a K&N air filter into the prize pool kitty for the meet. Will bring it along.

Hope to see you all there safe and sound. Might meet some of you on the way.

Safe travels and may Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration protect us from citations against us.

Now and forever, Amen. :goofy:

Archived