2011 Kootenay Hootenanny 2 - PNW/Canada Meet in Nelson, BC

superfunkomatic

Long or short day ride?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have a long or short day ride at the meet (350 or 500+ kilometers)?

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Superfunky,

I'm a little late, but if I made the deadline, I'd like one large shirt, please.

Looking forward to it.

• Member Contributer

Well we're getting closer to this event once again and I'm looking at what route to take.

I'll be riding there on Friday from the West coast but haven't decided whether to ride through Canada or US. Anyone have suggested plans and want to link up for the ride? I may take the ferry over Thursday after work and either overnight in Van or Port Angeles, or ride part way to take some of the miles off the Friday jaunt.

Interesting to note that google maps shows the shortest route from Victoria to Nelson actually being via Schwartz Bay/Tsawwassen ferry and through the US, then up to BC at Grand Forks.

I re-read the topic and didn't see a suggested route .... or is there already something in the works?

The favourites are the ride from the ferry at Crawford Bay to Creston, and Kaslo to New Denver.

We have a reasonably small group so we could do a loop around the lake, a loop from Kaslo to New Denver, or if people are up for a longer full-day ride we could loop down through Curlew/Republic/Tonasket.

Last time we met in Nelson we took a vote and those that were tired did a shorter ride.

I'm open to suggestions.

I re-read the topic and didn't see a suggested route .... or is there already something in the works?

I'm going to order the shirts after the long weekend. I'll post payment details then.

Aaaaaaaand:

-one passport: CHECK!

-one MasterCard: CHECK!

I'm ready!!! :cheerleader:

PS When do you want money for the shirts Mike?

• Member Contributer

I'm going to order the shirts after the long weekend. I'll post payment details then.

Aaaaaaaand:

-one passport: CHECK!

-one MasterCard: CHECK!

I'm ready!!! :cheerleader:

PS When do you want money for the shirts Mike?

Have your own pasport: Check!

Someone else's card: Check!

PRICELESS...... :laughing6-hehe:

Looking forward to this :beer: :beer:

Gary

I've added a poll for the length of the ride we'll take as a group. I think a loop of the lake and the Kaslo to New Denver run will be enough. I'm also open to a run that crosses the border and loops back to Nelson. What say you? Fill out the poll or let me know what you think.

• Member Contributer

Don't care. You lead I follow.

Oh... you'l follow superfunkomatic,

but not me :laughing6-hehe:

Whatever is the groups decision, I'm In :cheerleader:

Gary

Don't care. You lead I follow.

Oh... you'l follow superfunkomatic,

but not me :laughing6-hehe:

Whatever is the groups decision, I'm In :cheerleader:

Gary

Oh I'll follow you Gary, I'll just hang back a ways and ready my camera...

Here's the logo. Kinda 1950s inspired - should fit with the style of shirts quite well.

kootenay_hootenanny_logo_final.gif

I'll have the costs for the t-shirts soon. Just waiting to hear back about the quote from the printer.

I still have to put together a meet badge for attendees' profiles.

• Member Contributer

Here's the logo. Kinda 1950s inspired - should fit with the style of shirts quite well.

I'll have the costs for the t-shirts soon. Just waiting to hear back about the quote from the printer.

That's neat. I like that. Sort of makes bme want to tell the boss to %#& off and quit my job so I can go.

• Member Contributer

That's neat. I like that. Sort of makes bme want to tell the boss to %#& off and quit my job so I can go.

Come on, do it Randy! You know you want to!!! :laughing6-hehe: j/k....

c

• Member Contributer

Come on, do it Randy! You know you want to!!! :laughing6-hehe: j/k....

c

Think of the positives. You'd have a lot more time to ride... and isn't that what we all strive for?

• Member Contributer

Is it too late to sign up for the meet? Sorry for the late notice, but I've been trying to firm up my schedule in August for several months. Anyway, it looks like I should be able to make it.

Thanks,

CN

No problem. Want a shirt? Let me know your size. I can still add to the order before printing. Make sure to book your hotel, too.

Is it too late to sign up for the meet? Sorry for the late notice, but I've been trying to firm up my schedule in August for several months. Anyway, it looks like I should be able to make it.

Thanks,

CN

• Member Contributer

No problem. Want a shirt? Let me know your size. I can still add to the order before printing. Make sure to book your hotel, too.

Thanks,

CN

Sorry, yes if it's not too late, put me down for an XL.

I hoping to be riding up with some others from this area so I'll start working out the itinerary. Are there still rooms available at the meet hotel or do I need to look at some other places ?

• Member Contributer

Just booked a closet :goofy:(budget room) with a shower down the hall at the New Grand. That's all that was left, but I had to wait and work around some other commitments. August will be busy, but I look forward to the ride up to the Kootenays (haven't been there in a few years) and meeting the boss (HS), Funky, and the others whose posts I have read with interest since before I got my VFR last summer.

Cheers,

Belfry (Phil)

• Member Contributer

Just booked a closet :goofy:(budget room) with a shower down the hall at the New Grand. That's all that was left, but I had to wait and work around some other commitments. August will be busy, but I look forward to the ride up to the Kootenays (haven't been there in a few years) and meeting the boss (HS), Funky, and the others whose posts I have read with interest since before I got my VFR last summer.

Cheers,

Belfry (Phil)

don't get your hopes up too high, you may be disappointed by some of us... :biggrin:

c

Speak for yourself, Christian. I can safely say that I'm worth the ride to Nelson. :goofy:

Cheers,

Belfry (Phil)

don't get your hopes up too high, you may be disappointed by some of us... :biggrin:

c

Archived