Grrrl - Return To The 2 Wheeled World

Guest Stewy

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Way cool Stewy, you are truely a magnificent specimen :fing02: :fing02: :beer: :beer:

Way to keep us inspired Lenna, your a riot...........girl :goofy:

Wow - for lack of words all I have to say say is good on ya! Rock on - and Lenna, may the wind and sun be at your back and the roads rise gently to meet you. Here's to fabulous riding ahead! :fing02:

• Member Contributer

I as many again had moisture in the eyes reading this.

Stewy you have a special place in Heaven.

Riot Girl you still Inspire and amaze us. Ride safe and enjoy!! :fing02:

Keep up the pictures and stories of your rides.

We are all uplifted by you two.

Congrats,

vince

• Member Contributer

Well, I can honestly say, without any exaggeration, that you are my hero.

I have to remember not to read anything with your name in it while at work so I don't have to explain why I'm tearring up.

WOW... What a spin-out of a weekend!

I was expecting that we were going for a ride together on Stewy's bike.

:fing02: Yay!

I was excited about having the opportunity to be riding pillion for the second time, and was hoping that we might stay out a little longer this time, and maaaybe get to take some more interesting roads than the freeway.

Stewy told me late on Friday night "oh yeah, I called your folks, coz I thought it might be good for them to come down and see how we get you on the bike... see how we make it as safe as possible... put them a little at ease, etc etc..."

Well I guess that made sense.

Then in the morning, my sister (Mel) arrived. Odd. But seems like dad had told her about it, too... (It seemed odd because my family have all seen the pictures of my first pillion experience, so why come now?).

Then my brother (Joe) and his fiance (Martine) turned up. Very odd. I figured dad must have called around all my brothers and sisters, because you have to do that in a big family, or it could end up being months later and someone will be saying "I never heard about that, why didn't anyone tell me?!"

Then mum (Gemma) was at the door, with my brother (Tom) as well.

Geez, quite an audience just to see me get on the back of the bike... :?

So off I go, and change into my bike gear. As I came out of the bedroom, I realised everyone was already outside, so off we go, out to the bike... As I came around the corner, I couldn't even see the bike with all the people milling around, and as they parted I could see there were all these people with video camera's, digital camera's and mobile phone camera's pointed at me... Then I went on through and saw the bike, with it's LEGS holding it up!

OMG! ... OMG!! ... OMG!!!! ... OMG!!!!!

That was all I could say. I really was speechless. I don't think I even let out a little scream... I was simply shocked... stunned... dumbfounded... and failing to hold back tears... OMG! OMG!!

I was spun out!

Was I dreaming?

I pinched myself a few times... Ouch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TO BE CONTINUED...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Member Contributer

Well I'm a grown man and I can't see my keyboard right now for the tears, of joy for you Lenna.

Stewy you and your friends are awesome.

• Member Contributer
good on you. cops dont cry, right?

Speak for yourself Timmy. All the clowns in the briefing room are laughing at me as I was reaching for tissue. Good luck Lenna. Ride safe. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Leena,

This is the first I've read about your ordeal. I am so touched and inspired by how you have found your way through it all with such courage and artistry. I watched your slide shows as well. I hope the bike is a great success. You should really consider writing as a career. Please keep us updated.

Bob

Stewy, you should have asked for some help from all of us here with the project. Great job. :fing02:

Ok, what i need to do, which still isn't complete is i need a to kill power to actuator (the motor that drives the arms up and down) so when say if over 20km/hr it doesn't matter if you push the button or not as this speed sensor kills all power to the actuator....

So any idea's how to do this? :huh:

:biggrin:

No. I was wondering how you stop and start with the little wheels several inches off the deck.

You would be leaning over pretty far. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

I didn't realize this was a new thread. DAMN SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can only hope that in the face of any adversity, I could kick so much a$$!!!!!!!!

So next on the list would be an electric quickshifter, yes? And a stunter-style thumb brake for the rear?

I know of a how-to for a Do-It-Yourself quickshifter on a CBR forum, I could go search for it if needed.

Then all you need Lenna, is an "expanded version" stunt cage and a rack for the chair, so you can get on & off by yourself!

Archived