Tyga Vfr800 Headers

Rush2112

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Yeah the only power loss is below 2500 on the two brothers

The only time my bike is below 2,500 is when it's idling... :goofy:

+1 slipping the clutch a bit more from a stop in town is not an issue for me.

• Member Contributer

Still in. Would prefer to be as close to TBR specs as possible but I'll take whatever we can get

It seems with the new information that what Tyga can do with the current tooling will be as close to the TBR as we can get... 36.1mm vs 36mm

Mr. Carver & Mr. MBrane are you in for 36.1mm primaries?

• Member Contributer

Ok, we are moving forward with the 36.1 mm primaries. I emailed Tyga this evening:

Hi Matt,
I've gotten confirmation from enough folks to go ahead and move forward with 36.1mm ID primaries. They are slightly larger than the RC45 OEM primary diameter (35mm) and the same diameter as the Two Brothers Racing headers (36mm). So to recap what I understand you have the current tooling and capability to fabricate:
Primary: 1 1/2” x 1 mm wall. ID - 36.1mm.
Secondary: 42.7 mm x 1 mm wall. ID - 40.7mm.
Final: 2” x 1mm. ID-48.8mm.
Please let me know if I captured this correctly. I look forward to discussing our next steps in the project.
Highest regards,
:cheerleader::wheel:

• Member Contributer

Just an FYI, there is NO significant low rpm loss with the TBR. I carry my other half on occassion & the bike will pull cleanly from 2600rpm two up in appropriate gear. FYI I don't ever want or need to use 6th gear at 20mph, that's why we have a gearbox ! have a look in my galery at the latest dyno from 2015 showing the fitting of the TBR & my Yoshi style stacks, apart from fueling those are the only mods , so its perfectly good all through the rev range & much better up top.

I'd love to try a set of those Ladybird Ti headers, just to compare with the current setup, if anyone wants to donate them for testing, I'll pay for the dyno time :)

• Member Contributer

Still in. Would prefer to be as close to TBR specs as possible but I'll take whatever we can get

It seems with the new information that what Tyga can do with the current tooling will be as close to the TBR as we can get... 36.1mm vs 36mm

Mr. Carver & Mr. MBrane are you in for 36.1mm primaries?

Yes!

• Member Contributer

Just an FYI, there is NO significant low rpm loss with the TBR. I carry my other half on occassion & the bike will pull cleanly from 2600rpm two up in appropriate gear. FYI I don't ever want or need to use 6th gear at 20mph, that's why we have a gearbox ! have a look in my galery at the latest dyno from 2015 showing the fitting of the TBR & my Yoshi style stacks, apart from fueling those are the only mods , so its perfectly good all through the rev range & much better up top.

I'd love to try a set of those Ladybird Ti headers, just to compare with the current setup, if anyone wants to donate them for testing, I'll pay for the dyno time :)

Assuming the proper dyno tune - the mid range is fatter and of course the boost on the top? Yes?

• Member Contributer

I forget Mohawk... who did you cam regrinds for you? You had good success and service, correct?

Assuming the proper dyno tune - the mid range is fatter and of course the boost on the top? Yes?

Effective fuel injection management are a must to get full benefit out of any performance exhaust mods... they are not just plug n play and these Tyga's are no different.

Are you still in and committed to purchase with the new larger 36.1 mm primary dimensions?

• Member Contributer

Just my 2 cents worth on the pipe sizes.

The Shark RC45 system I modded to fit my bike has 1 1/2" primaries, 1 3/4" secondaries and a tail pipe of 2" the same as the proposed Tyga system.

I do not believe there is any real loss of low end power and a butt load to gain in top end.

In my situation I feel that a good chunk of the power I gained is directly associated with the pipes.

I think these will be good for the 5th/6th Gen members but if they follow the standard front header pipe layout, they will not suit the 8th Gen due to the low radiator fan with the front mounted rads compared to the side rads.

Cheers

Phil

• Member Contributer

Just my 2 cents worth on the pipe sizes.

The Shark RC45 system I modded to fit my bike has 1 1/2" primaries, 1 3/4" secondaries and a tail pipe of 2" the same as the proposed Tyga system.

I do not believe there is any real loss of low end power and a butt load to gain in top end.

In my situation I feel that a good chunk of the power I gained is directly associated with the pipes.

I think these will be good for the 5th/6th Gen members but if they follow the standard front header pipe layout, they will not suit the 8th Gen due to the low radiator fan with the front mounted rads compared to the side rads.

Cheers

Phil

I agree 100%... well, I have a slightly different perspective on your power gains, some of that may be due to the extra cc's :cool:

We are moving forward with the 5/6 gens and if support is strong enough we will engage Tyga to create the front pipes with a couple of bends to accommodate the 8th gen radiator fan... the rear primaries should work on all three gens.

Can someone with an 8th gen measure the width of the pipe clearance in the front necessary for the fan recess and measure the distance where this recess is centered above the lower bend where the pipes turn under the engine?

Hello everybody!
I just registered here.
Ago 20 years I had a complete ARROW exhaust system (RC30).

Primaries: O.D 40mm / I.D 37mm
Secondaries: O.D 45mm / I.D 42mm
Collector: O.D 48mm/ I.D 45mm
Wall thickness: 1.5mm

This I put up on my '94 RC36.
Unfortunately I had to change the line of the primers to match to the cylinder head.

Can someone with an 8th gen measure the width of the pipe clearance in the front necessary for the fan recess and measure the distance where this recess is centered above the lower bend where the pipes turn under the engine?

If no one gets to this by the end of the week I'll get some numbers. Out of town or I would be on it.

• Member Contributer

Hello everybody!

I just registered here.

Unfortunately I had to change the line of the primers to match to the cylinder head.

Welcome to the forum! Nice first post... contributing right away.

How did the VFR run with the Arrow exhaust system?

Ok, we are moving forward with the 36.1 mm primaries. I emailed Tyga this evening:

Hi Matt,
I've gotten confirmation from enough folks to go ahead and move forward with 36.1mm ID primaries. They are slightly larger than the RC45 OEM primary diameter (35mm) and the same diameter as the Two Brothers Racing headers (36mm). So to recap what I understand you have the current tooling and capability to fabricate:
Please let me know if I captured this correctly. I look forward to discussing our next steps in the project.
Highest regards,

Update: Just heard from Tyga...

Hi Russell,

All looks good. What I'd need now are the sample pipes for measuring and jig making.

The best plan is that we get FedEx to pick them up.

We'd need for you to pack them up and give me the weight and dimensions of the box.

I can sort the rest out.

Please note that the FedEx charge will be your responsibility. We'll let you know how much as soon as we know.

Regards,

Matt

• Member Contributer

I believe we have agreed apon that we are using the 5/6gen architecture, that is that the diagonally apposed exhaust primaries are mated together.

Please correct me if not.

Will/does this have an effect on ?:-

- 5.5gen (left bank mated/right bank mated)

- 8gen (fronts mated/rears mated)

Cheers

• Member Contributer

I honestly do not believe that the mating will have any real effect on performance.

The RC45 pipes I'm running are mated both fronts and both rears.

This is in the 180 deg crank gen 5 motor and I'm getting really good power out of it.

My feelings are that the original 5/6th Gen were a compromise to make fitting the lengths better.

With mine I have longer primaries on the front with a shorter secondary, and shorter primaries with a longer secondary on the rear.

This seems to make a difference to AFR front to back, with a good spread of power across the board.

Phil

• Member Contributer

I believe we have agreed apon that we are using the 5/6gen architecture, that is that the diagonally apposed exhaust primaries are mated together.

- 5.5gen (left bank mated/right bank mated)

Cheers

The same side cylinders merge at the secondaries (left front and left rear, right front and right rear), not diagonally merged... these are performance headers and will follow this architecture like the TBR headers. The 8th gen exhaust is not optimized for performance. If we had 360* crank shafts the pairing of front together & rear together would make more sense.

• Member Contributer

I believe we have agreed apon that we are using the (confuses edit) 6gen architecture, that is that the diagonally apposed exhaust primaries are mated together.

- 5 (c.e.)(left bank mated/right bank mated)

Cheers

The same side cylinders merge at the secondaries (left front and left rear, right front and right rear), not diagonally merged... these are performance headers and will follow this architecture like the TBR headers. The 8th gen exhaust is not optimized for performance. If we had 360* crank shafts the pairing of front together & rear together would make more sense.

Thanx for clarifying,

been skimming thru this & last thread looking at pics & noticed all different variations.

Cheers

Hello everybody!

I just registered here.

Hi Matt,
Highest regards,

Hi Russell,

All looks good. What I'd need now are the sample pipes for measuring and jig making.

We'd need for you to pack them up and give me the weight and dimensions of the box.

I can sort the rest out.

Please note that the FedEx charge will be your responsibility. We'll let you know how much as soon as we know.

Regards,

Matt

Thanks for inclusion!

Unfortunately, I can not image how to upload to. (Help please!)

I've got two pieces of paper (graph) Dyno test.

This shows that this system (Arrow) high and medium speed range is perfect. Low range is poor.

Primers:

Together the two front and the rear two together.

Then I changed the line of primers. Left front and left rear, right front and right rear (original). Here, the lower and mid range revs the engine is accelerated very well. The top of the range was poor.

Stage1 Dynojet kit (130 jets) and K & N air filter was the engine.

Hello everybody!

I just registered here.

Hi Matt,

Highest regards,

Hi Russell,

I can sort the rest out.

Regards,

Matt

Thanks for inclusion!

This shows that this system (Arrow) high and medium speed range is perfect. Low range is poor.

Primers:

Then I changed the line of primers. Left front and left rear, right front and right rear (original). Here, the lower and mid range revs the engine is accelerated very well. The top of the range was poor.

Add pics an everything you have! This sounds like something I would love to see :)

If you don't manage to upload, you can send me a private message and I will send you my email so I can upload them for you :)

Everything needs boost!

• Member Contributer

Hello everybody!

I just registered here.

Hi Matt,
Highest regards,

Hi Russell,

I can sort the rest out.

Regards,

Matt

Thanks for inclusion!

Primers:

The RC30 exhaust was designed for a 360* crank shaft and had the front bank merge/rear bank merge layout. how did you alter it to merge left side/right side? Were both dyno runs from the same bike with different exhaust merges?

Archived