Tyga Vfr800 Headers

Rush2112

• Member Contributer

SORRY I should have researched this a long time ago

I am looking into getting a dyno tune after these Tyga headers are installed, however my local (melb. aus.) dyno guy doesn't run or have any knowledge of the "Rapidbike" software, so my ? is will the RB auto tune/mytune module be sufficient?

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Does he know power commander? I'm not sure what the price differences are in your country, but this also works on your bike.

I guess if you don't have a tuning "box" already, then I would get what your dyno guy is familiar with or find a different dyno guy who is familiar with what you have. That said, I've been happy with the dynojet autotune on a fairly stock bike and since we aren't talking about something radical like N2O or forced induction, then any wide band closed loop tuning device should get you pretty close. There might be a couple more ponies to be had or possibly a smoother curve with a custom fixed tune though.

• Member Contributer
... I have an original,TBR system .... These have 36mm id headers !

Really, up to this point I thought the TBR headers were the same as the RC45 at 35 mm ID. Please confirm because 36mm is an option on the table with current tooling.

...my two brothers header ...

Hey Man, little help please... Please confirm your TBR primary ID dimension?

Mohawk is right. Its about 36mm inner diameter.

Well folks, two members confirm TBR headers have 36mm primaries.

Response requested: Should we green light moving forward with the currently available tooling that can provide 36.1mm ID exhaust primaries?

• Member Contributer

Go for the 36. I was on the fence about this, but my '02 pipes are looking pretty ratty and have a few small dings and scrapes from the PO (with assistance from myself).

Benefits for the 6g are reduced weight (estimate how much?) and from the previous chart, a signficant increase in flow.

If these are priced well, I will jump in... improved looks and performance and extending the life of my Viffer = priceless.

Other option is 33mm inner diameter primary piping, which would only flow slightly more than the readily available eBay/98/99 catless headers that are 32mm inner diameter. Though Tyga could still greatly improve the quality of the merges/secondaries/collector and system as a whole, equal optimised length etc, in comparison to the eBay stuff that is honestly pretty terrible.

• Member Contributer

Response requested: Should we green light moving forward with the currently available tooling that can provide 36.1mm ID exhaust primaries?

What is the other option?

As CRRC pointed out the 33mm primaries are currently available and offer improvements, although less significant, over the current options out there. Matt is investigating whether 35mm primaries are doable; current state, 35mm primaries will require a 2-3 month lag time for tooling changes and increased cost due to tooling costs.

I am positive my torocharger would love 36,1 mm!!! Im sooooo in om this :)

Everything needs boost!

And a rapid bike. 36mm exhaust primaries. Pull some timing. And do a pulley swap. Turn the wick up to 10 or 12 psi and I'm sure you top 200 whp!!!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Everything needs boost!

And a rapid bike. 36mm exhaust primaries. Pull some timing. And do a pulley swap. Turn the wick up to 10 or 12 psi and I'm sure you top 200 whp!!!

Pull some timing as in install autotune/pcV?

I have been quoted new larger pulley from Dan a good while back, so adding another 17 horses should be a breeze after tyga install :)

Everything needs boost!

Everything needs boost!

No, power commander cant adjust ignition timing, that's why I said rapid bike. I really would not add anymore boost with out adjusting the ignition mapping.

No, power commander cant adjust ignition timing, that's why I said rapid bike. I really would not add anymore boost with out adjusting the ignition mapping.

Ahh, rapidbike as a brand, yes I know it, but was thinking fast-bike ;)

Fully agree, that's why the pulleys have not been ordered. Do not want liquid aluminium in my cylinders! But with rapidbike and more heat exiting thank to tyga, I'm feeling pretty safe thanks to the low compression in our viffers.

This will be a good year indeed

Everything needs boost!

• Member Contributer

Anyone know the ID of the Ladybird Ti exhaust for the RC30? I wonder is the 33mm ID exhasut that Tyga normally works with is better suited to smaller displacement exhausts?

• Member Contributer

52166e247b51995f8de835887391ab0e.jpg

Any confirmation on ID or OD on the given header diameters? I emailed them a long time ago and never got a response.

• Member Contributer

52166e247b51995f8de835887391ab0e.jpg

Any confirmation on ID or OD on the given header diameters? I emailed them a long time ago and never got a response.

Just off the cuff I would guess OD at 38mm.

• Member Contributer

Just off the cuff I would guess OD at 38mm.

Which would make these the same size as the potentially available Tyga primaries... 38.1mm (1.5") OD and 36.1mm ID.

Basically, your standard bastardized 1.5" tubing with 1mm walls...

(it's funnier if you hear it in Norm's voice from Cheers...)

• Member Contributer

I'm 99.999% sure those are inner diameters, as they are hrc clones and the hrc pipes are 38mm inner diameter.

I think you may be right. HRC specs are too big for our motors without some serious race kitting and significant low end flatness...

I'm willing to move forward with 36.1 mm primaries if they are a close match with the TBRs (36mm) since you guys who own TBRs report no significant low end loss.

I need feedback from the future Tyga header owners if going to 36.1mm primaries up from our original 35mm (RC45) is acceptable.

(the sooner the better, they 13 hrs ahead of us and it is Friday morning there right now and I would like to give them our answer before the weekend, 3AM CDT)

• Member Contributer

Yeah the only power loss is below 2500 on the two brothers

The only time my bike is below 2,500 is when it's idling... :goofy:

Archived