Tyga Vfr800 Headers

Rush2112

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I'm in for stainless. ...Ti is cool stuff, but then the ceramic coat and possible heat wrap would be out.....

• Member Contributer

You can't ceramic coat ti?

I know it would look so good I wouldn't want to lol

I dont think so.... correct me if I'm wrong gang.... I'm pure function on this one....

I have no clue brother. I was just picking at your brain, because I have zero titanium experience.

I wrapped my stainless motad header and it aesthetically ruined it, so the second time around with the two bros header, I ceramic coated it to be safe. I still have no input on anything Ti tho.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

I'm in for stainless. ...Ti is cool stuff, but then the ceramic coat and possible heat wrap would be out.....

Titanium has one of the lowest thermal conductivity rates of metal. This is another reason it is an excellent choice for exhaust pipes; besides the light weight it also helps the exhaust gases maintain temperature which helps keep exhaust gas velocity up. For this reason titanium feels colder than other metals when you touch it.

I checked with Tyga and at this time they will not be making a Ti heafer for the VFR800s... stainless is the only option.

Titanium has one of the lowest thermal conductivity rates of metal. This is another reason it is an excellent choice for exhaust pipes; besides the light weight it also helps the exhaust gases maintain temperature which helps keep exhaust gas velocity up. For this reason titanium feels colder than other metals when you touch it.

I checked with Tyga and at this time they will not be making a Ti heafer for the VFR800s... stainless is the only option.

Nooooooooooooooo :(

Everything needs boost!

• Member Contributer

Even a stainless steel Tyga exhaust system would be a thing of beauty. I have been thinking about buying a blue 5th-gen for the UK... :goofy:

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Neophyte moment, in need of some additional background information. Being new to the forums and VFR ownership I am not certain why I would need a new header on a 1999 VFR. Power increase? I was thinking of having the ones on the bike powder coated this Spring. Thanks in advance.....

• Member Contributer

Neophyte moment, in need of some additional background information. Being new to the forums and VFR ownership I am not certain why I would need a new header on a 1999 VFR. Power increase? I was thinking of having the ones on the bike powder coated this Spring. Thanks in advance.....

These are performance headers with larger inner diamter (ID) tubing sizes for increased exhaust gas flow at high rpms; they are necessary for modifying the bike engine and optimizing engine performance to bring out the inner RC45 in these babies!

Owning a '99 you already have the best available OEM headers without a Cat and with the largest ID exhaust tubes... many people use the '98 - '99 headers and ceramic coat them on the later 5th and 6th gens as one of the few performance upgrades currently available. These headers would be a significant improvement with additional modifications to take advantage of the improved exhaust flow.

• Member Contributer

Awesome work Rush. I might buy a set just to have, just in case. Wish these would have been available last year when I bought a set of '98-'99 headers and ceramic coated them for my project '00 hybrid 5.5.

I COULD always put them on my '07. No mods other than Leo slip ons. I wonder if they would provide any noticable power increase.

My Hawk GT has a set of Tyga rearsets and they are a thing of beauty. Their pricing is also very reasonable for the level of quality.

Nice work!

Just out of curiosity. As far as I know, the two Bros headers is the only product this future tyga product can be compared to, would it be cool to list the specs of the different pipes used on the various viffers this is going to fit?

Would it be even cooler if someone had dynopapers before/after on a two Bros headers? I think yes :) however I have nothing to contribute, sorry :(

But I have dyno numbers on "stock" 99 (large OEM headers) with powercommander III to compare...

Everything needs boost!

• Member Contributer

Well if these headers will work on an '07 then put me down for a set as well. Between one of the three VFRs at some point I will need one and I wouldn't mind getting some more performance out of the RWB.

I wonder if ceramic coating the stainless will increase hp/ torque even further?

• Member Contributer

The two brothers headers brought my trap speed from from around 120 to 127mph.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Wow. According to internet hp calculator that's about +6hp.

Just out of curiosity. As far as I know, the two Bros headers is the only product this future tyga product can be compared to, would it be cool to list the specs of the different pipes used on the various viffers this is going to fit?

Would it be even cooler if someone had dynopapers before/after on a two Bros headers? I think yes :) however I have nothing to contribute, sorry :(

But I have dyno numbers on "stock" 99 (large OEM headers) with powercommander III to compare...

Everything needs boost!

There is also an Erion full system that was made for the fifth gen a long time ago. I recorded all the specs of the erion versus a motad header a few years ago.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/74915-i-have-the-measurements-on-the-erion-racing-header-vs-the-motad/

Wow. According to internet hp calculator that's about +6hp.

I got 16 whp...

1253e41091046ba7b1cc4262f50c9a3d.jpg

02203f7c6de59d6ac219a2bc19b4d12e.jpg

• Member Contributer

Is the vfr header like a lot other oem and made from double wall tubing? On my 03 zrx the factory header loks massive but, its an illusion.

• Member Contributer

I wonder what the ID is on the delkevik vs stock id?

For anyone that doesn't feel like clicking the link, here are the outer diameters. Also the race headers are 0.050inch/1.23mm thick:

vtec/catted headers are 31.5mm (average)

catless (98/99/motad/delkic/etc...) headers are 34.5mm (average)

and race headers are 39.0mm (average)

• Member Contributer

Wow! 26 sets so far, this is really getting some traction! I have to say Rush did a great job of sticking with this and getting a builder to commit! AWESOME Rush!

After the first of the year I'll see where I stand monetarily and maybe throw my hat in the ring for a set, maybe even 2, we'll see.

Archived