Tyga Vfr800 Headers

Rush2112

Posted as help to V4forever via email.

I'am VFRforever

Here the two pictures.

The first picture shows the system RC30 red line.

The second image is a comparison of the two systems.

Red line is the system RC36, RC30 blue line in the system.

Best Regard!

post-13175-14531507064181.jpgpost-13175-14531507114577.jpg

Everything needs boost!

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I'am VFRforever

Here the two pictures.

Best Regard!

attachicon.gifDSC01391.JPGattachicon.gifDSC01392-1.JPG

Everything needs boost!

Thanks for the info and collaboration to get it shared :fing02:

Do you have any info on your bikes gearing and what it correlates rpm to speed in 4th gear... for example, at 50 mph you are at x,xxx rpm???

I'd be careful reading too much into the low side tails; a lot of that can be effected by operator inputs. It looks like he rolled on the throttle with the rollers spinning 10 mph faster on the blue run; there is a measurable difference on the low side but look at the graphs when the lines slopes are similar around 40mph; also, any reason why he chopped the throttle sooner on the red run?

I'am VFRforever

Here the two pictures.

Best Regard!

Everything needs boost!

Do you have any info on your bikes gearing and what it correlates rpm to speed in 4th gear... for example, at 50 mph you are at x,xxx rpm???

Fully series of gearbox and final drive. Nothing changes were made.

• Member Contributer

I'm trying to associate the graphs x axis mph with engine rpm. Do you know any mph/rpm points for your bike in 4th gear so we can calculate a conversion factor to see your engine rpm?

I'am VFRforever

Here the two pictures.

Best Regard!

Everything needs boost!

I'm trying to associate the graphs x axis mph with engine rpm. Do you know any mph/rpm points for your bike in 4th gear so we can calculate a conversion factor to see your engine rpm?

Unfortunately, I do not know.

All I know is that the gear ratio 4th gear : 1.3333 (gear teeth 28/21)

Can someone with an 8th gen measure the width of the pipe clearance in the front necessary for the fan recess and measure the distance where this recess is centered above the lower bend where the pipes turn under the engine?

Ok, I took a crack at this today while I had the fairings off. At their widest, the headers are 20cm apart, and the bend is centered 11cm below the exhaust port opening. I realized after I had everything buttoned back up that you wanted from the bottom of the headers, but well, I'm not fucking with those dumb honda clips again for a while.

Here is an album of some pictures I took as well to get an idea of the clearances around the fan and overall layout:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/estavokalossi/library/VFR800%20RC79%20Front%20Headers?sort=3&page=1

Can someone with an 8th gen measure the width of the pipe clearance in the front necessary for the fan recess and measure the distance where this recess is centered above the lower bend where the pipes turn under the engine?

Ok, I took a crack at this today while I had the fairings off. At their widest, the headers are 20cm apart, and the bend is centered 11cm below the exhaust port opening. I realized after I had everything buttoned back up that you wanted from the bottom of the headers, but well, I'm not fucking with those dumb honda clips again for a while.

Here is an album of some pictures I took as well to get an idea of the clearances around the fan and overall layout:

http://imgur.com/gallery/dr4FSnl

You sure about that link? post-13175-14534925037452.png

Everything needs boost!

• Member Contributer

Hi.

Any Word on how far we are from production of our exhaust system? I ask becourse I am in Bangkok now and would like to bring my set to Denmark my self, just to save postage cost and tax.

Would it be ok if I contact Tyga while I am here?

• Member Contributer

I'm guessing quite some time, the system hasn't even been prototyped yet (I'm sure we would have seen pics, unless Rush is holding out). How long are you there? Even if you can't pick up an exhaust, it might still be fun to check out Tyga if they can accommodate a tour.

• Member Contributer

Hi.

Any Word on how far we are from production of our exhaust system? I ask becourse I am in Bangkok now and would like to bring my set to Denmark my self, just to save postage cost and tax.

Would it be ok if I contact Tyga while I am here?

If you have a 6th gen VFR800 with you by all means swing by... I'll let them know your on your way! We will need a test fit in a few weeks.

Otherwise, you are a little early. I'm shipping 2 sets of headers to Tyga (5th gen catless & Y2k with a cat). The new Tyga headers are still in the future and not available yet. How long will you be in Bangkok?

• Member Contributer

I will be in Bangkok ontil the 12´th of feburay. I have no bike here in Thailand, so no test fit there, sorry. I think I will call them and maybe go and see the place while I am here anyway.

• Member Contributer

Can't see the harm in dropping by. I'm sure you'll fine some goodies to buy. And let them know that the demand for stainless steel VFR800 full exhaust systems is worldwide!

Ciao,

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

For the love of bump is there any news?

Let me help Russ out and give you the news.

It takes a long time to get two sets of headers from the southeast of the US to Thailand. I can be done in as little as a week at a cost of more than $600.00

If you want we can take turns sitting around the campfire and talking about how the ocean was angry today and our poor test mules headers were tossed about, if not for the courage of the fearless crew the down pipe connectors would be lost.

There is no news while the mules are in transit.

Once Tyga has them we can also pace ourselves on the "what is the news" as they will begin to fab up a jig to mimic the exhaust ports and the lump of engine between them.

Then after that is done the first ten prototypes (or suckers) will most likely get to play with the product and let Tyga know whether the model sold in LA Kalifornia is different from the fitment of the model sold in Nawlin's LA.

Then production could begin.

This is an amazing accomplishment when it finally comes to fruition and one which many have half-heartedly attempted in the past. I am extremely grateful to Russ for his tireless efforts and as long as I am around his first beer is always on me...once I get some Tyga goodness for my precious.

Now in all seriousness there is nothing being manufactured today that holds a candle to this proposed product so take a calming breathe and focus on the other first world problems we all face instead of when is my unobtanium going to find me.

• Member Contributer

You mean this is not like Mc D where I can get everything and not have to get out of my car or sorry my helmet .

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting, so being new here and way late to the table, is there an update on what is happening with these headers coming out? Who's doing what? contact info? I'm more than interested since looking for rocking horse poo ain't working out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Tyga around $600 header late spring

Apparently, computer game designers aren't the only ones who struggle with coaxing people to look up.

Archived