8 Spoke Colour Ideas

N2v

• Member Contributer

Got myself an 8spoker with brand new Metzlers,

Just wondering what colour I should get them powder coated?

My vfr is candy red

Should I go fluorescent yellow? I saw some guy had done this looks awesome

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Gunmetal and bronze are the hot colors for car wheels now.

I did my Hawk GT wheels in bronze. I am pretty happy with the way that they turned out.

Gold does look pretty nice also with red. I attached a pic of a Hawk GT with an 8 spoke rear wheel in gold. Its a bit too "basic" for me I guess, but does look cool.

post-24302-0-56242700-1417618755.jpg

post-24302-0-08329800-1417618824.jpg

Yeah, I've bent a couple of speedometer needles from hitting the speedometer stop post so hard. :pinocchio:

Thats where the 6th gen speedo comes in handy ;).

Until i start getting into quadruple digits. Then its useless.

my old fifth gen had gold wheels on it and I always loved them:

IMG_0720.jpg

I wanted to add something a little darker to my current 5th gen, but in the end I went a little too dark. The color was called "Umber Bronze" and looked great on the sample:

IMG_20141001_125138088_zpszkobiali.jpg

Wheels looked great when I picked them up, and even with the tires mounted... but when on the bike the color of the bike just doesn't work with it...

IMG_20141014_130820841_zpsk2gwwrd9.jpg

IMG_20141015_211414702_zpssydjnp8r.jpg

IMG_20141025_130936819_HDR_zpshshpnva0.j

I'm seriously thinking of selling these and having the white wheels redone with fresh white... it looked better to my eye with those:
IMG_2467_zps96421beb.jpg

• Member Contributer

Another vote for gold to go with Candy Red. IMHO a good proxy for the color would be the same as the caliper color on ABS models, maybe with a touch of metallic in it.

8429.jpg

• Member Contributer

my old fifth gen had gold wheels on it and I always loved them:

IMG_0720.jpg

I wanted to add something a little darker to my current 5th gen, but in the end I went a little too dark. The color was called "Umber Bronze" and looked great on the sample:

IMG_20141001_125138088_zpszkobiali.jpg

Wheels looked great when I picked them up, and even with the tires mounted... but when on the bike the color of the bike just doesn't work with it...

IMG_20141014_130820841_zpsk2gwwrd9.jpg

IMG_20141015_211414702_zpssydjnp8r.jpg

IMG_20141025_130936819_HDR_zpshshpnva0.j

I'm seriously thinking of selling these and having the white wheels redone with fresh white... it looked better to my eye with those:

IMG_2467_zps96421beb.jpg

I have to say I actually think the bronze looks better! Thats a great color. I have been looking for a good paint code (powder coat code) for a bronze like that for my new wheels for my Mazda 3 (Mazdaspeed 3 wheels). Thanks for the tip!

I am also trying to figure out what color to go with on my 8 spoker for my Yellow Y2K. I don't want to go white or black. I am thinking either bronze or gunmetal so if anyone has any pics of a yell'er Y2K with wheels in those colors I would love to see how that looks!

IMG_2467_zps96421beb.jpg

White!!!! A pain to keep clean, but those look great on your bike.

• Member Contributer

For most VFR colors, I'm a fan of silver.
It's purely a personal preference, but I'm not a big fan of too many colors on one bike, unless your doing something like the anniversary special or a racer replica.
Silver gives a contrast similar to white without introducing an additional color, and also ties in the frame.
enzed_viffer and Veefer800Canuck's bikes comes to mind as an example.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmmm....I'd be tempted to steer clear of anything that involved gold. Ducati sort of killed that option, in my opinion..... Candy Apple would go nice with polished silver (alloy), or something similar. Nothing too glary, but something that compliments the colour you have, already. Maybe Candy Apple, with polished edge machining???? Just a thought. Do as you will....It's your bike.

Archived