8 Spoke Colour Ideas

N2v

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Otaylor, looks great....what kind of rear hugger is that and is it attached to the chain guard? Thanks

Otaylor, looks great....what kind of rear hugger is that and is it attached to the chain guard? Thanks

I dont know mate, it was on the bike when i got it.

Yeah its a chain guard too. I'll get you some more pics if you're interested?

In other news. I still havent fully decided on a colour. Not sure if white is too overpowering.

I like this colour....

post-30934-0-43418000-1423996352.jpg

So first ride of the year for me today.

Bit chilly at 3 degrees in places but thoroughly enjoyed it.

Anyway. I dont want white wheels, im pretty certain now.

Its gonna be too much to keep clean. I only covered 45 miles today and look at the picture below. It was immaculate when i set off.

Although i am a complete OCD clean freak when it comes to the bike and car, I feel white will be even too much for me as itll show the dirt so badly. I dont think itd ever look clean?

Another vote for the colour in my previous post i think!

post-30934-0-22595200-1424034446.jpg

• Member Contributer

3 degrees, are you crazy? Like the color.....sorry it was in the upper 70's here for my first real ride since Sept.

Probably saw 200+ bikes out today.

What!? Go on a ride with your new 8 spoke wheel and don't even invite the person who helped you acquire it? I feel so used!

Sorry, if you were coming up this way, I would of heard about it. Left at 10:00 - got home by 1:00....definitely to short of a ride for you bud.....Kanan to Mulholland, Rock Store, Stunt road and home.I know your screwing with me anyhow, lots of short rides just to get back in the swing of things.

• Member Contributer

Sorry, if you were coming up this way, I would of heard about it. Left at 10:00 - got home by 1:00....definitely to short of a ride for you bud.....Kanan to Mulholland, Rock Store, Stunt road and home.I know your screwing with me anyhow, lots of short rides just to get back in the swing of things.

All good brother, you know I'm ribbing you. Just glad you're able to ride again! Although pics would make this even more believable...

• Member Contributer

Next time bro, got a comment on the wheel. Funny out of all the the bikes out today, not one VFR

That's usually the case. Probably get even more comments on the wheel if you add one of these...

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/80289-any-interest-in-a-rear-hub-slider/#entry985614

3 degrees, are you crazy? Like the color.....sorry it was in the upper 70's here for my first real ride since Sept.

Probably saw 200+ bikes out today.

I wouldnt say crazy.

I've not ridden it since last November/December. So i was getting edgy with withdrawal symptoms haha. It had been too long!

Defo cant ride it now.

Its in the garage with no front wheel on!

I've asked the local bike shop to whip the tyres off and bearings out. He says thatll be done by tomorrow.

Got the powdercoater ready and waiting earlier

So fingers crossed, I'll have it done for weekend! I hope!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Does anyone have pictures of a '08 Sword Silver with color matched or otherwise 8 spoker? I just got one as well and not sure what direction I want to go.......

Should I have created my own thread for this?

Does anyone have pictures of a '08 Sword Silver with color matched or otherwise 8 spoker? I just got one as well and not sure what direction I want to go.......

Should I have created my own thread for this?

Yep.

The rear is as-is from a 1992 model. Not an exact match but so close I didn't feel it necessary to spend the extra cash to re-do it.

gallery_20057_6047_402657.jpg

Got around to re-finishing the wheel this summer. The Honda color for the 1992 wheel is "Iron Nail Silver" NH-167D. I had it matched by ColorRite. It's very expensive - $34 for a rattle can - but wow did it come out nice. It dries very quickly - seems like much better quality paint than other brands I've used. The clear will orange peel quite a bit, but color sanding with 1500 sandpaper and some polishing makes it pop. Time will tell how it holds up - my guess is no worse than the OEM Honda paint.

Archived