8 Spoke Colour Ideas

N2v

Does anyone have pictures of a '08 Sword Silver with color matched or otherwise 8 spoker? I just got one as well and not sure what direction I want to go.......

Should I have created my own thread for this?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Does anyone have pictures of a '08 Sword Silver with color matched or otherwise 8 spoker? I just got one as well and not sure what direction I want to go.......

Should I have created my own thread for this?

Yep.

The rear is as-is from a 1992 model. Not an exact match but so close I didn't feel it necessary to spend the extra cash to re-do it.

gallery_20057_6047_402657.jpg

Thanks Cogswell ! Color matched looks pretty good may go with that. Would be cheaper as well since I would not have to do the front wheel.

duccmann- do an auto search on Ebay and have the results emailed to you daily- 4+ have gone thru there in the past 6-9 months .......Just a thought, that's how I got mine.

• Member Contributer

Cogswell.looks sharp...been looking for that wheel now . For 3 months...still no luck

There was one on ebay (in black) a few days ago unless someone hit the "Buy it now" price.

• Member Contributer

I went from gold on my Candy Red 6th Gen to black and love it with the red rim stripes.

post-25941-0-24047500-1420272557.jpg

I've had notifications off ebay for the wheel for a month now. No luck.

I get the feeling its going to be even harder than it would be over where you guys are, since the uk is much smaller etc.

Soo many front wheels come up though. Time after time haha

I went from gold on my Candy Red 6th Gen to black and love it with the red rim stripes.

20141109_113929-1.jpg

That looks awesome. Love it.

If i do decide to get a newer viffer. Thats the colour it needs to be. Looks classy IMO.

• Member Contributer

I found mine on eBay (it had been listed for about 5 hours...I got lucky when I decided to search). The person that posted it had it listed as "VFR Rear Wheel" without the year or "8 spoke" in the title. Make sure your ebay notification will find all of them just in case. Be patient and good luck with he search. R

post-29072-0-04781800-1420299141.jpg

That black and red looks sharp!

I used "vfr rear wheel" which was as generic as possible and would catch all years and styles. You have to sort thru a bunch of crap all the time but you will get lucky eventually....I did and it only took about 10 months to get one. Lost a buy it now because I was to slow making a decision, got out bid twice, missed one completely, then finally the stars aligned and BAM here it is. Just needs refinished (I think).

Oh and of course be careful to buy something that will fit the bike LOL I almost bought a VFR400 wheel or RC30 wheel I can't say how many times......

That black and red looks sharp!

I used "vfr rear wheel" which was as generic as possible and would catch all years and styles. You have to sort thru a bunch of crap all the time but you will get lucky eventually....I did and it only took about 10 months to get one. Lost a buy it now because I was to slow making a decision, got out bid twice, missed one completely, then finally the stars aligned and BAM here it is. Just needs refinished (I think).

Oh and of course be careful to buy something that will fit the bike LOL I almost bought a VFR400 wheel or RC30 wheel I can't say how many times......

Haha yeah. No end of vfr 400 wheels is there

I've got my search to 'vfr wheel' and theres no end of 750 front wheels too. No back ones though. Theyre abit scarce arent they

• Member Contributer

Be sure to do Craigslist searches as well. I found mine off of there for $150 bucks. The guy was parting out his bike and apparently did not know the demand for these.

Gunmetal and bronze are the hot colors for car wheels now.

I did my Hawk GT wheels in bronze. I am pretty happy with the way that they turned out.

Gold does look pretty nice also with red. I attached a pic of a Hawk GT with an 8 spoke rear wheel in gold. Its a bit too "basic" for me I guess, but does look cool.

My '89 "RC31", Hawk GT with HRC racing gold colored wheels. The rear is a mod'd gen 3 VFR wheel:

00V0V_1VtPnOH4iRd_600x450_zpsb02ec897.jp

20140402_081629_zps5a48b30c.jpg

20140402_081456_zpsbca97aa2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I think White looks the best but they are hard to keep clean. My second choice would be gold

I like the white that I have and it's not too bad and the look when cleaned is superb.

But which ever colour you go for, make sure you get the wheels adjusted to match, I think that really adds a nice touch..

I think White looks the best but they are hard to keep clean. My second choice would be gold

I like the white that I have and it's not too bad and the look when cleaned is superb.

But which ever colour you go for, make sure you get the wheels adjusted to match, I think that really adds a nice touch..

What do you mean 'adjusted to match'?

My wheel arrived today.

It is the right one, 5.5 so happy days!

Previous owner had it powder coated white. Before it arrived i was trying to decide between anthracite and gold.

However I've had a test fit tonight to make sure all is okay, stood back and i think the white looks brilliant with the Italian red.

So i think i might just do the front wheel to match.

What do you guys think?

post-30934-0-80692500-1423604637.jpg

• Member Contributer

looks good! I have a white 5 spoker on my RWB Anniversary, and it does look brilliant when its clean. And let me tell you, its a PITA to keep those white wheels clean.

• Member Contributer

What do you mean 'adjusted to match'?

My wheel arrived today.

It is the right one, 5.5 so happy days!

Previous owner had it powder coated white. Before it arrived i was trying to decide between anthracite and gold.

However I've had a test fit tonight to make sure all is okay, stood back and i think the white looks brilliant with the Italian red.

So i think i might just do the front wheel to match.

What do you guys think?

That's what I did for my 5 Gen. Bought the wheel off of RollinAgain and decided it looked better in white than the black wheels. Gold was another thought, but the white really made the bike pop!

Looks great! What kind of hugger is that?

Cheers!

I honestly dont know mate. It was on the bike when i bought it.

Had a similar one on my sv650s and although that one was fitted when i bought it to, i think that was Pyramid plastics. So maybe this one is too, i dont know

Cheers for the feedback everyone!

The whites defo staying! Honestly thought it would look rubbish on the bike, right up until i did the test fit and stood back. Then there was a big 'oh. OH!' Haha.

Apparently theres hundreds of shades of whites so matching might be fun. Tried asking the previous owner but hes no idea.

Will take it to the powder coaters when i get chance and see what they say (:

Looks freekin awesome, welcome to the 8ers

20150123_150115_Spence St.jpg

Yours looks brill! Quite like that tank bra thing!

Also rather jealous of the size of your garage! Haha

Archived