Vfr Rider Killed In Accident :(

• Member Contributer

Even more sad than hearing about these types of things is reading the ridiculous comments that people post about motorcyclists.

• Member Contributer

That is awful, condolences to the family. Wish we knew what went wrong..(strangely controlled intersection?)....sounds like he was certain he had the green and the truck would not pull out.

• Member Contributer

Even more sad than hearing about these types of things is reading the ridiculous comments that people post about motorcyclists.

I don't want to sound insensitive or take away from this tragic event, but this is what the non riding public think of motorcyclist. The image we present when riding carries a lot of weight in their eyes. The more riders we have not wearing proper safety gear, riding like their qualifying for pole position, dodging in and out of traffic like its a slalom course or revving their bike just to hear the sound of their engine (particularly those with extra loud pipes) only compounds the negative view people have on motorcyclist.

That being said, at the risk of sounding insensitive, the story did seem to point the finger at the rider and even though the circumstances of why he/she ran the red light, most people will just put the blame on the rider and not think twice about the persons friends and family. There are two things I take away from stories like this, one is never drop your guard when riding, as you never know what's going to happen. The other is ride responsible, show the public that we are all not nuisances and that we, as much they, have the same privileges (regardless of the number of wheels under us) to ride the same streets/roads.

RIP rider. Prayers to your loved ones.

Ride safe out there. Don't be like that guy, whatever happened to cause it.

Hate to hear it. May he rest in peace. :huh:

I don't want to sound insensitive or take away from this tragic event, but this is what the non riding public think of motorcyclist. The image we present when riding carries a lot of weight in their eyes. The more riders we have not wearing proper safety gear, riding like their qualifying for pole position, dodging in and out of traffic like its a slalom course or revving their bike just to hear the sound of their engine (particularly those with extra loud pipes) only compounds the negative view people have on motorcyclist.

That being said, at the risk of sounding insensitive, the story did seem to point the finger at the rider and even though the circumstances of why he/she ran the red light, most people will just put the blame on the rider and not think twice about the persons friends and family. There are two things I take away from stories like this, one is never drop your guard when riding, as you never know what's going to happen. The other is ride responsible, show the public that we are all not nuisances and that we, as much they, have the same privileges (regardless of the number of wheels under us) to ride the same streets/roads.

true, very true. It goes for the same with the idiot car commuters, the ones not wearing their seat belts, the ones on their phones, the ones reading, putting on make up etc. The list goes on and on. I think motorcyclists (in general) are far less idiotic.

• Member Contributer

The roads are lethal,2 bikers killed near here recently,the biggest issue I see is people driving cars who should not have a licence,how they pass a test I can't figure,the majority of the ones hogging the road are women and oap's,then you have idiots texting and using hand held mobiles,

then throw in the majority of bikers here who only ride the bikes in good weather,first decent spring weather we get you're just expecting to hear of accidents. I ride the bikes year round,try and stay within my limits and try to stay aware of the pea brained idiots trying to driving cages.

Condolences and prayers sent for this rider and his loved ones,at least he died doing what he loved, RIP.

• Member Contributer

Condolences and heartfelt prayers for the family and all those who were close to the biker.

• Member Contributer

true, very true. It goes for the same with the idiot car commuters, the ones not wearing their seat belts, the ones on their phones, the ones reading, putting on make up etc. The list goes on and on. I think motorcyclists (in general) are far less idiotic.

I can agree with you but I/we cannot control the actions of others, just ourselves and hopefully that will influence our peers to do the same. As unfortunate as this is, we are out numbered and the best we can do is be on our best manners and be diligent when we ride. Although any time I spot drivers doing these fore mentioned "task", I always try and make eye contact with them and give them a head shake, many times I'll see them drop what they're doing and get back to driving. Of course my safety comes first so I don't always get to "shame" them, only if/when it's safe to do so.

• Member Contributer

I have a zero tolerance policy towards anyone I see jacking with a phone while driving. I still cannot understand why it's not banned and a ticketed offense. The municipalities would make millions.

Nothing is going to change the public's view of us. Absolutely nothing. We can sing kumbaya, hold hands, it will not change. Sporty bikes are nuisances, people shouldn't own them, all of us pop wheelies, do a buck twenty down the interstate, etc. The general public is stupid and loves stereotypes. Stereotypes come from people who can't think. With a diet of fast food, and reality tv (not much real about it..it's all staged) they are just generally stupid. All I can do as a motorcyclist to combat this is ride where most of them aren't. I've tried education to people who I know, it goes in one ear and out the other.

Archived