Vfr750-St "pan Dutchopean"

Dutchy

• Member Contributer

P8094706.jpg

P8094712.jpg

Done!!!!

Ok ok ok, I still need to round off some of the bracket edges and rattle can them flat black. Tidy up the bolts/nuts with caps.

"into the great wide open"

dramatic.jpg

post-8974-0-43955600-1376069999.jpg

The right bag sits a tad higher; as long as I park on the side stand, nobody will notice :cool:

P8094705.JPG

ass.jpg

Without the cases, I do not think the pipework looks too bad...

P8094714.jpg

P8094716.jpg

P8094689.jpg

post-8974-0-70253700-1376069863.jpg

post-8974-0-35171200-1376069902.jpg

post-8974-0-54076800-1376069948.jpg

post-8974-0-90007500-1376069977.jpg

post-8974-0-57346900-1376070016.jpg

post-8974-0-78199000-1376070035.jpg

post-8974-0-32846800-1376070051.jpg

looks good! remember though: if it moves a half a mm on the bench, it will move a meter on the road.

you enjoying the return to normal weather?

Now ride down to the parade. ask for Matias Rotte at the bar beneath the railway building. Tell him Timmy sent you.

• Member Contributer

Looks pretty good Leon. What do you think about moving them forward by 8-10cm? Seems like you would benefit from having any additional weight forward of the axle.

I agree. I'd have to measure my passenger peg clearance to my side case, but it looks like you have about double the clearance that a 6th gen would have with your mounting position. However, I can understand the resistance to redesign your pipe work. Very clean job.

• Member Contributer

Cheers guys!

I considered moving them forward as much as possible. Limiting factor is my seat lock/ latch. I now have just enugh clearance for the key.

Ideally I would use a set of 6th gen passenger pegs. They have the mounting point/lug high up.

But they are kinda pricy. And I would need to do the "Beck" mod for the seat latch.... I already have a small bicycle brake lever in the shed ;-)

So I will give the bags a test next weekend. Riding to Luxemburg and do Piesport.

• Member Contributer

Nice job!

I will be doing something similar with a stock low mount when the 6th leaves my garage.

In the meantime I have a line on a givi setup and just purchased a kriega 40 us combo!

6th gen bags look so sexy compared toi the givi setup.

• Member Contributer

Oh yeah, black saddle bags. I guess they are there. I only noticed the clear clutch window... :blush:

I think the bags look fine to me. :fing02: Nice work Dutchy. But I really dig the clutch window... You're ready to ride into the sunset now with Mrs. Dutchy. :tour:

C

• Member Contributer

Sorry but it looks ugly, blue striping on the wheels when it's a red bike?

Suitcases are way to wide.

I really can't call it anything else but ugly.

• Member Contributer

Mrs Dutchy stopped riding pillion after our son was born.

Maybe she will be on the back again some day.......

But when people ask how she feels about me riding, she will tell them she made me promise her never to sell my motorcycle... :-)

• Member Contributer

Dutchy,

Nice job integrating the prettiest luggage with the most attractive vfr. (There, that should stir up some discussion.)

As far as covering or preventing access to the seat lock, it looks to me as if you could perhaps move the brackets/bags forward so that the seat lock is behind the left bag. Yes, would need to remove the left bag to use that key, but you also need to remove the passenger seAt cowl before unlocking the seat anyway. Just my opinion.

And seriously though, it looks to me as if you are missing two of the rear cowl mounting bolts (one on each side, under the front of the seat). I dont know if you were already aware of that, so i thought i would point it out.

Nice work!

Ron

• Member Contributer

My azz is 105 centimeter wide at its widest point. How is yours??

• Member Contributer

Sorry but it looks ugly, blue striping on the wheels when it's a red bike?

Suitcases are way to wide.

I really can't call it anything else but ugly.

YOU ARE A LIAR. You probably work for the company that sells paint or wheel tape.

Please forgive me if you are offended, I am struggling with the language.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/75513-which-is-the-better-fuel-additive-for-routine-tank-fillups/

• Member Contributer

The bike looks great with those bags Leon!

I am sure you have twisted on the brackets to make sure the bags wont let go if they flex/twist and as Seb added you may want to watch what you load them with so far behind the rear axle but in the looks department they look amazing, as does the bike and the rim stripes.

and the clear clutch cover!

Love the way you worked it around the exhaust, custom fabricated.

• Member Contributer

Cheers!!

I've capped the nuts and bolt heads, added a bit of aluminium cilinder where the bolt thread was visible.

Bring on the weekend!!  Will be heading south to Luxemburg and the Mosel region.

IMAG2106.jpg

IMAG2108.jpg

IMAG2107.jpg

:cool:

post-8974-0-19074500-1376485359.jpg

post-8974-0-28468500-1376485372.jpg

post-8974-0-41750400-1376485563.jpg

Archived