What kind of people are on VFRD? Let me tell you.

• Member Contributer

I've been thinking about this and felt it would be good to let folks here know who they're dealing with on this website.

A couple of weeks ago I was looking at the thread on a new type of air chuck and made some comment about how I would have bought one but couldn't find them for sale locally and online the shipping was approximately three times the cost of the device itself.

Soon after, I was approached by some guy that calls himself V-Fore who lives in the US and who had apparently wanted one of these for himself and so had taken the liberty of ordering one for me as well. :fing02: The next question was about shipping it to me and this is where this guy named PolarBear comes into the picture as it turns out he lives in Canada and makes arrangements to meet V-Fore for a ride in the US where he picks up said air chuck and brings it back to Canada, then ships it to me.

Neither of them will accept any money for what they did and just both say aahhh, buy me a beer some time :beer:.

So that's what kind of folks we're dealing with here on VFRD.

Don't that just make your Friday? :bliss: Thanks again guys.

Cheers, BC

• Member Contributer

Yes, but you may not be so grateful when we get a flat tire 500km from your house and we call you demanding you come rescue us 'cause you owe us!!!!! laughing6-hehe.gif

Hahaha.. Just kidding. Karma baby, karma. I'm just trying to build a good credit with the goddess of karma...

AS for V-Gore, well, he's just a nice dude.

C

• Member Contributer

What a way to start my day :cool: I must say that I am only giving back what I have been blessed to have received.....Do unto others as you would have them do to you....Yes paying my Karma Points, to keep the scale balanced :lobby:

Thanks to all for the Kind words, I am merely giving back what I have received from This place called VFRD!

To All that I have had the pleasure of meeting over the years & those I have yet to meet I hope you all have a Great Weekend!

Gary

This site and it's members have help me through many, many Bad times let alone tech advice, rides, events and friends! Complete strangers other than being a VFRD member will get you an amazing amount of support on so many different levels that it still blows me away!

Thank your VFRD!. :bliss:

BR

• Member Contributer

Tell ya what, man, you're absolutely right about the good folks here!

One time I just asked Baileyrock to loan me five bucks for lunch and now, I'm a multi-millionaire so many people here felt sorry for me...... :fing02:

Now.....back to reality...... :laughing6-hehe:

• Member Contributer

Nice. That "pay it forward" philosophy is a great way to live.

• Member Contributer

Nice. I have heard many other stories of similar kind acts from members of this website. A great bunch of nice, friendly people. Thanks everyone. :cheerleader:

Great story! You saw it a bunch at Tmac. People giving parts up, wrenching on others bikes so they could ride, and even people who could not ride drove down just to support the riders in case of a break down on the road :cheerleader:

I agree!

And outside of Vfrd there are also good folks who can help if you are broke down or stranded.

http://vfr911.com/index.php

Check this site out and see if you'd like to join. Remember it's all individuals, not an organization.

It was set up by a member of the big list back in the day.

• Member Contributer

Hey, I commented that I was trying to relocate from the Texas gulf coast to northern NM or Arizona. I have forgotten the guy's name ,but one member said he had a place that I could park my RV at.He only knew me through my post on this forum. Like I said at the time,people at this site are the equal of the bmw people.It is hard to believe that in these times VFR people are so giving with no thought of any thing but helping you out.One more reason to ride,float or fly.post-19304-0-55399700-1311367601_thumb.j

• Member Contributer

Heck, I even heard tell that this group bought a guy a bike! :fing02:

Let's try and keep the discussion realistic eh.

• Member Contributer

I agree!

And outside of Vfrd there are also good folks who can help if you are broke down or stranded.

http://vfr911.com/index.php

Check this site out and see if you'd like to join. Remember it's all individuals, not an organization.

It was set up by a member of the big list back in the day.

Is this still a working link? Great idea, but I'm getting an error when attempting to sign up.

Is this still a working link? Great idea, but I'm getting an error when attempting to sign up.

Hmm, the homepage is up but nothing beyond that. Sorry, I did not notice that. Try the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Guys name is Colby teller.

• Member Contributer

Hmm, the homepage is up but nothing beyond that. Sorry, I did not notice that. Try the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Guys name is Colby teller.

Thanks.....message sent. We will see.

• Member Contributer

Been a member here for a while now and witnessed many selfless acts of kindness.

Don't really want to slobber all over this post, but this group makes me think that not all is lost for us, humans.

Carry on.

Good folks here. I've shipped free of charge a shock and a radiator. Got a freebie rear wheel.

Paul in SoCal

I've been thinking about this and felt it would be good to let folks here know who they're dealing with on this website.

Cheers, BC

• Member Contributer

I'll vouch for Gary (V-FORE). He's one of the coolest guys I've ever met. Every time I went over to his place, he and his wife always made me feel at home. I even remember that big parakeet they've got in their house.

And, yes, never have I been a member of (nor even heard of) a forum whose members do so much to help one another out.

• Forum CEO

Heck, I even heard tell that this group bought a guy a bike! :fing02:

Let's try and keep the discussion realistic eh.

It is real! My veefalo is what he is talking about. Its all documented in the site comments sub forum -> vfr1200 fund drive

• Member Contributer

How good is that?

V-fore and PB -> you blokes are long-range champs :fing02:

• Member Contributer

I have to vouch for the wonderful folk here on the forum!

When I had a breakdown on my big trip people on this forum went above and beyond. Simply incredible! :wheel:

Archived