What kind of people are on VFRD? Let me tell you.

• Member Contributer

Heck, I even heard tell that this group bought a guy a bike! :fing02:

Let's try and keep the discussion realistic eh.

It is real! My veefalo is what he is talking about. Its all documented in the site comments sub forum -> vfr1200 fund drive

Yep, I think I own $40 worth of it. Thanks HS for providing the forum for this to take place. Just sorry that I never got to see the flaf. Looking forward to meeting you in Nelson. :biggrin:

BC

Yep, I think I own $40 worth of it. Thanks HS for providing the forum for this to take place. Just sorry that I never got to see the flaf. Looking forward to meeting you in Nelson. :biggrin:

BC

Here's my own little part of the big Veef:

med_gallery_491_5532_79332.jpg

• Member Contributer

BC

Here's my own little part of the big Veef:

med_gallery_491_5532_79332.jpg

Really tempted to pull some CSI shit on that photo to find out what that is and I know I've seen that photo before but I don't have the will at this moment. I'll just leave it at ..that looks like a zipper pull. Where do they use a zipper pull on a Veefalo?? :comp13:

• Member Contributer

Been a member here for a while now and witnessed many selfless acts of kindness.

Don't really want to slobber all over this post, but this group makes me think that not all is lost for us, humans.

Carry on.

Well put about the slobbering but it's feelgood Friday so it's OK. :biggrin:

Really tempted to pull some CSI shit on that photo to find out what that is and I know I've seen that photo before but I don't have the will at this moment. I'll just leave it at ..that looks like a zipper pull. Where do they use a zipper pull on a Veefalo?? :comp13:

U don't need any CSI shit to tell you that's a front valve stem cap from a VFR1200! :laughing6-hehe:

Clearly far different from the rear one! :pinocchio:

• Member Contributer

I've been thinking about this and felt it would be good to let folks here know who they're dealing with on this website.

A couple of weeks ago I was looking at the thread on a new type of air chuck and made some comment about how I would have bought one but couldn't find them for sale locally and online the shipping was approximately three times the cost of the device itself.

Soon after, I was approached by some guy that calls himself V-Fore who lives in the US and who had apparently wanted one of these for himself and so had taken the liberty of ordering one for me as well. :fing02: The next question was about shipping it to me and this is where this guy named PolarBear comes into the picture as it turns out he lives in Canada and makes arrangements to meet V-Fore for a ride in the US where he picks up said air chuck and brings it back to Canada, then ships it to me.

Neither of them will accept any money for what they did and just both say aahhh, buy me a beer some time :beer:.

So that's what kind of folks we're dealing with here on VFRD.

Don't that just make your Friday? :bliss: Thanks again guys.

Cheers, BC

:idea3:

mmmm... ya know, I would've bought myself an 8-spoke rear for my viffer but they're just not available locally and online shipping is approximately three times the cost of the wheel itself .... ohh woe is me, what am I gunna do???

hint hint ....!!! :happy:

• Member Contributer

Ok, I'll jump on the happy wagon here. I have purchased five items from the classified section and each of them was over $100. Each time, I said I would just send a check and skip all of the pay pal shenanigans or money orders and such. The agreement was always that the seller would let my check clear and then ship the item to me. All five times I received the item about the same that they should be receiving my check. I'm hoping that this doesn't jinx my string of honest, trusting people on here but there aren't too many places left where your word is good and some guy on the other side of the country will just ship an item off to you with no gaurantee that he will ever see his money. Thanks guys!

• Member Contributer

Heck, I even heard tell that this group bought a guy a bike! :fing02:

Let's try and keep the discussion realistic eh.

It is real! My veefalo is what he is talking about. Its all documented in the site comments sub forum -> vfr1200 fund drive

GET YOURSELF OUT OF TOWN!!!!! Is this where my $2 went?????!!!?!?!!!! J/k....

C

Cya in Nelson HS!

Ok, I'll jump on the happy wagon here. I have purchased five items from the classified section and each of them was over $100. Each time, I said I would just send a check and skip all of the pay pal shenanigans or money orders and such. The agreement was always that the seller would let my check clear and then ship the item to me. All five times I received the item about the same that they should be receiving my check. I'm hoping that this doesn't jinx my string of honest, trusting people on here but there aren't too many places left where your word is good and some guy on the other side of the country will just ship an item off to you with no gaurantee that he will ever see his money. Thanks guys!

I too have had good luck with members here and the classified section. Even got to meet with one to pick up an exhaust. He didn't want to ship it so I told him I'd come pick it up and pay him extra if he'd meet me halfway, done deal. Didn't even know about the VFR911 thing, hope he gets the site back up soon.

Guest ampgoesto11

I've been thinking about this and felt it would be good to let folks here know who they're dealing with on this website.

A couple of weeks ago I was looking at the thread on a new type of air chuck and made some comment about how I would have bought one but couldn't find them for sale locally and online the shipping was approximately three times the cost of the device itself.

Soon after, I was approached by some guy that calls himself V-Fore who lives in the US and who had apparently wanted one of these for himself and so had taken the liberty of ordering one for me as well. :fing02: The next question was about shipping it to me and this is where this guy named PolarBear comes into the picture as it turns out he lives in Canada and makes arrangements to meet V-Fore for a ride in the US where he picks up said air chuck and brings it back to Canada, then ships it to me.

Neither of them will accept any money for what they did and just both say aahhh, buy me a beer some time :beer:.

Cheers, BC

I'm not that nice in any way. But, glad you had a great experience. I'd prefer to talk you out of free parts than send you mine.

• Member Contributer

Cheers, BC

I'm not that nice in any way. But, glad you had a great experience. I'd prefer to talk you out of free parts than send you mine.

That's just it really. On this site, the above statement is a joke, on many other sites, it could be a statement of fact.

Nice to see this thread has taken on a life of it's own.

Top shelf.

BC

Archived