GET BENT!!!

Veefer800Canuck

I liked your pipes out back on your Dillon bike. You going to do that?

Hey Lee, the pipes survived the wreck unscathed. My license plate mount was bent, but I can straighten or remake that easily.

I've gotten the exhaust system off today to R&R the centerstand for a non-bent one, and the underseat pipes are going back on tomorrow. :fing02:

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got the headers taken off today and the centerstand swapped out for the non-bent one.

Cleaned the headers and underseat pipes with varsol then simple green (3 years of road grime and tar on them) and rinsed them off at the car wash and reinstalled.

Mounting the underseat pipes tomorrow and hooking up all the wires/hoses underneath the tank.

Oh, have to pick up a baggie full of little plastic fairing clippy-hoohas at the auto parts store as well, I'm fresh out.

I honestly can't think of anything else that needs done besides the decals. :comp13:

Oh yeah, I gotta set the sag on the forks. :fing02:

Looks great. I'm not sure red striping would look any better, it looks great as is. Especially the smoked dumbos and headlight with the black fender, CF?

Thanks. Yeah, the front fender is CF. It's a TYGA part and has the "fat lip" on the front, which I like better than most aftermarket CF fenders which are thin enough for the leading edge to be almost razor-sharp.

SP001.jpg

I won't be adding any striping between the black and white colours, just a few decals in white/black and red/black. But understated. Not stickrd to death.

• Member Contributer

Your bike looks great!!!

I really like your rear hugger. Do you know if it fits the 6th gen? If so I'd like to know where and how much.

Thanks.

Nice, I love it :angry:

I could ride today if I had a bike.

Want to lend me yours? :comp13:

Not after I read your other post:

Mucking about with it a bit, it opened right up and a bunch of sick came out. :excl:

Don't want my bike to get covered with whatwever comes out of your foot everytime you upshift :fing02:

:blink:

Your bike looks great!!!

I really like your rear hugger. Do you know if it fits the 6th gen? If so I'd like to know where and how much.

Thanks.

Harris performance out of the UK.

No. it won't fit a 6th gen, the swingarm shapes are different near the front shock area.

BUT, they do make one for the 6th gen.

https://www.harris-performance.com/website/acatalog/Online_Catalog_Honda_rear_huggers_126.html

86 pounds in fibreglass, 118 pounds in carbon fibre

Nice, I love it :biggrin:

I could ride today if I had a bike.

Want to lend me yours? :fing02:

Not after I read your other post:

Mucking about with it a bit, it opened right up and a bunch of sick came out. :ohmy:

Don't want my bike to get covered with whatwever comes out of your foot everytime you upshift :biggrin:

:laugh:

Don't worry, it's all good now. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Your bike looks great!!!

Thanks.

No. it won't fit a 6th gen, the swingarm shapes are different near the front shock area.

https://www.harris-performance.com/website/acatalog/Online_Catalog_Honda_rear_huggers_126.html

Wow! That's really heavy for car... Oh right :biggrin:

Your bike looks great!!!

Thanks.

Wow! That's really heavy for car... Oh right :biggrin:

That's what I thought :biggrin: :laughing6-hehe: :laughing6-hehe: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

Not to nearsay anyone but, I reckon those red pin-stripe highlights will set it off... it needs something more... but subtle... and then an RC-46 decal above the blinkers (sic) in the concave ledged section of the fairing... I also reckon the silver/grey rims would set it off.. black will just bog the colour scheme down... silver/grey will lift it somewhat... make it livelier... & the SSS in black will then be the icing on the cake... actually me thinks that with the SSS in black AND the rims too... overkill... Timmy probably wouldn't agree tho' :biggrin: I'd even be tempted to do the large VFR decal in the VTR font...

Not to nearsay anyone but, I reckon those red pin-stripe highlights will set it off... it needs something more... but subtle... and then an RC-46 decal above the blinkers (sic) in the concave ledged section of the fairing... I also reckon the silver/grey rims would set it off.. black will just bog the colour scheme down... silver/grey will lift it somewhat... make it livelier... & the SSS in black will then be the icing on the cake... actually me thinks that with the SSS in black AND the rims too... overkill... Timmy probably wouldn't agree tho' :biggrin: I'd even be tempted to do the large VFR decal in the VTR font...

Some of those ideas are rattling around in my head as we speak.

• Member Contributer

Maybe you could follow the '09 and do a silver stripe along with the VFR decals on the front fairing, and the white wheels.

honda_vfr_2009_06.jpg

Finished with the exhaust system and it lines up better then it did before the accident! :beatdeadhorse:

It used to be slightly off to the right, which offended my sense of symmetry, but now, it's darn near centered! :pissed:

Now I just have to lift the fuel tank, hook everything up under there, put some petrol in it and hear that lovely cam gear whine! :comp13:

gallery_554_5200_1238498.jpg

Picture 025.jpg

gallery_554_5200_484876.jpg

Picture 024.jpg

gallery_554_5200_489392.jpg

Picture 021.jpg

Picture 024.jpg

:comp13: :pissed:

That's schmick!! And that 8-spoker... you can't paint that black... why have the 8-spoker if you don't want to show it off?? (JMHO) By the way, so you run a 180 on that rim?? Any issues??

Is that your real licence plate?? :beatdeadhorse:

The "Euro"-VFR badge (in relief) is sweet... but they're expensive little critters...

Keep it up!! (The good work that is).

• Member Contributer

Picture 024.jpg

:wub: :wub:

That's schmick!! And that 8-spoker... you can't paint that black... why have the 8-spoker if you don't want to show it off?? (JMHO) By the way, so you run a 180 on that rim?? Any issues??

Is that your real licence plate?? :fing02:

The "Euro"-VFR badge (in relief) is sweet... but they're expensive little critters...

Yea, but they would look perfect on this bike.

Keep it up!! (The good work that is).

• Member Contributer

I'm also feeling the wheels in big-wing-matching dark silver (or charcoal) would be the trick. They are right about black wheels drowning out with the swing arm...

Looking A1! :fing02:

• Member Contributer

What kind of gas cap is that? My Vortex leaked on the RC51 while trucking it down to a track day in a rain storm. Not saying yours will leak, just saying mine did...

What kind of gas cap is that? My Vortex leaked on the RC51 while trucking it down to a track day in a rain storm. Not saying yours will leak, just saying mine did...

Chinese Ebay gas cap.

I still have the OEM fuel cap and it's in good shape. I will be monitoring this one and if there is any problems with it, the OEM one is going back on.

• Member Contributer

Nice one Rob :laughing6-hehe:

Here's to everything going smoothly with the inspection and insurance :comp13:

I'm really glad you bought her back to us.

Were the front and rear lenses from the same place?

Looks and sounds great, excellent job on the rebuild.

Not being a fan of mirror extenders myself, have you considered getting a pair of BMW R1100S mirrors? They are a straight swap and a bit wider than stock 3rd-5th gen VFR mirrors.

gallery_5310_4453_36671.jpg

Archived